The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Think you summed it up pretty well.

They defended well until our first goal. We wasted chances. Ederson had nowt to do. Sterling changed the game when he came on.

Loved our first goal - how good was that. Great finish  by Foden on his weaker rightfoot for the second.

Not often do you see Pep losing the tactical battle but he is at halftime today, and why does he insist on starting Gundogan? Gundogan has done nothing and rarely even makes himself available for a pass. A real head scratcher.

All credit to Wolves so far.

Thought Wolves were brilliant; can't think of a better performance against us at the Etihad in Pep's era. 

For us it's just not happening. Could have played for 900 minutes today and it wouldn't have gone in. Only Cancelo came out of it with a credit.

Early days i know but it's hard to see liverpool losing the PL to us for a third time.

Even ManU losing as usual can't cheer me up.

"It is the biggest lead any side has had after eight games in the Premier League era - the previous biggest was Chelsea in 2014, who went on to win the title.

"I know these guys," said Guardiola. "They are still incredibly involved and they can still do it."

The defeat means City are experiencing their worst start since the 2013-14 campaign under Manuel Pellegrini, when they went on to win the title."

Pep says we can still catch liverpool (have to take 6 points off them AND WIN AT ANFIELD which is rare). To do so Pep, stop with the Otamendi and Fernandinho partnership; it's too slow and Otamendi is a liability.

Bring in one of the kids before it's too late.

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Noticed Traore (spelling) is even quicker than Sterling. His best game for Wolves?

He has been getting a few rave reviews of late. The criticism of him has been his delivery has been poor but seems to be improving. 

He looks as rapid as James. I would like to see their 100m times. 

51 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

First - choice IX

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Mendy

KdB Rodri Silva

Sterling Aguero Sane

It's proving too much for us to cope with.

Is that the same Walker you pulled off yesterday?

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

we shouldn't be questioning who's pulling off who on here Ronnie, live and let live fella...

Folks... this is what happens when you win 8 out of 8 after not winning the league for 300 years. You become an annoying clown who surfs internet forums making terrible jokes. 

Archived