The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Is it harsh to say that Henderson might be out of his depth against this Madrid midfield?

Trust me when I say it's not nice to have to play your club captain as a sympathy vote!

Very harsh! He would be in my starting XI. Who would you have instead?.....Just because he isn't a 'box office' player doesn't mean he is a weak link. He can play in any midfield position and as Thiago/Fabs are recovering from knocks, he may well be needed in any of the  positions come Saturday.

He has taken undeserved flack in the past from a few know nothings but for me he remains an integral and important member of our team. Sympathy vote???....Like I said. Who would you pick instead?

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Very harsh! He would be in my starting XI. Who would you have instead?.....Just because he isn't a 'box office' player doesn't mean he is a weak link. He can play in any midfield position and as Thiago/Fabs are recovering from knocks, he may well be needed in any of the  positions come Saturday.

He has taken undeserved flack in the past from a few know nothings but for me he remains an integral and important member of our team. Sympathy vote???....Like I said. Who would you pick instead?

Fabinho Keita and Thiago I would have thought. Fitness permitting.

Like I said I think you have a chance. If VVD can mark Benzema out of the game it could be his finest hour.

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fabinho Keita and Thiago I would have thought. Fitness permitting.

Like I said I think you have a chance. If VVD can mark Benzema out of the game it could be his finest hour.

Last time we played RM, Kroos and Modric were ruining Keita (subbed b4 half time) so I disagree. We need to stop them pinging balls through to Vinicius jr so he cannot either cause damage himself or cross to Benzema. Hendo is a more reliable choice and he can also help cover for TAA when we attack If Thiago can't make it then Keita will probably come in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He has to say that otherwise he'll have a million scousers on his back.

If he hadn't moved to Madrid he'd be another washed up spice boy. 

He wouldn't have anyone on his back. Don't know any Liverpool fans who are bothered about McManaman.
And yeah pretty obviously he would have been a washed up spice boy. But he went to Madrid and won loads of cups. So? 

22 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

He wouldn't have anyone on his back. Don't know any Liverpool fans who are bothered about McManaman.
And yeah pretty obviously he would have been a washed up spice boy. But he went to Madrid and won loads of cups. So? 

When given this type of question it's a complete no-no to go against the team from your home town. I'm not knocking him for it. Just how it is. 

56 minutes ago, wilai said:

All players trained at Stade de France last night.

I wonder will they be selling beer inside ??

The last time i saw United play Lille at the Stade de France, everyone was drinking non alcoholic lager as this was the only thing available.

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

When given this type of question it's a complete no-no to go against the team from your home town. I'm not knocking him for it. Just how it is. 

It's really not. Especially when he's a bluenose. I don't think (m)any reds think of him as one of us.  

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Couple of suggestion/advertising posts removed as they were not relevant nor useful to the question at this time.

If not relevant or useful, then why did the person who asked the original question, like my post & say thanks for my very helpful reply ???

Or is this yet another case of "My name is in red & I'm the boss" 

Ps: Hope you get well & truly <deleted> tonight.

Just a poor cup side(2 cups where their opposition rested their players), a free run to the final of the European Cup Final  - even with the ref' giving them anything in the final. Won't be missed  .. ????

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

If not relevant or useful, then why did the person who asked the original question, like my post & say thanks for my very helpful reply ???

Post was not relevant or useful as the question was.....Where is the match being shown in Thailand. The app you referred to was not available and therefore useless. Please only offer this or similar apps when they are actually available....Cheers.

• Haha 1

We tried everything and were on top for large parts of the game but it was not to be. Mainly due to inspirational keeping from Courtois who was easily MoM. For us, Konate stood out and at only 22, will grow into a fantastic centre back. Disgraceful scenes outside the ground both before and after the game. NOT the fault of the fans despite UEFA's protestations but that of the organisers and police. 

Still, it's been a hell of a ride this season, almost all of it thoroughly enjoyable. YNWA

As today is the 29th May, lets stop for a moment & remember English football's forgotten tragedy - Heysel 1985, where 39 football fans went to watch their beloved football team, never to return home - RIP ????

Screenshot_20210415-123821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.863bb7b3929b5776f209fde58ca1735b.jpg