• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Congrats on the quadruple... FIFA, UEFA, the FA, and the Premier League are all investigating potential financial irregularities at City. Talk about storm clouds gathering. 

If 'financial doping' is proven, I think City being stripped of their last title will be seriously looked at as a possibility, to save the credibility of the competitions involved. Just like how Lance Armstrong was stripped of his TdF titles. 

Of course in the scenario that City are stripped, the title can be retrospectively awarded to the team that finished second. 

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Terrific performance last night though jelly. Not saying we will win the comp but not many teams will want to face us. 

Of course I didn't see it here in <deleted> you Thailand. Sounds like a proper blistering was administered !

On a semi-related subject an incredible effort by CR7 and Juve. 3-0 over defensive minded A. Madrid. Amazing.

And lastly, has there ever been a footballer as talented as CR7 who was also as big an immature punk ? 

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Terrific performance last night though jelly. Not saying we will win the comp but not many teams will want to face us. 

Shooting fish in a barrel. Even Pep admitted it.

UEFA are sure to draw English teams together, so your next European adventure might be on the bus or the train. 

Final in Madrid and both Madrid teams out. Ha!

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Shooting fish in a barrel. Even Pep admitted it.

UEFA are sure to draw English teams together, so your next European adventure might be on the bus or the train. 

Final in Madrid and both Madrid teams out. Ha!

Might be their last Euro adventure for a while. 

Schalke did ok defending for 30 minutes but they crumbled once we got one.

Gundogan's best game for us? Give him time and he can pick the pass as good as the best.

Zinchenko continues to impress. Better defensively lately and he's quality when attacking.

Danilo seems to have finally settled and can be relied upon. We bought for the fullback positions and defensive midfield to which he's now added CB. Currently i prefer him over Walker.

Great Aguero goal; not many players could receive that ball off balance and finish.

Sane/Sterling 4th goal, the goal of the night or Foden's brilliant shimmy goal (Alfie! I said Foden).

VAR got the decisions right but waaaaaay toooooo looooong to come to a decision.

Last time we met Schalke in Manchester was 1970. We won 5v1 on the way to winning the European Cup Winners' Cup.

A good night!

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So no credit to us for putting the fish in the barrel?

Pep more than alluded to the fact that their domestic troubles had them lacking confidence. My opinion is that City should have put them in the barrel in the 1st leg. Still, it only took as long as City's first goal last night for Schalke to throw the towel in.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Pep more than alluded to the fact that their domestic troubles had them lacking confidence. My opinion is that City should have put them in the barrel in the 1st leg. Still, it only took as long as City's first goal last night for Schalke to throw the towel in.

1. "alluded to the fact that their domestic troubles had them lacking confidence". Don't recall such comments  from Pep. So what did he say exactly?

2. Wasn't an easy night in gelsenkirchen for us. Handball penalty goal and Otamendi booking we didn't agree with. 2nd penalty 7 minutes later we thought iffy. Otamendi soft 2nd booking and sending off. It could of gone 3v1 and not 2v1 with 10 men down if schalke had gone for it so give us credit for turning the 2v1 around there to a 2v3. Credit where credit's due.

3. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it champers.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Bernado Silva has extended his contract at City until 2025. Chuffed to bits with that

Definitely. City's player of the season for me; he's covered for loss of kdb. Also seems the most popular player in the squad with the squad. And he will get better.

With Bernardo signing up i can see now why the upset at Gundogan not signing up. Think he's the only player i can remember who hadn’t  instantly signed up. Stays good; goes im ok with that. 

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. "alluded to the fact that their domestic troubles had them lacking confidence". Don't recall such comments  from Pep. So what did he say exactly?

2. Wasn't an easy night in gelsenkirchen for us. Handball penalty goal and Otamendi booking we didn't agree with. 2nd penalty 7 minutes later we thought iffy. Otamendi soft 2nd booking and sending off. It could of gone 3v1 and not 2v1 with 10 men down if schalke had gone for it so give us credit for turning the 2v1 around there to a 2v3. Credit where credit's due.

3. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it champers.

Point 1: About 2 mins 30 secs in. You must've nodded off by then.

Edited by champers
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And Pep also said we were incredibly good. Something you don't seem to want to admit

You drew the worst team, by some way, in the last 16, based on league position. At Schalke you made a meal of things but eventually won. That away win was not as impressive as those of Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd and Ajax, so I'm not impressed by your performance there. You are top of the EPL and should have done better.

If you reach the final and play a non-English team I will be supporting you. 

City and Spurs are the only 2 of the last 8 never to have won it. Perhaps that would make a good final.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Point 1: About 2 mins 30 secs in. You must've nodded off by then.

Ok I misunderstand your comment "alluded to the fact that their domestic troubles had them lacking confidence". I understood "them" to mean City lacked confidence because of the EUFA, Premier, etc, charges.   

He talks about Schalke's confidence at 2.33 secs

1 hour ago, champers said:

You drew the worst team, by some way, in the last 16, based on league position. At Schalke you made a meal of things but eventually won. That away win was not as impressive as those of Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd and Ajax, so I'm not impressed by your performance there. You are top of the EPL and should have done better.

If you reach the final and play a non-English team I will be supporting you. 

City and Spurs are the only 2 of the last 8 never to have won it. Perhaps that would make a good final.

Still don't want to admit it eh.

You have to beat what's in front of you. As we've seen from WHU, Bournemouth, Watford and not Schalke it's not easy to score against and beat a team if they want to park the bus and try and get a goal from a freekick, throw in, corner or penalty.

Turning round a 2v1 game with 10 men to win 2-3 was pretty impressive no matter how much you try to denigrate it.

We hammered Schalke 7-0 and 10-2 on aggregate.

Yeah ok we were rubbish.

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You talk about us always bringing it up but really it's you lot who mention it first. OK Bob, it was your cup final and you won. Now get over it

Come on admit it, the thought of us in the quarters again has you shaking like a shitting dog ????