The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

I watched highlights from City's title winning game against QPR last night. I had forgotten that Zabaleta scored City's first goal of three.

I still get stressed out watching that and teary at the end. Always chuckle at the blue whipping his seat with his jacket - know exactly how he was feeling. Still amazes me that my 7 year old at the time, lay on the sofa behind me, slept through all the racket we were making.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Used to be pretty common events back in the day but i suppose less players make it to 10 years service  than they used to. 

I remember going to this one:

Mike Doyle Testimonial

9 May 1978 - Manchester City 4 England 3
Maine Road.

If any City player in recent years deserves one its Vinny. Good to see he's giving the proceeds to charity, and he's going to get the Mancini team back but to play who? Be good to get Mancini and Pellegrini back to manage half a game each vs Pep's team.

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Manchester City are being investigated by Uefa for alleged financial fair play violations.

Uefa said the investigation "will focus on several alleged violations of FFP that were recently made public in various media outlets".

German news magazine Der Spiegel has published a series of claims, based on leaked documents, that Premier League champions City have violated FFP rules.

City said: "The accusation of financial irregularities is entirely false."

The club added: "Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal Uefa investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails.

"The club's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record."

Uefa previously found City had breached FFP rules in 2014.

The two parties reached a settlement, with City paying a £49m fine - £32m of which was suspended - while their Champions League squad was reduced for the 2014-15 season.

2. The Football Association is looking into claims City made a banned £200,000 payment to Jadon Sancho's agent when the England winger was 14 years old.

That allegation was also made in documents published by Der Spiegel last month.

Uefa says it will make no further comment while the investigation is ongoing.

Not being funny, but don't be surprised if the FA jump on the bandwagon too, in an attempt to cover their backsides. They were fined along with Chelsea over the Traore, et al, matter. 

Interesting that Chelsea have been told that there is still a transfer freeze in place while their appeal is pending. Spanish clubs did not have freezes imposed while they appealed. Look no further than Spain to see who are stirring the pot for you and Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola makes 'verbal agreement' to join Juventus on four-year contract

Manchester City manager has reportedly agreed to take over at Juventus

Massimiliano Allegri may leave Juve to pursue a fresh challenge this summer

Journalist Luigi Guelpa claims Guardiola has a verbal agreement to replace him

Guelpa says his source broke the news of Cristiano Ronaldo's Real Madrid exit

If this is true City definitely need to go in for Mourinho!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6788743/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-makes-verbal-agreement-join-Juventus.html

Edited by ChipButty

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola makes 'verbal agreement' to join Juventus on four-year contract

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6788743/Man-City-boss-Pep-Guardiola-makes-verbal-agreement-join-Juventus.html

Please. Your cut and paste stuff is generally crap. Please cease and desist. You can do better yourself.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I doubt he'll break his contract till summer 2020, i doubt he will extend again beyond that date, and I could see Pep wanting to add Italy to Spain, Germany and England sometime in the future.

CORRECTION

Pep's contract extension is until the end of the 2020-21 campaign, not 2019-20, so TWO more seasons to go.

Todays rumour that Pep is off to Italy did bring in to focus for me that one day in the future we'll be going through the speculation of will he stay longer or not, and as we saw with Pellegrini, once players know the manager is off then their performances drop. Also, not sure how you can plan for the eventual loss of a manager of Pep's ability (25 'titles' in 9.5 seasons at Barca, Bayern and City).

On the day Uefa finally opened a formal investigation into City, the Premier League announced it had opened an investigation in to City, and then the following day a rumour comes totally out of the blue that Pep has signed up for next season at Juventus.

Coincidence or jiggery-pokery?

On 3/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, ChipButty said:

Guardiola has recently been linked with a move to Juventus in the summer, with current manager Massimiliano Allegri expected to leave the Serie A champions at the end of the season. But the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach, who has a contract with Manchester City until 2021, dismissed the claims.

"I don't understand why someone says something on social media and everyone says it's happening," he said.

