Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Never like to lose any game, but at least we go through and never really looked like losing by two. Martinez's super strike apart, Inter never looked like getting past our defence, (don't think they had a shot after their goal). We didn't play well but were always in control and a bit unfortunate not to win after hitting the woodwork three times. Overall MoM for me was Inter's Vidal who seemed to be everywhere, but for us, TAA and VVD were both up there. A home defeat is not good, but job was done with relative ease.

Certainly less confident about Salah staying than I was a few days ago. I want him to stay, but I suppose if PSG pay 200m then plenty of cash to rebuild similar to when we sold Coutinho. To me it seems like his agent and the club are not getting on so well.????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wilai said:

Covid in the camp but no new injuries. If I had to guess I would say VVD, Thigo and Konate could be the ones affected as they missed training yesterday????

LFC at full strength v Brighton Only Konate missing from squad. Thiago, Jota and Bobby F on bench.

Another 3 points.???? Didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to easily turn over a struggling Brighton side. Sterner tests are to come. We started slowly as usual but soon controlled the game with Keita's energy in midfield to the fore. Matip was our star defender with a great assist for the first goal thrown in for good measure. Mane led the line well and Alisson pulled off a great instinctive save when called upon.

The star was Diaz though. He showed great pace and bravery to beat Sanchez for the first goal and tormented Brighton throughout both with his skills and effort when chasing back. How Sanchez stayed on the pitch after his 'assault' is completely beyond me. At least Diaz escaped serious injury in the collision.  Salah went off with a knock which is a concern...he says he is fine but he would say that as he hates missing games. Personally, I think he will be doubtful for the Arsenal game so Mane could switch to the right with Jota/Bobby coming in if needed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

Another 3 points.???? Didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to easily turn over a struggling Brighton side. Sterner tests are to come. We started slowly as usual but soon controlled the game with Keita's energy in midfield to the fore. Matip was our star defender with a great assist for the first goal thrown in for good measure. Mane led the line well and Alisson pulled off a great instinctive save when called upon.

The star was Diaz though. He showed great pace and bravery to beat Sanchez for the first goal and tormented Brighton throughout both with his skills and effort when chasing back. How Sanchez stayed on the pitch after his 'assault' is completely beyond me. At least Diaz escaped serious injury in the collision.  Salah went off with a knock which is a concern...he says he is fine but he would say that as he hates missing games. Personally, I think he will be doubtful for the Arsenal game so Mane could switch to the right with Jota/Bobby coming in if needed.

Diaz looks to be a real jewel, and yeah, I figured that was a sure red card. Keepers get away with murder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilai said:

The star was Diaz though. He showed great pace and bravery to beat Sanchez for the first goal and tormented Brighton throughout both with his skills and effort when chasing back. How Sanchez stayed on the pitch after his 'assault' is completely beyond me. At least Diaz escaped serious injury in the collision. 

IMO, their goalie should have been sent off for that reckless challenge on the first goal. However, after that I found he was diving at every challenge. Needs to stay up on his feet a bit more

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

after that I found he was diving at every challenge. Needs to stay up on his feet a bit more

Sorry bud but that is rubbish. He is not a diver. He runs with the ball at pace so he will get his fair share of free kicks but accusing  him of 'diving at every challenge'? Take of your City specs mate.????

Just watched MotD who did a mini focus on him during yesterday's game. Not a SINGLE dive. You sure you watched the right game?

Edited by wilai
update
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Sorry bud but that is rubbish. He is not a diver. He runs with the ball at pace so he will get his fair share of free kicks but accusing  him of 'diving at every challenge'? Take of your City specs mate.????

Just watched MotD who did a mini focus on him during yesterday's game. Not a SINGLE dive. You sure you watched the right game?

Every time I looked up he seemed to be on the deck

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He didn't, just blindly following the narrative, it's very chic these days ????

To be honest, I haven't as yet seen the narrative on Diaz 'the diver' Think this is all Mr BJ's own work.????

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, RedArmy said:

The Droogi boys will be out in force.

We'll see tonight. Juventus away is at 22:00. On beIN Sports 1 Thailand and also BT Sport 1.  Will be a tough game for the kids.

9 hours ago, wilai said:

Salah missed training on Monday. Konate was training so appears over his covid.

JK reckons Salah will train today. Hopefully OK! for Arsenal tomorrow night. Milner and Tsimikas both ill (Covid?)

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

We'll see tonight. Juventus away is at 22:00. On beIN Sports 1 Thailand and also BT Sport 1.  Will be a tough game for the kids.

I might watch that actually before the big boyz play - Saw your under 18"s were 4-1 up against United the other day before we came back for a 5-5 draw.

27 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Saw your under 18"s were 4-1 up against United the other day

Thought we only lost the two goal lead, 4-2 and 5-3 but I could be wrong.  Most annoying thing was one of our exes scored a couple for you (Ethan Ennis). At least we seem to be in goalscoring form as the next age group up scored seven the same day v Spurs

Interesting comment from JK regarding Palace v Citeh game. Stated he watched 'exactly' 65 minutes only for analysis purposes.  The 65th minute was when Palace's Michael Olise was subbed off. Co-incidence or a freudian slip?????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Thought we only lost the two goal lead, 4-2 and 5-3 but I could be wrong.  Most annoying thing was one of our exes scored a couple for you (Ethan Ennis). At least we seem to be in goalscoring form as the next age group up scored seven the same day v Spurs

No, i watched the highlights - You were defo 4- 1 up - Ennis was unlucky not to score a hattrick - Your number 7 on the right wing looks quality - We nearly nicked a winner at the death.

18 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

No, i watched the highlights - You were defo 4- 1 up - Ennis was unlucky not to score a hattrick - Your number 7 on the right wing looks quality - We nearly nicked a winner at the death.

Cheers. Think you're talking about Harvey Blair. Looks a talent. Hope he plays tonight, but we do have older players who meet the criteria so he may be kept on the bench.

Nope....didn't even make the bench????

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. I didn't think for second you 2 scousers wouldn't stick together and keep the red tinted's on.

???? As opposed to the blue tinted goggles you have. Still waiting for details of all the examples you noticed btw. 

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

???? As opposed to the blue tinted goggles you have. Still waiting for details of all the examples you noticed btw. 

Do you seriously think I'm gonna watch a re-run of Liverpool noting every time he went on his butt? I made an observation that's all

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

2-0 Juventus - Full time score.

Yep....could have been more. Strange team selection with our most exciting wingers not in squad and a right back playing up front!(There is covid in the camp so that may have been  a reason?) Didn't create a worthwhile chance. Very disappointing performance.

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you seriously think I'm gonna watch a re-run of Liverpool noting every time he went on his butt? I made an observation that's all

That's ok Booojy boy, here's condensed 5 mins...of every bit of Luis vs Brighton ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

That's ok Booojy boy, here's condensed 5 mins...of every bit of Luis vs Brighton ????

5 minutes is all his contribution, including several replays of various incidents. So, what about 4 minutes max in the whole game.

I didn't realise he went down that often when I first saw it. At 2 minutes, 2 mins 46 and 3 mins 36. I also missed the bit at 4 mins 22 where he attempted to get his own back on the goalie. My initial observation stands and TBH, stands even firmer. Thanks for that Bobster ????