• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Bit of a bore last night. Wasn't City vs cardiff u23 but City vs Etheridge who was MOM (BBC gave it to KDB, no way) otherwise we'd have scored plenty. 

Wasn't happy starting a game without a Silva, we weren't as good without them, but good enough.

Positives:

Foden in his first start (Alfie will be so happy now) was excellent. 

KdB looking better.

Danilo now a more solid squad player.

Negatives:

Zinchenko, who has been brilliant, going off with a hammy. From that point onwards we seemed to go flat.

Jesus loss of confidence.  He had at least  4 chances and missed all. You'd expect Aguero to have  put away at least 2.

Need Aguero back and Ederson (didn't have alot to do but great stop on the 1v1) for all the games till the season's end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

If goalies were paid on piece work, Ederson's salary would be a quid and Cardiff's goalie would be walking away a millionaire 

Must have been hellishly boring then!!!????

I have to say, i we do not pick our game up you are going to do us some real damage when we meet.  No early excuses here, i think its patently obvious that we need to get back to the form against Dortmund and as yet we are nowhere even approaching that.  And if he serves up one of his customary howlers against City,  you might also end Lloris' career with Spurs!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, carmine said:

Must have been hellishly boring then!!!????

I have to say, i we do not pick our game up you are going to do us some real damage when we meet.  No early excuses here, i think its patently obvious that we need to get back to the form against Dortmund and as yet we are nowhere even approaching that.  And if he serves up one of his customary howlers against City,  you might also end Lloris' career with Spurs!

I'll be surprised if we win one of these three games.

Pleasantly surprised mind you!

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'll be surprised if we win one of these three games.

Pleasantly surprised mind you!

Pep rested seven players for the Cardiff fixture, and they didn't bother to get out of second gear.  

Liverpool will win the title if it's their destiny to do so but i just can't see it, whereas City right now, as a squad,  look as strong as they have ever been at this late stage of the season.  Liverpool will need a bit of luck and they are getting it and if they were to win the league it would be quite some achievement.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Pep rested seven players for the Cardiff fixture, and they didn't bother to get out of second gear.  

Liverpool will win the title if it's their destiny to do so but i just can't see it, whereas City right now, as a squad,  look as strong as they have ever been at this late stage of the season.  Liverpool will need a bit of luck and they are getting it and if they were to win the league it would be quite some achievement.

Resting players is one way of looking at it. Another is that he brought in players coming back from injury (stones, fernandinho, kdb), had to play Jesus as Aguero is injured, finally gave Foden a start and gave Mahrez another chance.

At this stage of the season there's clearly little between the sides, fate with goalkeeper's giving goals seems to be with liverpool, and it will probably be one bad result for one of us which will give it to the other club. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Resting players is one way of looking at it. Another is that he brought in players coming back from injury (stones, fernandinho, kdb), had to play Jesus as Aguero is injured, finally gave Foden a start and gave Mahrez another chance.

At this stage of the season there's clearly little between the sides, fate with goalkeeper's giving goals seems to be with liverpool, and it will probably be one bad result for one of us which will give it to the other club. 

yeah it's fate, 79 points of luck and fate thus far. 

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

To be honest Bob, City have the kind of points lead over the rest of the league that most honest fans would have had  in their pre season predictions.  The one anomaly being that Liverpool have managed to stick with them. I'm sure Guardiola is equally surprised knowing the armory he has at his disposal.  Its all very well that you got lucky last weekend but in reality its fair to say you should have killed it off in the first 45 mins. City are just waiting for the slip, because they don't look like anyones getting even close to taking points from them and he's still rotating like its mid season because with his phenomenal squad depth he can. This is reality for me.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

To be honest Bob, City have the kind of points lead over the rest of the league that most honest fans would have in pre season predictions.  The one anomaly being that Liverpool have managed to stick with them. I'm sure Guardiola is equally surprised knowing the armory he has at his disposal.  Its all very well that you got lucky last weekend but in reality its fair to say you should have killed it off in the first 45 mins. City are just waiting for the slip, because they don't look like anyones getting even close to taking points from them and he's still rotating like its mid season because with his phenomenal squad depth he can. This is reality for me.

Agreed.

It's only this mega run they have from Palace away to Burnley that gives us a sniff. 

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Not sure why you interpreted my comments wrongly. I already stated that "At this stage of the season there's clearly little between the sides". My comment with regards fate is the feeling that goals and points gifted by goalkeepers were very fortuitous and it could be fate. Think Klopp must have made a pact with the devil. Maybe Klopp is the devil.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Tough test that was. Well played Brighton.

The comments above, I will treat with the contempt they deserve ????

Looked like a stroll in the park. City were playing at 50% but as Spurs have had the weekend off it is probably a leveller. 

