The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three points picked up. Nice efforts from many players, including KDB, Spanish Dave, Gundogan, and Sterling. Mendy is looking dependable which is a big plus. Cancelo the same on the right side. Foden looked sharp. :clap2:

Fernandinho with a silly foul for that second booking. Hopefully he won't be missed against Soton.

Bit of a struggle again. Too many misunderstandings, misplaced passes.

Gundogan was excellent again (MOM), Bernardo and a few others decent.

What's happened to KdB who's  been awful of late; was crying out for Pep to hook him. Jesus wasn't great either. 

Villa looked dangerous on the break, and having quite a few giants i was crapping myself at corners. Ederson thankfully did what was required of him and has been excellent in recent games when called upon.

Fernandinho was a complete plonker getting himself sent off - should know better.

So with England and City winning, can Spurs and Norwich make it a perfect sporting weekend?

53 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I just saw the second goal was credited to KDB. I was sure Spanish Dave touched the ball. Apparently not.

Now given to Silva.....so should have been disallowed as Sterling was offside when Silva allegedly touched it????

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Three points picked up. Nice efforts from many players, including KDB, Spanish Dave, Gundogan, and Sterling. Mendy is looking dependable which is a big plus. Cancelo the same on the right side. Foden looked sharp. :clap2:

Fernandinho with a silly foul for that second booking. Hopefully he won't be missed against Soton.

He won't.....he misses the League Cup game.????

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

But he will...we play Soton in the League Cup game next which he'll miss, hence my comment "Hopefully he won't be missed against Soton". 

Was Jelly's quote actually? and I doubt he was talking about the League Cup game as he would have been rested anyway????

Seems some livrpool fans are wrongly accusing Fernandinho of tactically getting himself sent off so he wouldn't miss the Anfield game...article explains their misunderstanding  

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fernandinho-liverpool-red-17152450

I actually thought Fernandinho was unlucky with his 2nd booking. He was running and tussling to get back with the villa player when their legs tangled. Looked worse than it was. Can understand the ref seeing that as a red but was a bit harsh.

City vs Southampton in caraboa cup tomorrow  night is not on tv here in Thailand. It's not on live in the UK so i can't use Mobdro or HDPrime.

Anyone know a GOOD free stream link to try (last couple of times trying to find  / open free live streams has not been great for me)?

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City vs Southampton in caraboa cup tomorrow  night is not on tv here in Thailand. It's not on live in the UK so i can't use Mobdro or HDPrime.

Anyone know a GOOD free stream link to try (last couple of times trying to find  / open free live streams has not been great for me)?

We have it on here on BEin MENA. Therefore, as it's being televised, it will be available somewhere on t'internet

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We have it on here on BEin MENA. Therefore, as it's being televised, it will be available somewhere on t'internet

It's just that i hate getting up at 2.45am and in a comatose state trying to search for a free stream, trying one and getting bombarded with pop-up adverts you can't trust, try again, repeat, aaaagh!

On 10/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

It's just that i hate getting up at 2.45am and in a comatose state trying to search for a free stream, trying one and getting bombarded with pop-up adverts you can't trust, try again, repeat, aaaagh!

Have you found something BB?

Good performance apart from a sloppy 10 minutes 2nd half when we took our foot off their throat.

87% possession first 15 minutes which dropped to 76%.

Interesting team selection with 4 City 'babes' starting.

Cracking Otamendi header for 1v0. 

Lovely team goal and great Walker cross for Aguero 2v0.

Poacher's goal Aguero 3v0.

Brilliant goal-saving stop by Bravo but then Angelino beaten in the air by bigger man for 3v1 just as Pep was going to bring on 2 more City 'babes' (????).

Only downer was ANOTHER defender injured with reserve reserve left back Angelino doing his hammie.

Good win.

Loved seeing 4 academy players in the starting 11; Angelino, Eric Garcia, and mancunian City fans Foden and Tommy Doyle.

Doyle's debut at 18 yrs and 2 weeks is earlier than paternal granddad Mike Doyle's (RIP) but way behind maternal granddad Glyn Pardoe's (15 years and 314 days, City's youngest ever player). Thought he was excellent but he needs to beef up. Midfield of Bernardo, Doyle and Foden might be the shortest or lightest midfield trio ever.☺

Pep was about to put on 2 more academy players in Bernabe (18yrs) and Poveda (19yrs), but as they scored and Angelino was injured so only Bernabe got on.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Unfortunately it meant the U21 side was left a bit depleted and they lost to Bolton in the EFL Cup

Yep 4 men light and Braaf was on international duty but our U21s qualified for the next stage of the EFL Trophy despite losing to Bolton.

See our U18s beat Liverpool's  away 4-0 last week (5-2 home win over the scallies last month).

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

giphy.gif

Doesn't guarantee you a striker of that ilk though. City are lucky to have had Aguero for so many years and also had Tevez for a few. Two absolutely top drawer strikers who give everything for the shirt. 

47 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't guarantee you a striker of that ilk though. City are lucky to have had Aguero for so many years and also had Tevez for a few. Two absolutely top drawer strikers who give everything for the shirt. 

Yes in recent years United are a perfect example of how spending <deleted> tonnes of money doesn't guarantee success. 

City obviously have a decent behind the scenes structure as they rarely buy donkeys at a premium. 

22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes in recent years United are a perfect example of how spending <deleted> tonnes of money doesn't guarantee success. 

City obviously have a decent behind the scenes structure as they rarely buy donkeys at a premium. 

We make a lot of money, so we are entitled to spend (or waste) it. 

But instead of getting tribalistic, why not discuss BB's point, which is a good one. Good strikers can be bought, but how easy is it to replace iconic ones. How easily did Arsenal replace Henry, or Chelsea replace Drogba, or Newcastle replace Shearer?

When the time comes, City might actually struggle to fill an Aguero sized hole. Agueros don't grow on trees.

The solution could be to buy 2 strikers and see who (+ Jesus) can force their way into the side

48 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

When the time comes, City might actually struggle to fill an Aguero sized hole. Agueros don't grow on trees.

Let there be no doubt. We will struggle to find anyone capable of achieving what he has. He's as near to being labelled irreplaceable as you can be

Archived