• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Say what you like about Bolton, but I bet you haven't got Rod Stewart playing at your place this summer  like we have.

He will be singing a collection of his greatest hits including I am Ailing and Do You Think I'm Seventy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Say what you like about Bolton, but I bet you haven't got Rod Stewart playing at your place this summer  like we have.

He will be singing a collection of his greatest hits including I am Ailing and Do You Think I'm Seventy.

Boom tish!

You do realise Rod is a dirty red so he's barred from our place.

Pep talking after the game on Foden.

The Stockport youngster came off the bench against Schalke and rounded the keeper to score, in the process becoming the youngest City player to score in the competition and the youngest English player to score in the Champions League knockout stages.

Speaking after the game, Guardiola defended the amount of games he has given to the teenager - this appearance made it 23 for the season, with eight of them starts - and suggested that he will now be a part of the first team here in Manchester for as long as he wants to be.

"People say Phil Foden doesn’t play too much. He is 18, it is his first season and he plays a lot of minutes already, a lot of games," said the City boss.

"The people say he should be on loan. Phil Foden is not going to be on loan. As long as I am here he will be close to me because he is an incredibly talented player."

How good must Foden feel to hear a manager of Pep's stature in the game make such comments. But hey Alfie knows better (sorry couldn't resist it).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

According to this new blonde bimbo on the bein pregame show The Express, Zidane is targeting Sterling for a transfer to RM.

Why do I even turn on this garbage ?

They report as many facts as they have which takes up about 5 minutes. And then make the rest up to fill the show

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

According to this new blonde bimbo on the bein pregame show The Express, Zidane is targeting Sterling for a transfer to RM.

hahaha we are watching the same trash live 

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

They report as many facts as they have which takes up about 5 minutes. And then make the rest up to fill the show

And they actually had a smart and articulate bloke that used to get a bit of air time. Apparently deep sixed and the blondie brought on.

And now Mourinho.......:sick:

Edited by jellydog

34 minutes ago, jellydog said:

All over BBC website too

According to the Manchester Evening News, if we do get found guilty of signing an underage player, we may get a 2 transfer window ban.

However, what is interesting is that Chelsea have just been given a 2 window transfer ban and they have been refused the chance to suspend it until an appeal. But Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletico were all allowed suspensions pending appeals for exactly the same thing. WHy have FIFA not allowed Chelsea to do the same thing? 

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

According to the Manchester Evening News, if we do get found guilty of signing an underage player, we may get a 2 transfer window ban.

However, what is interesting is that Chelsea have just been given a 2 window transfer ban and they have been refused the chance to suspend it until an appeal. But Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletico were all allowed suspensions pending appeals for exactly the same thing. WHy have FIFA not allowed Chelsea to do the same thing? 

The reason as to why the ban is suspended whilst an appeal is in process is because if a clubs found not to be guilty , then they wouldnt have already been punished .

If Chelsea get found not to be guilty , they would already have served their punishment

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The reason as to why the ban is suspended whilst an appeal is in process is because if a clubs found not to be guilty , then they wouldnt have already been punished .

If Chelsea get found not to be guilty , they would already have served their punishment

Yeah, I know that Sane. I'm asking why have FIFA not suspended Chelsea's ban whilst they appeal in the same way they did for Real, Barca and Athletico? Chelsea are appealing are they not?

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, I know that Sane. I'm asking why have FIFA not suspended Chelsea's ban whilst they appeal in the same way they did for Real, Barca and Athletico? Chelsea are appealing are they not?

New sheriff in town mate. FIFA appeal chairman is a guy named Thomas Bodstrom. He took charge after the spanish cases had been decided. New boss = new rules.

Just now, wilai said:

New sheriff in town mate. FIFA appeal chairman is a guy named Thomas Bodstrom. He took charge after the spanish cases had been decided. New boss = new rules.

Cheers bud. Rubbish though eh? If the precedent has been set it should be the same for all. But they're a law unto themselves that lot

More from Pep on Foden:

"Of course, he can play more minutes, but he could play less. We cannot forget he is 18 years old and it's the first season he's played incredible minutes in the first team,"

"He's played in the EFL Cup semi-finals, in competitions where normally you can't take a risk. He played Premier League when there were still a lot of games. He played important games. He played the Community Shield. So, he's played a lot of minutes and he'll play more in the future.

"The process has to be calm. How many young players go immediately to the international team and after that disappear from the map? We want him to stay 10 seasons or 11 or 12 with us, playing regularly, and every season he will be stronger and stronger.

"He's an incredible talent but he still has a lot of things to improve. It's simple for his age. At his age he needs time to grow and to be created. He's 18 years old. It's important he knows he is able to play with us and he knows we can trust him. That is the most important thing."