The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

How do you feel about the possibility of being the only team in Liverpool playing Premiership football next season ??? 

Do you want the blue half to be relegated ????

Personally, i would love them to go down - I hope you put 6 past them today - At least ????

Firmino the only major doubt for tomorrow as things stand although Tsimikas missed team training as well.

Curtis Jones and Tsimikas missed the Villareal game thru' illness (not covid). Hope it doesn't spread with Newcastle Saturday lunchtime,????

Edited by wilai
update

LFC 2 - 0 Villareal. Straight forward victory at Anfield. Deflected effort from Hendo and a nicely taken poke from Mane were responsible. Pressed and pressured the spaniards throughout and although It took 50 mins to break through their obdurate defence. the result was never in doubt. Alisson didn't have a save to make such was our control. Hopefully he has a similarly quiet night in the away leg next week.

Good individual performances throughout with our midfield in total control. My MoM  goes to Thiago with Fab not far behind..

FRYPyHcXsAEgvwG?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Bloody Hell.....Considering Newcastle's recent form, we are certainly taking a risk with our starting line up! Salah, Fab, Thiago and TAA all on the bench!

Origi not in squad with non covid illness. That's at least three with the bug this week. Could a few of the those on the bench have suffered from it as well?

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, wilai said:

Bloody Hell.....Considering Newcastle's recent form, we are certainly taking a risk with our starting line up! Salah, Fab, Thiago and TAA all on the bench!

Origi not in squad with non covid illness. That's at least three with the bug this week. Could a few of the those on the bench have suffered from it as well?

Klopp gets a new contract and loses his mind! This is a "Pep move".:smile:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wilai said:

we are certainly taking a risk with our starting line up!

I needn't have worried????...Outplayed an in form Newcastle in all areas of the pitch. Only criticism is that we should have scored a few more. Started brightly and a great tackle by Jimmy Milner helped set up Naby for a beautifully taken goal. From then on, although it was only a slender lead, it was one we never looked like relinquishing. A good all round team performance with Keita and Joe Gomez standing out for me..........Keeping the pressure on Citeh!????

Nice little dig by JK at TV coverage after the game "Villareal playing at 1pm?....They must have BT over there as well"????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilai said:

Nice little dig by JK at TV coverage after the game "Villareal playing at 1pm?....They must have BT over there as well"????

Isn't that kind of defeating his own point though? I thought he was complaining that only in England we have these small gaps between midweek and weekend matches because of TV schedules?

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Isn't that kind of defeating his own point though? I thought he was complaining that only in England we have these small gaps between midweek and weekend matches because of TV schedules?

Yep. He was being ironic. But imo more down to Villareal being a small club than anything else. Wouldn't have happened with Madrid/Barca etc

Congrats to Fabio Carvalho who scored and assisted in Fulham's 7-0 victory over Luton, clinching the Championship. See you next season in red lad????

Well done also to Harry Wilson and Neco Williams who were integral parts of the successful Fulham side.

• Like 1

After an abysmal first half, normal service resumed following the break and the introduction of Diaz. A 2-0 deficit on the night was swiftly turned into a 3-2 victory (5-2 agg), goals coming from Fab, Diaz himself and Mane. A poor showing from their keeper (nutmegged for the first two and at fault for the third) helped of course but the performance was much better all round. Diaz was the star of the show though. What a buy he is proving to be. There were those (one in particular on this forum) who thought he might struggle coming from the Portuguese league....how wrong they were.

Anyway, off to Paris we go. ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

After an abysmal first half, normal service resumed following the break and the introduction of Diaz. A 2-0 deficit on the night was swiftly turned into a 3-2 victory (5-2 agg), goals coming from Fab, Diaz himself and Mane. A poor showing from their keeper (nutmegged for the first two and at fault for the third) helped of course but the performance was much better all round. Diaz was the star of the show though. What a buy he is proving to be. There were those (one in particular on this forum) who thought he might struggle coming from the Portuguese league....how wrong they were.

That Diaz lad is already a top notch footballer. There ain't much he does wrong.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

That Diaz lad is already a top notch footballer. There ain't much he does wrong.

His impact has been incredible, we knew he was good, we knew our recruitment team generally get it right. We could never have imagined the impact he has had, massive role in this push for trophies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Bring it on...the Spirit of '81????

FR8pDvCXwAg4eV1?format=jpg&name=small

That was the only other time a top tier English club has played ever single game on offer in a season, the stars are aligned. 

• Like 1

What a time to be a Red, late 70's when I started watching football as a kid and this is the greatest team I've ever witnessed. 

Jurgen Klopp will go down in club history along side Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish. When he came in the club was all over the place behind the scenes, in the sheds, on the field, and in the stands. 

What he has managed to do on all those fronts in a relatively short period of time is nothing short of incredible. 

And as he says, "this is only the beginning" 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:24 PM, wilai said:

I really didn't fancy City in the final, if we lose to Madrid it's easier to swallow. 

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

That was the only other time a top tier English club has played ever single game on offer in a season, the stars are aligned. 

How so? Spurs beat City in the FA Cup final.

6 minutes ago, champers said:

How so? Spurs beat City in the FA Cup final.

Actually there are more clubs who have played every game available (Jose 54 matches), but I think this is the most in a season.

Not sure about the above though

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Actually there are more clubs who have played every game available (Jose 54 matches), but I think this is the most in a season.

Not sure about the above though

Ricky Villa final.

Might 2001 count? Cup treble though only the UEFA cup rather than Champs Lge.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1