The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Pep on Sancho:

Pep Guardiola has said that Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho decided not to take the challenge at Manchester City when he left the Premier League club. 

"I don't know. He didn't want to take this challenge, this opportunity to discover if he was able to," Guardiola told the media.

"He decided to go there. So, it's perfect. It's going well and congratulations on what he is doing.

"He is doing an incredible performance. He did it incredibly well this season. What would have happened this season [at City]? I don't know.

"Again, with the players, it depends on them and what they do on the pitch."

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Swansea playing some lovely football. Don't know how their goalie has kept all those shots out. Gonna be hard now

Looks like sterling and Aguero need to come on to save the day. If not that's the 4 trophies up the swanny

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep on Sancho:

Pep Guardiola has said that Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho decided not to take the challenge at Manchester City when he left the Premier League club. 

"I don't know. He didn't want to take this challenge, this opportunity to discover if he was able to," Guardiola told the media.

"He decided to go there. So, it's perfect. It's going well and congratulations on what he is doing.

"He is doing an incredible performance. He did it incredibly well this season. What would have happened this season [at City]? I don't know.

"Again, with the players, it depends on them and what they do on the pitch."

It's irrelevant what he thinks. He chose to let a top player leave for a pittance same player worth 100m less than 2 years later. It should make the sheikhs wonder if investing a bit more time in youth is:

A. Cheaper 

B. Better advert for youth 

C. Better business than buying likes of mahrez for 60m

D. with such a strategy would investigations of wrong doing be tarnishing them?

There's a club with egg on their face and there's a 100m star with a bug smile.

Do the maths.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Looks like sterling and Aguero need to come on to save the day. If not that's the 4 trophies up the swanny

...and Zinchenko for Delph (grr!), plus Mahrez and jesus who've been poor.

Def pen. Great team goal and finish from Bersant. Two chances two goals and its Palace and Leicester all over again.

Needs to change 3 of them at kickoff (he wont change anyone) but can't see us saving the day.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

It's irrelevant what he thinks. He chose to let a top player leave for a pittance same player worth 100m less than 2 years later. It should make the sheikhs wonder if investing a bit more time in youth is:

A. Cheaper 

B. Better advert for youth 

C. Better business than buying likes of mahrez for 60m

D. with such a strategy would investigations of wrong doing be tarnishing them?

There's a club with egg on their face and there's a 100m star with a bug smile.

Do the maths.

You keep posting WE CHOSE TO LET HIM LEAVE. We didn't. We offered him a new contract. HE chose to leave. Try to understand  the difference will you.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You keep posting WE CHOSE TO LET HIM LEAVE. We didn't. We offered him a new contract. HE chose to leave. Try to understand  the difference will you.

Nah you lost out big time. Biggest mistake since Bravo. More to follow.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For those against VAR. That's why it's needed. Never a penalty and Aguero off side for the winner. But I'll take it until the luddites catch up

You either have it or you don’t. I just can’t see how they can have it in some earlier rounds but now nearing the end they don’t. You can’t have a 2 tier Cup. 

And why don’t they have it., because it’s not a Premiership ground. It’s not long ago Swansea were in the Premiership. Oh and they have it later on the United game. 

Farcial. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

You either have it or you don’t. I just can’t see how they can have it in some earlier rounds but now nearing the end they don’t. You can’t have a 2 tier Cup. 

And why don’t they have it., because it’s not a Premiership ground. It’s not long ago Swansea were in the Premiership. 

Farcial. 

I think they only have it if the tie is at a premier league ground. Might be wrong though

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For those against VAR. That's why it's needed. Never a penalty and Aguero off side for the winner. But I'll take it until the luddites catch up

Ive always been told on here luck evens itself over a season.

Seriously though, Swansea got a deserved penalty, a cracking goal, hung on and had a lot of penalty box luck, but we got lucky with the penalty and taking the penalty, and Aguero's great goal could have been offside (not 100% clear). We'll take and move on. Exciting game. Bernardo by far MOM, again. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah you lost out big time. Biggest mistake since Bravo. More to follow.

1. Show me anything that disagrees with me that we didn't want Sancho to leave. Bet you can't and therefore your argument is up the swanny.

2. Some cheek referring to Bravo when your goalie lost you the CL final :cheesy:

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Aguero laid the pass for the first goal, scored the penalty, and scored the winner, if you are looking for a man of the match his contribution was decisive even more so considering he was a second half sub

Happy to go with that but who/what was the catalyst? Bernardo. Moving  to the left. Attacking Zinchenko on. A player who takes chances better than anyone in england.

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Aguero laid the pass for the first goal, scored the penalty, and scored the winner, if you are looking for a man of the match his contribution was decisive even more so considering he was a second half sub

Good point, well made 473. ????

Not being pedantic but I think technically, his penalty was a goalie own goal

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Good point, well made 473. ????

Not being pedantic but I think technically, his penalty was a goalie own goal

Possible have not seen the angle it cameback at but as it hit the keeper suggests it was on the way across and out. Not sure about own goal if the keeper gets a hand to a penalty and it still goes in that is not an own goal right? if it is his leg or backside on a rebound not sure,  The luck of City swung from totally out to totally in all through the game.

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Possible have not seen the angle it cameback at but as it hit the keeper suggests it was on the way across and out. Not sure about own goal if the keeper gets a hand to a penalty and it still goes in that is not an own goal right? if it is his leg or backside on a rebound not sure,  The luck of City swung from totally out to totally in all through the game.

The goalie has been credited. It bounced off the post and was coming back out until it hit the back of his leg.

Totally agree we had luck but I suppose Swansea did as well. They had 2 shots on target to our 9. There goalie and defenders were stopping everything

Just now, 473geo said:

If the ball is going into the goal and it touches  the goalkeeper/defender , it isnt classified as an own goal , but if the ball isnt going into the goal and it touches the goalkeeper its classified as an own goal .

Whether its an own goal or not  depends on whether the ball was heading into the back of the net or not 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep is class. Apologised for being lucky with the pen and Aguero being off side. No skirting around it, or "oh I didn't see it" rubbish.

A bit like snooker where they acknowledge a fluke but go on to win the frame anyway ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The goalie has been credited. It bounced off the post and was coming back out until it hit the back of his leg.

Totally agree we had luck but I suppose Swansea did as well. They had 2 shots on target to our 9. There goalie and defenders were stopping everything

Fair comment I'm sure the goalie is well impressed he made the scoresheet!!