The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm sure we've been around this buoy and gone off at this very same tangent several hundred times already. The post was about our new Puma deal

Sorry for taking attention away from your Puma deal... we'll just sweep all that other stuff under the carpet then. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's all relative, of course you will attract massive offers now you are champions etc. But in 2009, nobody would have paid you what Etihad did to be your main shirt sponsor.

Probably netted you a few hundred million through the back door,... or front door actually, because nobody can do anything about it.

Remind me, what exactly was wrong with etihads 2009 shirt sponsorship as i don't recall anything being wrong with it.

At just £7.5m per season it was well behind ManU's £20m (AON), Liverpool's £20m (Standard  Chartered), Spurs £12.5m (Autonomy and Investec), Chelsea's £10m (Samsung) and probably represented a good deal for Etihad. The name of sponsorship is publicity and Etihad have certainly got plenty of that through their sponsorship.

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if anyone else heard it but at about 60 minutes the microphone switched to the studio and Richard Keys said "Come on Chris, get this bag of sh@t beat"

Who was he referring to?

Bournemouth today v City. 18% possession, zero shots on target, zero shots off target, zero corners.

Good effort you <deleted> yellow bellied <deleted>.

City scrap by again with very little creativity for the second game running, yet the narrative when we draw at United is we are bottling it.