The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

39 minutes ago, champers said:

Ricky Villa final.

Might 2001 count? Cup treble though only the UEFA cup rather than Champs Lge.

Yeah true, how could I forget. I was flying in to Manchester from Bangkok after my first taste of Thailand, having to watch the match in Manchester, which meant obviously in silence ????

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I really didn't fancy City in the final, if we lose to Madrid it's easier to swallow. 

Personally, I didn't mind which of them got through but there always seems a better atmosphere when teams from two countries are involved so in that respect I am pleased. And as Mo says "We have a score to settle".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilai said:

I hope and pray that we win the CL Final......one big reason being that it should reduce the trolling of the LFC thread by the Manure hobgoblins currently residing under Man City's bridge????

Bunch of losers aren't they

• Like 2

Full squad spotted training following Villarreal game????

Allocated just less than 20,000 tickets for the CL Final (approx 20% of capacity)????

Edited by wilai
update

21 hours ago, champers said:

Spurs beat City in the FA Cup final.

21 hours ago, champers said:

Ricky Villa final.

I was there at Wembley Stadium for that Thursday night Reply - Was a fantastic match.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, wilai said:

I hope and pray that we win the CL Final......one big reason being that it should reduce the trolling of the LFC thread by the Manure hobgoblins currently residing under Man City's bridge????

I think you're missing the point. I can't see much point in trolling you if you lose as you've already won 6 of them. The point of the trolling (didn't it used to just be called mickey taking?) is that City have still to win one. So it's fair game. 

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So it's fair game. 

Would be if name calling  'SHOUTING' and use of <deleted> words were not used so regularly (not that you were the main culprit') Taking the mickey is one thing, being abusive is completely different.

Anyway, I am pleased that, irrespective of any result, it won't be coming from you on here. Thanks????

• Like 1

Ah well....two dropped points at Anfield. Although our pressure was incessant, our final ball let us down allied to great defending from the Spurs defence. Nobody played badly but the blocks put in by the Spurs CB's were outstanding (don't think I've ever seen so many in a single game). We could only get past them once and they protected Lloris for the rest of the game. For me, the MoM should be split between the three of them.

Now we need City to mess up 'big time' .....but there is always hope in our hearts????

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently Bayern been sniffing round Mane

Or not....as the case may be.????

Christian Falk

@cfbayern·

14h

NOT TRUE is that Bayern is working on a Transfer of Sadio Mané. The Player was no topic in the Talks between Salihamidzic and Bezemer of Mané‘s agency „ROOF“ at Mallorca on Friday

17 minutes ago, wilai said:

Or not....as the case may be.????

Christian Falk

@cfbayern·

14h

NOT TRUE is that Bayern is working on a Transfer of Sadio Mané. The Player was no topic in the Talks between Salihamidzic and Bezemer of Mané‘s agency „ROOF“ at Mallorca on Friday

Yeah maybe but Sky were reporting it. He still hasn't signed a new deal at Liverpool though has he?

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah maybe but Sky were reporting it. He still hasn't signed a new deal at Liverpool though has he?

Barca want him as well allegedly. Contract talks are planned for the end of the season is what I'd heard 

Had to come from behind yet again but this time we managed it without too much fuss thanks to goals from Matip and Mane. Decent game to watch as Villa certainly didn't lie down. Couple of changes to our XI with cup final on the horizon. Diaz on the right (I prefer him on the left) in place of Salah. Mane was MoM for me and only downside was what looked like a hamstring injury for Fab. Have to wait for a scan but he must be a big doubt for the weekend.????

Anyway, the 'fat lady' ain't singing just yet????

• Like 1

Very similar to the League Cup victory  with both teams missing decent chances but our lads eventually prevailing in the shoot out. Diaz was once again tremendous, tormenting James/Chalobah with his skill and pace so gets MoM from me. TAA shone both attacking and defensively and Alisson was his usual unflustered self saving the crucial penalty in the shoot out. Konate dealt with Lukaku's physicality easily (only a 22 year old btw) and looks set for a great career.

Only blips were injuries to Salah and VVD but both seem to think they'll recover in time for Champions League if not before.  It's been a fantastic journey this season and it's not stopped yet????????

FSvlNX3WUAAC3F6?format=jpg&name=small

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Charity Shield is scheduled for 31st July against City. Venue not yet decided but Leicester's ground appears favourite at the moment (bit bloody small!) Definitely won't be at Wembley.

Villa's bigger than Leicester. Or they could do OT, St James or Stadium of light but these numpties would probably choose Gigg Lane and not realise it hasn't been used for a couple of years

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Villa's bigger than Leicester. Or they could do OT, St James or Stadium of light but these numpties would probably choose Gigg Lane and not realise it hasn't been used for a couple of years

Villa is a possibility. No idea why Leicester is favoured.

Scans not required as yet for Mo and VVD which is good news for the CL. I do expect a lot of changes from Saturday tomorrow night though. Fabinho progressing well but not available at the moment.