The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Folks... this is what happens when you win 8 out of 8 after not winning the league for 300 years. You become an annoying clown who surfs internet forums making terrible jokes. 

This is just the beginning PRick, the Insufferables are rising again. ???????????????????????? 

it's 17 out of 17 btw

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

This is just the beginning PRick, the Insufferables are rising again. ???????????????????????? 

I'm sorry... there's 6 trophies there. We aren't talking about the Champions League. Everybody knows there are freak winners of the Champions League. 

You don't make a real statement unless you win it and the league in the same year. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sorry... there's 6 trophies there. We aren't talking about the Champions League. Everybody knows there are freak winners of the Champions League. 

You don't make a real statement unless you win it and the league in the same year. 

Well if you are adding up proper trophies we've won more than you again now...

Careful what you wish for....

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

we shouldn't be questioning who's pulling off who on here Ronnie, live and let live fella...

A horrific thought Bobby....however I will correct his atrocious spelling and remind him I'm on the bevvy today. 

I hate smartazzes.

Edit: McGuigan Barossa The Shortlist 2016......nice drop actually to celebrate another Citeh loss. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Then they're either not City fans or if they are, they require putting down

Oh they are out there along with ours as well....the social media gimme it now generation mrboj....I love to laugh at em!

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A horrific thought Bobby....however I will correct his atrocious spelling and remind him I'm on the bevvy today. 

I hate smartazzes.

Edit: McGuigan Barossa The Shortlist 2016......nice drop actually to celebrate another Citeh loss. 

I'm on the Duck Duck Goose 2017...my ma' dropped it off with the kids this arvo ????

it's <deleted> lovely 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm on the Duck Duck Goose 2017...my ma' dropped it off with the kids this arvo ????

it's <deleted> lovely 

I have a Grand Barossa Shiraz 2017 to follow from Chateau Tanunda....this one is sublime i had it a few times already. :thumbsup:

Your mum sounds like a keeper btw lol.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I have a Grand Barossa Shiraz 2017 to follow from Chateau Tanunda....this one is sublime i had it a few times already. :thumbsup:

No cold meats?.... if you are drinking good wine I guess you're not in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

hahaha, you can't beat proper booze, I'll have a look for that in Dan Murphy's this week. 

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No cold meats?.... if you are drinking good wine I guess you're not in Thailand. 

Nope Rick I am in Scotland and have been snacking on hummus and crackers so far but have my home made lasagne to accompany the second bottle of vino....and of course fresh parmesan grated on top....you know the real stuff not the candy floss ya get mostly in Thailand.

Back in country soon for the 400 Baht "craft beer" offerings of course.

Funny though Rick one benefit of our various trips lately and friends visiting thailand is we have probably 10 bottles of good wine at the condo....they will be enjoyed slowly though unlike here in Scotland haha.

Meanwhile Citeh continue to amuse....where is Bredbury.....?

Must be sat in melancholy fuelled by Chang hahahaha.

Two weeks for Pep to cogitate on City's troubles. No Sane and no Laporte have hurt. I miss the interplay between D. Silva and Sane on the left. Otamendi is way too inconsistent and Laporte sorely missed. I understand Mendy has a hamstring problem again. Is Mr. Social Media ever going to be healthy? I'm hoping Cancelo gets time to shine at right back. I'm weary of Walker's loose passes and being so inept in attack. Here's hoping KDB can stay healthy. No shortage of problems. As an aside I wonder who might be the leader in the locker room now? No Kompany who held that title for many years. Its essential to have a leader who can inspire and stamp out horse<deleted> before it does damage.

51 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Funny though Rick one benefit of our various trips lately and friends visiting thailand is we have probably 10 bottles of good wine at the condo....they will be enjoyed slowly though unlike here in Scotland haha.

Meanwhile Citeh continue to amuse....where is Bredbury.....?

Must be sat in melancholy fuelled by Chang hahahaha.

Thanks for thinking of me Ronnie. I'm on a family holiday, in a lovely 5 star hotel down in Hua Hin, lay on my bed supping a lovely bottle of Jacobs Creek 2018 Chardannoy from the local 7/11 while snacking on some spicy dried squid. Cheers!

I'm pleased to see you are in good spirits (pun intended). Let's hope your lot sort out their <deleted> before you go to scallyland in 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for thinking of me Ronnie. I'm on a family holiday, in a lovely 5 star hotel down in Hua Hin, lay on my bed supping a lovely bottle of Jacobs Creek 2018 Chardannoy from the local 7/11 while snacking on some spicy dried squid. Cheers!

I'm pleased to see you are in good spirits (pun intended). Let's hope your lot sort out their <deleted> before you go to scallyland in 2 weeks.

Glad to hear it Bredbury....the Anantara is my favourite down there just cos of the shade by the pool......some ace restaurants by the night market too.

Pep probably giving Phil support and encouragement for not being able to give him much game time

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists Phil Foden is priceless

Pep Guardiola says Phil Foden is indispensable to Manchester City and even 500m euros (£450m) would not be enough to prise the youngster away from the Etihad Stadium.

The City boss said in April that Foden will be an important player for the club "for the next decade" and apologised to the 19-year-old earlier this month for not handing him the minutes he deserves this season.

Guardiola insists Foden is the natural successor to veteran playmaker David Silva - who brings the curtain down on his decade-long stay with City at the end of the season - and remains convinced the Stockport-born midfielder will be one of England's best players for years to come.