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The entire rest of the world just turned over to watch the Coronation St omnibus.

Yep, City looked on their last legs didn't they.........could have gone either way!!????

Pep desperately trying to talk things down now, but this is the time when vast superiority in squad takes effect and City are winning these games in second gear.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yep, City looked on their last legs didn't they.........could have gone either way!!????

Pep desperately trying to talk things down now, but this is the time when vast superiority in squad takes effect and City are winning these games in second gear.

With three of our next four games against them will be interesting to see what Poch does tactically since we can't match them at all on squad strength.

Edited by RonniePickering22

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With three of our next four games against them will be interesting to see what Poch does tactically since we can't match them at all on squad strength.

Oh that's simple, we have to hope we play at our very best, we get all the luck and they have a major off day.  I'm actually incredibly relaxed about these three fixtures because i'm expecting little so i can only be nicely surprised.  And it would be sooooo funny!!!

But of course,  if Joe had thrown the kind of money in that their owners have then  thats the kind of squad you'd expect to have isn't it.  If you throw in that much cash you will win silverware, you will sweep aside the mighty Brighton,  however,  an owner like Lewis who believes in spending what you generate.  Apparently there's something wrong with that but not in my book.  it might take a lot longer to win something but as and when it will be so much more satisfying.  

• Like 2

Based on your comments I'm guessing you two Spurs fans didn't watch the game. We were poor and once again couldn't put the game to bed.

50 something games already is beginning to show.

In the 3 upcoming games you have a great chance. You should be  fancying yourselves to a result or results.

If we don't get Aguero back and sort out our LB spot i fear for us.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Oh that's simple, we have to hope we play at our very best, we get all the luck and they have a major off day.  I'm actually incredibly relaxed about these three fixtures because i'm expecting little so i can only be nicely surprised.  And it would be sooooo funny!!!

But of course,  if Joe had thrown the kind of money in that their owners have then  thats the kind of squad you'd expect to have isn't it.  If you throw in that much cash you will win silverware, you will sweep aside the mighty Brighton,  however,  an owner like Lewis who believes in spending what you generate.  Apparently there's something wrong with that but not in my book.  it might take a lot longer to win something but as and when it will be so much more satisfying.  

But according to Alfie, Joe is not your owner so how could he throw money etc. ????

You Spurs boys need to get your comments synchronised  before posting.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, carmine said:

My goodness Carms. That is such a desperate post. Get all the excuses in early and then finish it off with "it would be sooooo funny". Your 3rd in the league, had a nice rest and it's at your gaff. Couple that with anything can happen in cup comps, your early mitigation of just in case you lose holds no water

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

My goodness Carms. That is such a desperate post. Get all the excuses in early and then finish it off with "it would be sooooo funny". Your 3rd in the league, had a nice rest and it's at your gaff. Couple that with anything can happen in cup comps, your early mitigation of just in case you lose holds no water

They know it’s a 50:50 match and their best chance for some time of winning something hence the pretend negativity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

They know it’s a 50:50 match and their best chance for some time of winning something hence the pretend negativity. 

Well given our recent record against City we're not getting excited about it.

Another Real Madrid night would do me!

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good discussion on Radio 5 606 last night following the female presenter saying she thought the City fans were getting complacent. 

A female lifelong City fan phoned in and ripped her a new one. I think she said City have been in 19 Wembley finals in the past decade (please correct me if I’m wrong) and questioned like many of us why the Semi is held there anyways apart from the FA just being greedy. 

She said personally the day had cost her £200 and with another visit to London on Tuesday many just can’t afford it. Add to that the last train at 9pm and they were playing Brighton the whole package just weren’t attractive enough when you’re on a budget compared to upcoming games.  

To be honest the presenter tried to back track like hell but made herself look a complete chump. The lady calling in completely owned her. 

My brother-in-law and his son went yesterday. Both season ticket holders for donkey's years. My nephew bought his first house last year and his budget is tight. If it wasn't for his dad paying for him yesterday he would have not been able to afford it. That's the reality of a lot of fans and the reason why many don't opt for going to Wembley for a semi final. If you live in the smoke, it isn't too much of an hindrance but it's a football northern tax in my opinion.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

My brother-in-law and his son went yesterday. Both season ticket holders for donkey's years. My nephew bought his first house last year and his budget is tight. If it wasn't for his dad paying for him yesterday he would have not been able to afford it. That's the reality of a lot of fans and the reason why many don't opt for going to Wembley for a semi final. If you live in the smoke, it isn't too much of an hindrance but it's a football northern tax in my opinion.

That's all fair enough, but it brings it home again that you have by far the smallest fan base in the top 6.

If you ever win the Champions League I think you'll be the smallest club ever to do so. With the possible exception of Feyenoord in 1970.