"I am sorry for Allegri. I have two years and it is impossible for me to move, unless I get sacked.

"I am not going to Juventus for the next two seasons. What can I say? Nothing."

That rumour put to bed.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

'I am so sorry and I apologise to Javi Gracia and to Watford': Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola contrite over Raheem Sterling's offside goal

Raheem Sterling's first goal against Watford was a controversial one

He was clearly offside, but the referee overruled his linesman's decision

Pep Guardiola has said if it was indeed offside, then he is sorry for the goal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6790905/I-sorry-Pep-Guardiola-apologises-Watford-offside-goal.html

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Guardiola has recently been linked with a move to Juventus in the summer, with current manager Massimiliano Allegri expected to leave the Serie A champions at the end of the season. But the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach, who has a contract with Manchester City until 2021, dismissed the claims.

"I don't understand why someone says something on social media and everyone says it's happening," he said.

"I am sorry for Allegri. I have two years and it is impossible for me to move, unless I get sacked.

"I am not going to Juventus for the next two seasons. What can I say? Nothing."

That rumour put to bed.

Contrast that with Poch interviews and therein lies a tale.......

That’s how you rumours to bed. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

'I am so sorry and I apologise to Javi Gracia and to Watford': Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola contrite over Raheem Sterling's offside goal

Raheem Sterling's first goal against Watford was a controversial one

He was clearly offside, but the referee overruled his linesman's decision

Pep Guardiola has said if it was indeed offside, then he is sorry for the goal 

Pep doesn't know what he's talking about. Clearly on side. Someone on social media said so

Mrboj, as much as love your bike - and i have been known to show a pic of it to people - when are you planning to get the City badge redone? Never loved the eagle 3 star badge, but i love our badge now we've gone back to including the 3 manchester rivers and lancashire rose.

Hey guys good win   tuf but thought u deserved it.. 

Just if u missed it Here's that d speigal interview   it starts at around 55 mins.. u CAN fw, unlike some it  works on this one   no need to listen 2  iit all  https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2019/mar/07/manchester-united-rock-psg-plus-football-leaks-football-weekly-extra-podcast

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I changed it as soon as the new badge came out BB, just haven't changed my avatar pic. I posted it on the old City thread. This is from xmas 2017 when we took delivery of the wifes (hers is the mainly blue one). I've also changed my decals again since the piccie below, cos the wifes badges were bigger than mine ????

wifes.jpg

both.jpg

They're a beautiful couple!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Hey guys good win   tuf but thought u deserved it.. 

Just if u missed it Here's that d speigal interview   it starts at around 55 mins.. u CAN fw, unlike some it  works on this one   no need to listen 2  iit all  https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2019/mar/07/manchester-united-rock-psg-plus-football-leaks-football-weekly-extra-podcast

If what they say is true Sounds like your owners have been some what 'liberal' with adapting the rules around finances  ... actually liberal is being kind . but thoughts guys?

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

If what they say is true Sounds like your owners have been some what 'liberal' with adapting the rules around finances  ... actually liberal is being kind . but thoughts guys?

We've posted our thoughts so many times on this. We don't know the truth, none of us do, so let's not speculate but wait to see the outcome. 

For those not up to speed, City are the subject of investigations into alleged wrongdoing as follows:
1. The Premier League's investigation relates to the signing of academy players and third party ownership.
2. UEFA is investigating City for an alleged breach of FFP rules, as City stand accused of manipulating money earned from a sponsorship deal with Etihad airways.

3. The FA are investigating a payment allegedly made to former player Jadon Sancho, when he was signed from Watford in 2015.

4. FIFA's investigation centres around the signing of eight players under the age of 18 from outside Britain.

5. Manipulating the UK's Brexit vote (sorry).

Those bodies by instigating investigations have put themselves in to focus so its hard to see City getting away with being charged for something, no matter how big or small, how right or wrong. Should  be interesting. Good money for the lawyers involved.

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

A long CL holiday please.