• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just reading an article and to put Aguero's achievement into perspective. Aguero has now scored as many league hat-tricks as Ronaldo, Drogba, Mo Salah, Hazard, Bergkamp and Eric Cantona……...combined !! Now that is impressive

Best goals per game ratio in Premier League (min 50 goals)
Player    Goals    Mins/Goal
Sergio Aguero   157    107.62
Mohamed Salah 50    109.56
Harry Kane    122    115.47
Thierry Henry    175    121.79
Ruud van Nistelrooy  95   128.19

Bangs em in less minutes played.

Took his league goals to 157 - just one short of Citys long-time joint record league goal-scorers Tommy Johnson and Eric Brook (from the 1920-30s).

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

On my trips home to Manchester, with my luuk khruengs in tow, had a very hard time explaining to them how "rich england has loads of people sleeping on streets when poor thailand has few...and why if they have no money do they all have dogs" (kids are perceptive aren't they). Good on Vinny and the City and United clubs for jointly  getting behind this cause.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-star-vincentkompany-hails-15780545

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, mrbojangles said:

Missed the game as I was stuck on a plane but just looked at the report and the line up. Fernandinho as a CB!! How did that work out? I can't remember Pep ever having played him in that role before. Is Pep trying to find an alternative role for his aging legs or something?

Gundogan, interviewed  on MOTD, said normally the players know the team selection, game plan, etc., before they arrive at the ground but for this game Pep didn't tell them until  they were in the changing room. Think it was Shearer who speculated was that because Pep didn't want his Fernandinho plan leaked or because he knew Arsenal's team selection  (the latter doesn't stand up). Curios.

Can't think of many players who could so easily play that dual CB / Midfield role as Fernandinho did. Tony Adams said Southgate used to do the same for England.

Can see Pep playing it again this season to get the extra body in to midfield.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

I haven't been a big fan of Gundogan but he was darn effective against Arsenal.

Was that only when we had the ball? Still haven't seen a replay but BB said Gun was nervy when Arsenal had the ball (or was it BB who was nervy) ???? and presumably left on his own if Fern retreated to CB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Was that only when we had the ball? Still haven't seen a replay but BB said Gun was nervy when Arsenal had the ball (or was it BB who was nervy) ???? and presumably left on his own if Fern retreated to CB

I was thinking when City had possession. I can't remember how Gundogan looked defensively, which is probably a good thing.

I'm a little worried about Spanish Dave. He hasn't looked himself lately. Hopefully its nothing.

Fernadinho is one of those players like jimmy milner who can play any position - bet they can both play in goal well.

Gundogan is ok when he's facing forward and given time. He cant defend. He cant tackle. Too weak and lightweight. Constantly frustrates me. Then he comes up with a ball like the peach of a pass to Sterling for the 2nd goal and he's forgiven. 1st half of the season i was irritated with Pep constantly playing Mahrez to settle him in when it weakened us, but now Peps darling is Gundogan.

Silva hasn't been playing to0 well for him i agree. Think the hair has knocked his balance out of kilter. I keep wondering who he is. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

So I'm in the bar in my hotel, doing work on the laptop, passively smoking 20 biftas, and enjoying a few Magners. Stoked I made it to midnight and game time again on a school night, when low and behold you fucktards aren't even playing tonight!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So I'm in the bar in my hotel, doing work on the laptop, passively smoking 20 biftas, and enjoying a few Magners. Stoked I made it to midnight and game time again on a school night, when low and behold you fucktards aren't even playing tonight!

I have awakened this AM looking for the result. A day early it seems. I feel like a shitscwibble.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

When i started reading this post i thought it was another of Ronnie's 'ive just swam a 1000 laps and ate a whole lamb' posts. ????

Another fackin '9pm bed up 2.45am nights, knackered all the next day at work' kickoffs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Newport beat Boro. I'll  have to take a look on google maps as to where exactly is Newport for our potential FA cup banana skin.

They played really well. Looked nothing like a League two side. Ground was a bog. Torrential rain all game but they played some really nice football. 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ballot, usually. 

I did read somewhere that Newport may want to play at Etihad as they will get 50% of the door.

Or would it not be fairer to play at a 'convenient' neutral ground, halfway between the two home venues to even out travelling costs for the fans.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I did read somewhere that Newport may want to play at Etihad as they will get 50% of the door.

Or would it not be fairer to play at a 'convenient' neutral ground, halfway between the two home venues to even out travelling costs for the fans.

Cardiff not far for them

From City's website:

The Exiles made it to the last 16 for the first time in exactly 70 years.

The Blues have never played at Rodney Parade – the only two previous game away to Newport were played at their former home, Somerton Park.

The only two league meetings between the teams took place in 1946/47, with the Blues winning 3-0 at Somerton Park and, in City’s latest finish to a season ever, the Blues won 5-1 at Maine Road in the return on 14 June, 1947.

The last meeting between the clubs was a League Cup tie at Somerton Park in 1962, City edging a 2-1 victory. in South Wales.

...The Exiles who have now seen off Championship promotion chasers Middlesbrough, Premier League Leicester City, National League Wrexham and Metropolitan Police in the First Round.

Rodney Parade’s capacity is 7,850 and ticket details will be released in due course.

The match, which will be played on 16 February at 5.30pm, will be screened live on BT Sport 2.

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thats not half way

OK, Etihad to Newport = 176 miles. Etihad to Wolves = 76 miles.

How about Birmingham City, 87.4 from Etihad. Newport fans will have to travel a mile more than City fans.

Edited by wgdanson

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Newport beat Boro. I'll  have to take a look on google maps as to where exactly is Newport for our potential FA cup banana skin.

Was working with some yanks in Vietnam a year back. Several of them actually thought Wales was a 'state' of England. They were amazed when i explained it was a country. Bloody seppos ????

• Haha 1