Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Here is a look at the provisional squad he could choose from:

What will be your selection for the Huddersfield game?

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Diogo Dalot, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Fred, James Garner, Paul Pogba, Andreas Pereira, Angel Gomes, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial

I would like us to go 442 yes I know it won't happen but this is the team I would like to see.

Degea

Dalot Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Lingard Mata Herrera Pogba 

Rashford  Martial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nev said:

I would like us to go 442 yes I know it won't happen but this is the team I would like to see.

Degea

Dalot Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Lingard Mata Herrera Pogba 

Rashford  Martial.

He'll switch that to 4 3 3 with Lingard Rashford Martial 

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

He'll switch that to 4 3 3 with Lingard Rashford Martial 

Yes very flexible and no Matic to slow it all down, I know Mata is slow but his footballing ability wins hands down.

25 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can't wait for Sanchez to get back into the team. With Ole at the helm we could see the Sanchez that we thought we'd bought from Arsenal.

Yes Indeed, If utilized properly he could be a great asset for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why all the angst and bitterness? Is it because your manager will be our manager next season?

Not to worry, with a bit of luck you might be able to replace him with Maurino. ????????????

c b made an ignorant  stupid statement and instead of standing up and sayin 'whoops a mistake'  and ending it, him and a few others tried turning it  on me,, but hey stupid is as stupid does, But poch to you, we'll just have to wait and see, tbh if it was madrid makin the headlines,, i'de be worried  , but going to your mob really cant see it  your global appeal aint what it once was and from my exp s/a's  dont have the same soft spot for utd as they do for say madrid or  barca ,but as per norm money WILL speak and probably have near enuf the final say.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

It is refreshing to see all these new United supporters spring on to this page with feverish excitement. Huddersfield at home today boys...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c238d97506c6b4d63

Which new United supporters? It's truly heartwarming that even in a season in which you might win the league we are still your reference point.

BTW I notice an amazing 2 English players in the Liverpool starting XI today... That's double the number you usually have.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It is refreshing to see all these new United supporters spring on to this page with feverish excitement. Huddersfield at home today boys...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c238d97506c6b4d63

I was actually the first person to post in this current incarnation of this thread, don't bother looking, the post's no longer there. Apparently, this isn't a thread for United supporters, it's exclusively reserved for sad little trolls.

Good Morning guys That was not to bad next please

Paul Pogba full time gesture shows how much Manchester United mood has changed

Man Utd beat Huddersfield in their Boxing Day fixture at Old Trafford as Paul Pogba scored twice and David de Gea made a fine save. 

What more can you ask for?

• Like 2

Wayne Rooney was back at Old Trafford and Ryan Giggs stood in the directors' box to applaud his old teammate's homecoming. Giggs knows exactly how Solskjaer would have felt as he emerged from the Stretford End in his Paul Smith club suit, the stadium adorned with a banner in honour to his service, knowing it could all end in May.

I think our midfielders were far too slow on the ball today and Mata slowed down the attack. He just cannot run at defenses, you have to put him in the number 10 behind the front 3 or not play him in my opinion. Few signings could really transform this side. It is nice looking forward to watching us play again. Great game from Pogba.

Edited by ChipButty

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

I was actually the first person to post in this current incarnation of this thread, don't bother looking, the post's no longer there. Apparently, this isn't a thread for United supporters, it's exclusively reserved for sad little trolls.

Like I’d actually go digging for a post you made, who gives a toss. 

I’m not trolling, I’m giving shit to the fairweather support and giddiness. Where were all these fans in the dark times on here? 

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I’m not trolling, I’m giving shit to the fairweather support and giddiness. Where were all these fans in the dark times on here? 

I was there in the dark times when we got relegated 1974 and lost to Southampton in the FA Cup that was a long drive back from Wembley to Manchester when you lose

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spidey said:

Why all the angst and bitterness? Is it because your manager will be our manager next season?

Not to worry, with a bit of luck you might be able to replace him with Maurino. ????????????

You know, what, although i think the odds are tipped slightly in favor of you getting Pochettino there's also compelling reasons for him to stay.  Its not about the money with him or he would have left already, He was involved with the stadium design,  has total control of the footballing side of the club and has a very close bond with the team.  He is also only mid way through achieving what he wants at Spurs.  All i'm saying is its not cut and dry despite the media frenzy to see him go to you. Ofcourse if Ole does well the fickle media will start o forget about Poch to United..  In some respects he would be and to leave.

Add to that the possibility that Ole will do very well and the board might well consider him worthy of a chance.  he's United through and through, he's young and he'll save you 50m quid.

But please don't keeping crying to Pochettino every time you realize you haven't found your stability or whatever fathom world United fans think they had become entitled to under RedNose.????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Hold on Bob, was that Mo Salah i just saw flying through the air!!!!????

I watched the game , not sure what to make of this United team , Huddersfield could have scored and equalized in the first half. 2nd half was a lot better, Pogba was the big difference..

Bournemouth and Newcastle coming up will be a lot tougher games to win. 

But good luck Ole. 

11 minutes ago, balo said:

I watched the game , not sure what to make of this United team , Huddersfield could have scored and equalized in the first half. 2nd half was a lot better, Pogba was the big difference..

Bournemouth and Newcastle coming up will be a lot tougher games to win. 

But good luck Ole. 

They will be fine for the next two as well.  However, it gets oh so very different after that starting with us at Wembley on the 13th and then PSG and i will credit Ole with the brains not to try to be quite so flamboyant against far superior opposition because you don't run before you can walk.  He doesn't have the pace in central defense to cover behind the wing backs when playing top drawer sides.  Thats where his team build will probably start.

• Like 1

Utd off again.

That goal was actually very like OGS's winner in the '99 CL final. 

Corner whipped in, glancing header at the near post, right foot stab in at the back post.

Surprised none of the commentators have mentioned it.

• Like 1

I like it, new manager (and his new managing team) are doing that they said - giving everyone a chance, it is always a pleasure to see the team playing football together and not apart - yes there is a long way to go but for me it is forward after many months of backward