• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I don't know your mentioning those other clubs. City finished 10th in 2009. 

You: in 2009, nobody would have paid City what Etihad did to be City's main shirt sponsor.
Me: I pointed out City's Etihad sponsortship was just £7.5m per season...well behind ManU's £20m (AON), Liverpool's £20m (Standard  Chartered), Spurs £12.5m (Autonomy and Investec), Chelsea's £10m (Samsung) and probably represented a good deal for Etihad.
You: As above

City did finish 10th in 2009, the Sheikh's first season of ownership. The Etihad shirt sponsorship deal of just £7.5m per season came at the end of that season. Compare that deal with Spurs, who finished two places and 1 point above City, who had a shirt sponsorship deal of £12.5m (Autonomy and Investec). So £7.5m probably represented a very good deal to Etihad, especially as City were one of the most talked about clubs in the world then and would be so throughout the duration of the sponsorship deal. The aim of shirt sponsorship is publicity for the sponsor, so Etihad certainly got plenty of publicity through their sponsorship for a relatively small amount. Bear in mind that Etihad commenced operations only in November 2003, so they got on the 'City gravytrain' 6 years later for a very small amount and I they are very happy with the publicity they have received.

Hope you now understand why i was mentioning those other clubs.

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In the main, yes Ronnie. They are the best timings for connections from Saudi to Bangkok and my membership status let's me get at the pointy end a lot. Why you ask?

Curiosity....mainly whether City sponsorship has anything tio do with you choice.

I wouldn't be swayed either by sponsorship btw...makes me wonder why Emirates and the like bother.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Curiosity....mainly whether City sponsorship has anything tio do with you choice.

I wouldn't be swayed either by sponsorship btw...makes me wonder why Emirates and the like bother.

No mate, nothing to do with their sponsorship. Was using them before the Sheikh bought City. It must have been fate though ????

• Like 2

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Der Spiegel reporting they have seen leaked emails that Sheikh Mansoor ordered it to be windy at Goodison yesterday

Don't know why you are trying to turn this into a joke / attract more attention to it. The fact is, it appears there is evidence to suggest you cheated.

If you can summon any semblance of class as a club, you will internally investigate and clear this up. That's what real organisations do, they hold themselves to account. Those that are rotten to the core hold their hands up and say 'not me guv!'.

It looks like we have a corrupt Middle Eastern satellite club operating in the Premier League, and I for one have had enough of it. 

41 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Don't know why you are trying to turn this into a joke / attract more attention to it. The fact is, it appears there is evidence to suggest you cheated.

If you can summon any semblance of class as a club, you will internally investigate and clear this up. That's what real organisations do, they hold themselves to account. Those that are rotten to the core hold their hands up and say 'not me guv!'.

It looks like we have a corrupt Middle Eastern satellite club operating in the Premier League, and I for one have had enough of it. 

mrbojangles, jellydog and Bredbury Blue have issued a statement through our lawyers:

"We will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials purported to have been hacked or stolen from City Football Group and City personnel and associated people. The attempt to damage the club's reputation is clear."

59 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It looks like we have a corrupt Middle Eastern satellite club operating in the Premier League, and I for one have had enough of it

Bet you stamped your foot down as you typed that, didn't you.

^^^^

Small club mentality coming through again.... if this was my club I think I'd be feeling a mixture of shame and anger, and would want to know exactly how this was allowed to happen. Dare I say it, I'm sure fans of a club like Liverpool would feel the same.

Of course when these things go right to the top, nobody can speak out or do anything about it. Salary aside, City employees are like suppressed citizens in a Middle East dictatorship. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^^^

Small club mentality coming through again.... if this was my club I think I'd be feeling a mixture of shame and anger, and would want to know exactly how this was allowed to happen. Dare I say it, I'm sure fans of a club like Liverpool would feel the same.

Of course when these things go right to the top, nobody can speak out or do anything about it. Salary aside, City employees are like suppressed citizens in a Middle East dictatorship. 

Calm down man. At the moment these are all allegations. If something is found to be wrong we can answer then. And you are well out of order saying City’s employees are suppressed. You haven’t got a clue about how our employees are treated

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And you are well out of order saying City’s employees are suppressed. You haven’t got a clue about how our employees are treated

So if a City employee found some evidence of wrongdoing which implicated the Sheikh or senior level management, you are confident that person would speak out?

57 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So if a City employee found some evidence of wrongdoing which implicated the Sheikh or senior level management, you are confident that person would speak out?

Your making it out like City have committed mass murder. We are alleged to have cooked the books in order to appease FFP. Your Obsession with trying to hang us out to dry before proper due process is obvious to see. Typical RAG that believe only they should be at the top table and throwing your toys out of the pram. You don’t like us being better than you at the moment do you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

cooked the books 

I don't think you quite understand what it means if the investigations confirm this has taken place.

That you are rotten to the core, and institutionally corrupt from the top down. I don't see how a club like that can operate in the football league.

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I don't think you quite understand what it means if the investigations confirm this has taken place.

That you are rotten to the core, and institutionally corrupt from the top down. I don't see how a club like that can operate in the football league.

Sorry Rick but your holier-than-thou posts aren't half funny. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Their back garden is a very big desert, silence is golden out there. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Sure, Phuket Moscow Manchester 50 quid round trip

Yeah fair do's.

We had to fly them last year, Dubai - Moscow -Irkutsk, never again, seating was tight, lost our luggage and check-in staff were <deleted> too. 

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah fair do's.

We had to fly them last year, Dubai - Moscow -Irkutsk, never again, seating was tight, lost our luggage and check-in staff were <deleted> too. 

Vodka all the way

On 3/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, RickG16 said:

I know you guys love FFP, Der Spiegel, Football Leaks and all things having a go at City. Well take an hour to listen to this debate on Man City Fan TV between Jonathan Northcroft of The Sunday Times and Man City finance expert Colin Savage. 

The debate centres on all the allegations about City but brings in EUFA, Spurs' big financial risk of +600m debt which could kill the club if they've  got it wrong, Chelsea's peril if Roman pulls out and how the Glazers debtloading wouldn't be permitted in American sport. Very interesting and entertaining.

Some of you muppets might actually learn something instead of spouting off any old garbage you read about City.

1. Manchester City are being investigated by Uefa for alleged financial fair play violations.

Uefa said the investigation "will focus on several alleged violations of FFP that were recently made public in various media outlets".

German news magazine Der Spiegel has published a series of claims, based on leaked documents, that Premier League champions City have violated FFP rules.

City said: "The accusation of financial irregularities is entirely false."

The club added: "Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal Uefa investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails.

"The club's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record."

Uefa previously found City had breached FFP rules in 2014.

The two parties reached a settlement, with City paying a £49m fine - £32m of which was suspended - while their Champions League squad was reduced for the 2014-15 season.

2. The Football Association is looking into claims City made a banned £200,000 payment to Jadon Sancho's agent when the England winger was 14 years old.

That allegation was also made in documents published by Der Spiegel last month.

Uefa says it will make no further comment while the investigation is ongoing.