The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

A god, controlled performance from the 'second string' players( 9 changes from FA Cup) as we beat Southampton 2-1 at their place to keep the pressure on City. Went a goal down early doors (again!) but once the lesser spotted Minamino smashed in the equalizer, the result never looked in doubt. Joel Matip got the winner halfway through the second half. New defence? not a problem for young Konate who gets my MoM. Bobby F also did well and looks fully fit again. Only downer was a knock to Gomez who left the ground on crutches, wearing a protective boot. Hope it's not too serious.

• Like 1

Mo, Fab and VVD all seem available for selection on Sunday. Gomez news was positive although he will e getting a second scan  No other injuries afaik. Origi on his way to AC pending a medical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Origi on his way to AC pending a medical.

A few years ago I worked in the sports data industry. The company did a lot of work with betting companies and teams etc. 

I went to a conference (I think Soccerex?) where our CEO gave a seminar almost entirely on Origi, explaining how he was essentially a player that according to the data was absolutely world class, but was at the very least very good value. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

but was at the very least very good value. 

We certainly got great value. He will get a great reception on Sunday, whether he plays or not. Good luck to him in Italy.????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Just wanted to confirm that if you do beat Madrid you won't do anything silly like calling it a 'treble'.

Cant have a Treble without the Premiership trophy ????

images.jpeg-76.jpg

• Like 1

Ah well. We (eventually) did our bit but unfortunately Villa couldn't hold out. Another poor start left us a goal down early doors leaving  yet another mountain to climb. Mane made sure we weren't behind for too long following a superb pass from the again impressive Thiago. Not the best of performances from a few of the lads. The CB's had their worst game for a while and both full backs pushed a little too high, the absence of Fabinho leaving the defence exposed at times. However, late goals from Mo and Robbo saw us home.

Most worrying was the sight of my MoM Thiago leaving the field on 45 mins. Needs a scan but at this stage he looks doubtful for the Champions League Final. We'll miss him. But good to see Mo ending his mini 'drought' just in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Well done for finishing second Jurgen

Yep....Quite an achievement given: 

Transfer outlay over the past decade: Man City: £1.5b (net spend £842m) Liverpool: £965m (net spend £297m) 

Don't forget, two cups in the bag and the Champs League Final to come. Not a bad year for the fella????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Don't forget, two cups in the bag and the Champs League Final to come. Not a bad year for the fella????

The clue is in the title. Premier League Manager of the Year. Not taking anything away from Klipperty, he's a top drawer manager but if the award isn't about winning the PL, then you could also argue Eddy Howe and what he has achieved is right up there. A few others spring to mind as well.

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The clue is in the title. Premier League Manager of the Year. Not taking anything away from Klipperty, he's a top drawer manager but if the award isn't about winning the PL, then you could also argue Eddy Howe and what he has achieved is right up there. A few others spring to mind as well.

Same methodology as used with KDB's player award.....He got more votes....end of story????

• Haha 1

Salah was top goalscorer and top assister in the PL yet didn't win the award. Pep won the League and didn't get the award. Not saying I agree with the methodology but we are stuck with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Well done for finishing second Jurgen

I think Jurgen gets it for making it a contest, and managing to do it when there is such a disparity in spends compared to the likes of City, United.....Everton ????

Without Jurgen the EPL is another Bundesliga, or the Uber Eats Ligue 1

• Like 1

During the CL press conference, Mo stated he will still be at Anfield next season. Didn't give anything away about signing a new contract though,

Thiago could be back training tomorrow so there are still hopes he will be available for the Final. Fabinho trained today

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

And your point is?????

He's a Liverpool fan who had flares at Liverpool matches and this is the Liverpool thread. Hopefully more of these idiots from all clubs will get the same. Yes, I include any City fans 

1 hour ago, wilai said:

You must be bored today bud picking up stories like that????

I don't go hunting for them, They pop up in my feed. However, the one in my feed was Manchester Evening News, so I posted the Echo version so you would believe it ????

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't go hunting for them, They pop up in my feed. However, the one in my feed was Manchester Evening News, so I posted the Echo version so you would believe it ????

Of no interest to me so no need to post any other random stories mate.. Ta.