The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

30 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

You could almost see this coming. I don't think Ronaldo would enjoy playing the ETH way which is his trademark but the obvious problem can be broken up into 3 issues. Add not playing CL.

(1) I cant see anyone in the current squad who could match his ability to score the number of goals unless Rashford suddenly regains his form and becomes the player we all thought he was going to be. Aerially he is no match for Ronaldo who is the best header of ball I can remember.

(2) Effective strikers are thin on the ground, This is a rebuild we don't want another striker at the end of his career ,that's just a quick fix and like the Cavani experiment possibility of being injury prone. 

(3) The upcoming tour of Thailand and Australia is also effected, These tours are simply commercial  ventures nothing to do with formulating the final team and Ronaldo is the player many want to see ,maybe their last chance. The games in Australia will have crowds of 90,000 in Melbourne and 85,000 in Sydney ie capacity crowds. Without cameo appearances from Ronaldo that's going to effect sales of merchandise, high on list for the Glazers.

So a dilemma for the club, of course his obscene wage would be saved assisting any future purchases. I'm not sure any potential club can afford his current income.

Incoming seems like Erikson will be joining, might not score many goals but his strength is being a goal creator. Malacia came out of the blue, younger version of Evra but more tenacious. Now we have 3 LB's unless he could play a a wing back, plenty of vision on him on you tube.

No one outside the club management knows who is being tracked, social media and journos scrambling for stories but like long time supporters including season ticket holders mostly clueless as it should be

Good to hear from you Sparkles!

Agree with most of that. It sounds like you agree that even a Ronaldo that doesn't want to be there could be a better bet than a replacement this season.

Apparently he is out of training for the foreseeable future due to 'family reasons'. There's a lot of mystery around it. I'm sure all will become clear before the end of the season.

One thing is for sure.... if he goes to Chelsea it will be very weird to see him play for another English team. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:09 PM, Mavideol said:

contrary to ManU that sacks a coach after 4-5 games City and Liverpool gave their coaches chances to show up their work, what did Klippity won when he arrived, 

Liverpool had won just one trophy in the previous nine years, the 2011/12 League Cup, and had only been able to reach the Champions League group stage once in six seasons. In the 2014/15 season we got flogged by Stoke and had 12 losses. 

In his first season, which started part way in to the season, no pre-season or transfer market, he took us to a League Cup Final and Europa League Final. 

In his second season he got us back in the Champions League.

Hey laid the foundation to go on a win everything. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Welcome to Manchester young man - Telles will be sold now along with Brandon Williams - Tyrell Malacia will become our number 1 left back for sure, he's 10 times the player of fat boy Shaw - Wish we could sell him too as we have the Spanish kid from our youth team as back up as well - Great signing.

Screenshot_20220705-201244_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, RickG16 said:

I'm interested to hear United fans' views on this Ronaldo situation.

Long story short - If he wants to go, Tata Ronnie, no big deal - But i hope he doesn't remain in the premier league - Seeing him in a Rentboy shirt would be hard to swallow - If he really wanted out,  he should have made his feelings known earlier - I am off to Bangkok next Monday for the match & if he aint on the plane on Friday, then i will be extremely dissapointed, but hey, it it is was it is.

I was there on the 6th August at the Jose Avalade stadium in Lisbon when Ronnie ( Playng for Sporting Lisbon) tore the entire United team a new ass whole - It was a Friday night, what a player.

I was fortunate enough to have met with Ronaldo at a hotel in Athens before a match against Panathinaikos - Lovely down to earth fella & kindly signed my shirt ( Along with the whole United team) - Had a good chat with Sir Alex that night too - But Phil Neville did tell me to <deleted> off - I cant blame him though, considering, i was sitting on the team couch, as they were on their way to the stadium for some pre match training.

I have seen George Best, Maradona, Messi & whoever else is in the frame, live & for me, the greatest player i have ever seen, is Christiano - If he leaves, he will still & always will be a United Legend ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

Long story short - If he wants to go, Tata Ronnie, no big deal - But i hope he doesn't remain in the premier league - Seeing him in a Rentboy shirt would be hard to swallow

Ronaldo did say that he wants to play for a football Club that is challenging for honours , so its quite possible that he could move from Man U to Chelsea

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ronaldo did say that he wants to play for a football Club that is challenging for honours , so its quite possible that he could move from Man U to Chelsea

no, he's staying at ManU.... he was <deleted> because they cut his salary  and they are not moving on with new signings, sure he would prefer an ambitious team, sure ManU is not one of them but it is what it is, not easy to find a guy who scores 30 goals/year

Edited by Mavideol

12 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Long story short - If he wants to go, Tata Ronnie, no big deal - But i hope he doesn't remain in the premier league - Seeing him in a Rentboy shirt would be hard to swallow - If he really wanted out,  he should have made his feelings known earlier - I am off to Bangkok next Monday for the match & if he aint on the plane on Friday, then i will be extremely dissapointed, but hey, it it is was it is.