"We didn't give Foden a new contract by accident," Guardiola said.

"He is the only player that can't be sold under any circumstances, the only one. Not even for 500m euros.

"Phil's going nowhere. Phil is City. We won't be signing anyone else for that position. When David Silva leaves, we know exactly who our new magician will be."

"He's grown up with us. He's one of us and he's going to be brilliant - one of the Premier League's best."

We all know Pep absolutely loves Gundogan, but the Wolves game was crying out for Foden to come on and give it ago. You want goals - Foden or Gundogan - easy decision. There was a game earlier in the season when he brought on Gundogan but should have brought on Foden. Gundogan and Silva should rarely be partnered in midfield; too similar; lightweight, not physical, no legs. If KBD isn't available then it should be Bernardo for legs and his enthusiasm (he also scores) or Foden used carefully.

Likewise, without LaPorte, we now have a Liverpool pre-VVD slapstick type defence (but we have a decent goalkeeper in Ederson). In 90% of most games, City's Otam-END-! kamikaze-dive in-won't jockey defence or Liverpool's pre-VVD slapstick defence are fine, and then they find the one long blade of grass on the pitch to trip over, and whoops, it's a goal conceded. Drop Otamendi and get one of the two kids in there, OR, play Otamendi and a kid and play Rodri AND Fernandinho in central midfield to stop the breaks and protect our soft centre.

I know at the weekend he gambled by playing Cancelo out of position on the left as he's faster than midfielder Zinchenko or LEFT-BACK Angelino to cope with speedster Traoure, but with a right footed left back (Cancelo) and a right footed winger (Sterling) no wonder Silva couldn't create anything (boy are we missing our No.1 move: Silva slips it through to Sane running at pace). Gundogan also always drifts left, so we had everybody on the left getting no where and Mahrez stood on his own on the right watching the game and dreaming about his next hairstyle.

At the moment, with the injury problems, Pep is trying to out think himself with square pegs in round holes. Give one or two of the kids a go - they can't be any worse than Otamendi has been vs Norwich and Wolves.

Noticeable in the two games we have lost that both Norwich and Wolves wanted it more. Again there are players like Gundogan, who doesn't fight/graft, who make it harder for you, than playing somebody who does fight/graft like Bernardo.

And why is it managers - and not just Pep - always leave it too late before making substitutions. Sometimes you can see feel hear taste a goal is going to be conceded but they wait until it's happened and too late.

We shot ourselves in the foot at Norwich with pathetic defending when we should have won, but to be honest 0v2 flatters us as Wolves had the better chances and gave us nothing (they've wrote the blue print for how to play against City at the Etihad).

Football eh, can't live without it but hate it so much of the time!

Funny how we were only talking about this last week but it sums up what we have been saying. From the M.E.N

Man City chief angers Liverpool FC fans with Champions League claim

Omar Berrada was simply stating the Manchester City priorities but his comments have not gone down well on Merseyside.

Manchester City chief Omar Berrada claims that winning the Premier League is a better measure of a team than success in the Champions League .

The Blues’ chief operating officer said that City have their eyes on lifting the elite European trophy, and that doing so would give them an extra boost in terms of promoting the club.

But, in line with previous statements by the club hierarchy, Berrada said that the domestic league title is a better measure of a team.

City have won the Premier League for the past two seasons, while main rivals Liverpool have reached successive Champions League finals, winning the last one earlier this year.

Berrada did not hide the fact that City want to win the big UEFA competition, even though polls have shown that Blues fans still favour success in the league.

Asked how much they would like to win the Champions League, Berrada said: “A lot, of course, but what we don’t want to do is obsess. It is something we believe will come.

“I would say that not always the best team wins the Champions League, but usually the best team wins the league.”

That has provoked a reaction from some Liverpool fans, who have accused Berrada of having a dig at the Merseysiders.

But it is in line with the view from top brass at the club, who have repeatedly said that the Premier League is City’s bread and butter – and that is for financial reasons as well as football ones.

6 hours ago, deej said:

Only 8 matchs in .

But

8 points behind leaders Lpool

and the nerves are already

Jangling  and Excuses freely flowing ????????????

Why is it if you state facts/reality it's viewed as excuses?

In the games I've  seen liverpool (vs Norwich and SheffU), they weren't great but got the results which champions do.

City also haven't been great (seen all our games), key injuries are really hurting us and it just doesn't feel right (by that i mean in the previous 2 seasons, whenever we played not great, invariably we'd win and often by a late goal; Bournemouth away Sterling 97th minute springs to mind). 

It would take an absolute disaster and a colossal <deleted> for Liverpool to throw it away for a third time against us.

So while i honestly think 8 points is too much for us to catch up, considering the key injuries, the way we're playing, but until it's over hope remains - who knows, maybe we'll take 6 points off liverpool (hard to see; 4 points maybe), they will inevitably drop points (if they don't they WILL be the greatest team of all time), maybe also get a couple of dodgy decisive VAR decisions against them, an injury or three to VVD, a forward and a midfielder or Robertson, etc, and we're back in it.

But currently it's all looking good for liverpool to break their THIRTY YEAR drought.

If i was a betting man I'd be putting my money on liverpool.

Excuses? Nah, reality/facts. But as a lovely old footballing genius used to say, "It's a funny old game Saint" and anything can happen (which is why we love  it).

Archived