I was there on the 6th August at the Jose Avalade stadium in Lisbon when Ronnie ( Playng for Sporting Lisbon) tore the entire United team a new ass whole - It was a Friday night, what a player.

I was fortunate enough to have met with Ronaldo at a hotel in Athens before a match against Panathinaikos - Lovely down to earth fella & kindly signed my shirt ( Along with the whole United team) - Had a good chat with Sir Alex that night too - But Phil Neville did tell me to <deleted> off - I cant blame him though, considering, i was sitting on the team couch, as they were on their way to the stadium for some pre match training.

I have seen George Best, Maradona, Messi & whoever else is in the frame, live & for me, the greatest player i have ever seen, is Christiano - If he leaves, he will still & always will be a United Legend ????

You going to the Bangkok game pal?

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

Does a bear <deleted> in the woods ?

Reckon there's any chance of it kicking off? Or not enough of the usual protagonists going?

Would probably be unwise to start misbehaving in this part of the world 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Reckon there's any chance of it kicking off? 

There is every chance, but like you quite rightly stated, not very wise to get involved - As per usual, i won't be wearing any colours, only a small United pin badge on my tee-shirt - I hope every one behaves & enjoys the match, plenty of beers & hopefully some goals too - I'll be happy with a 3-2 victory ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Reckon there's any chance of it kicking off?

I reckon there's a big chance that it will kick off , I would even say that it will definitely kick off .

It will kick off big time just before the game starts and also kick off just before the second half starts , and they will also kick-off again after any goals have been scored 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I reckon there's a big chance that it will kick off , I would even say that it will definitely kick off .

It will kick off big time just before the game starts and also kick off just before the second half starts , and they will also kick-off again after any goals have been scored 

You seem like a quality new recruit to the football forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Did the humour go over your head?

Hey Mr Boj great to hear from you..... Oops sorry I got you mixed up with sparkles for a second....

Over my head? It was so route one it caught me straight in the stomach. I'm not sure he's exactly the king of wit MakManus 

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In the UK on me hols with my daughter. Off to the Etihad this morning. My daughter hasn't been for about 3 years and she fancies the stadium tour.

Have a good one! Wouldn't it have been a better idea to go during the season so you can watch a game.......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

First chance to see Utd's big new signing - Whatsisname.

His name is Malacia and he looks like the <deleted>.

You haven't replied to my question on why people would laugh at you for eating at 'Kiss' restaurant in Pattaya.

58 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You haven't replied to my question on why people would laugh at you for eating at 'Kiss' restaurant in Pattaya.

Almost off-topic but keep reading .....

Kiss is regarded as a cheapskate hangout, others say the Thai food isn't authentic. I think it is OK, food is good and any Thai I have taken there loves the Thai food.

The Thai owner is a Man Utd fan and a photo of him taken outside OT took pride of place in my local branch (now closed).

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:28 PM, RickG16 said:

You seem like a quality new recruit to the football forum.

There will be mostly Thai people there , all wearing their colours and football shirts and waving their flags and all mingling and sitting next to each other and enjoying the day .

No need to be concerned about the Cockney reds trying to "take" the Kop end or the Bangkok reds ambushing you at Bang sue on the way home . 

This is Bangkok 2022 , its not the Stretford end 1978

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There will be mostly Thai people there , all wearing their colours and football shirts and waving their flags and all mingling and sitting next to each other and enjoying the day .

No need to be concerned about the Cockney reds trying to "take" the Kop end or the Bangkok reds ambushing you at Bang sue on the way home . 

This is Bangkok 2022 , its not the Stretford end 1978

Not concerned at all. Not least because I'm not going to the game.

Do you always talk to people like a condenscending <deleted>?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are getting rather abusive and confrontational . 

Is it match day today ?

Lets hope that day passes peacefully and that the Bangkok reds don't try and take the home in at the  Rajamamjalar , could lead to a five year ban for English clubs playing in Thailand ?

Sounds like you are the one stuck in the 70s pal. Which suggests your age... and because you've been around the block a bit think you can talk to people like idiots. 

Just now, RedArmy said:

Looks like the FDJ deal is done, great signing.

What a great night at the Ragamangala stadium last night - Smashed the Bin Dippers 4-0 ????

let's talk when the serious stuff starts  555

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, RedArmy said:

Andreas Pereria gone to Fulham for 10m - That's another one out the door & off the wage bill.

Why the rejoicing? He was out on loan in Brazil last season and played no part in the debacles at Watford and Brighton or the double humiliation by Liverpool. You must be easily pleased.