The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Very possibly your best ever post????

Can't remember son....was years ago, when the 'theft' occurred, but I doubt it was 4-4-2. More likely was from dads with lads from the Academy but anyway, I wasn't having a moan, just relaying the story and as we hadother prospects anyway it wasn't a big deal....... At least we didn't ban the kid from playing unlike your bitter shower.

As for Dickie Lexia....I doubt 3-2 calls you a mate but my nick is Wilai (not Wilia) and, for future reference when you next qualify, the acronym for the Union of European Football Associations is UEFA...and not EUFA.:thumbsup:

Impressed, you CAN post more than 5 words. And i love the calling me "son" bit, kin hell. 

Still waiting for the day though when i see you post something meaningful and poignant rather than your usual snipes. 

1. So you never saw Paul Moulden play did you. Very talented player, a Robbie Fowler type in front of goal, but sadly the broken leg in his first season in City's first team did for him. Just so you know.

2. Paul Moulden "poached" his own son. What a stupid statement. Maybe City poached Louie Moulden (werent we cleared of Liverpool's  accusation by Premier League investigation?) but Paul Moulden didn't 'poach' his own son. Dad and son are Boltonians. Dad went through City's youth system to first team. It's most likely, though i don't  know, that Moulden's kids are City fans. Dad may have influenced son but son was probably keen to join his dad's old club. Plus our academy facilities are second to none. 

Anyway thanks for your contribution wilia.

91 points, I can't believe it. 

Current top 2 goal scorers are our wingers

Our Goalie has now kept 20 clean sheets, top 5 ever in EPL

Our fullback has the most assists of any defender in a season, and his mate on the other side is now in the top 5

What a football team.

What a manager, to do what he has done in the time he has been at the club is incredible. 

Barcelona will be shiitting themselves. 

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

91 points, I can't believe it. 

Current top 2 goal scorers are our wingers

Our Goalie has now kept 20 clean sheets, top 5 ever in EPL

Our fullback has the most assists of any defender in a season, and his mate on the other side is now in the top 5

What a football team.

What a manager, to do what he has done in the time he has been at the club is incredible. 

Barcelona will be shiitting themselves. 

It's been very impressive Bob. I think people (myself included) have been surprised by how good liverpool have been but expected you to fizzle out but you look the real deal and could end the season with one or two trophies.

Just shows what you can do when you spend 270 million on 5 players.

This is why i believe Spurs, with a better squad over the past 4 years or so than Liverpool, could have invested in their squad and be challenging for trophies. Winning trophies brings in more revenue, can invest in better players, can win more trophies, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's been very impressive Bob. I think people (myself included) have been surprised by how good liverpool have been but expected you to fizzle out but you look the real deal and could end the season with one or two trophies.

This is why i believe Spurs, with a better squad over the past 4 years or so than Liverpool, could have invested in their squad and be challenging for trophies. Winning trophies brings in more revenue, can invest in better players, can win more trophies, etc. 

Not helped your CL hunt has it?

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just goes to show that selling players and buying the right ones can help you when starting from scratch, can help you compete with an already successful team that has spent 450M more net than you in 3 seasons. 

It shows that our manager can turn an 8M playing in to the best in the league. It shows you how our manager has been able to turn our club from a selling, 4th spot chasing club in to a European elite competitor again in 3 seasons. It shows you how our manager has taken us on a journey to multiple finals and now title contenders. Every other team in the league cannot compete with Abu Dhabi, but we are managing it, earning points that would have won us the league in 117 of 119 leagues in history. 

A proper story, not a plastic one. 

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

To think that millimetres could be different at the end of the season.

Stones' clearance & Aguero's goal

Burnley also did a similar goal line clearance from a Jesus shot Bob, coupled with a stonewall penalty not given to us. We were also bombarding them until we scored. We would have carried on if we hadn't scored that one.

IF we do win, the real difference would have been down to our head-to-head. If you'd have won 4 points from our 2 games instead of us you'd have been well clear now.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

To think that millimetres could be different at the end of the season.

Stones' clearance & Aguero's goal,

D5QuOewXoAEOsDS.jpg-large.jpeg

Milimetres or metres, what's the difference as it's either in or it's not in.

Many factors over a 38 game season. These two stick most in my memory of what could be the difference at the end of the season.

3161.jpg

images (5).jpeg

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Burnley also did a similar goal line clearance from a Jesus shot Bob, coupled with a stonewall penalty not given to us. We were also bombarding them until we scored. We would have carried on if we hadn't scored that one.

IF we do win, the real difference would have been down to our head-to-head. If you'd have won 4 points from our 2 games instead of us you'd have been well clear now.

Yeah ok I could list loads of events throughout a season, but it wasn't my point. It's an interesting analogy of how close the season has been and the difference being minimal. 

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Milimetres or metres, what's the difference as it's either in or it's not in.

Many factors over a 38 game season. These two stick most in my memory of what could be the difference at the end of the season.

3161.jpg

images (5).jpeg

missing the point, as mentioned in reply to jangles.

Even you own official twitter account mentioned it. 

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You really can't complain over 38 games...the league never lies in the end.

This is why the fourth place fiasco is happening because they are all poop.

who is complaining?

• Like 1

Liverpool will win the Premier league title and champions league this season. 

Leceister City will take a point from the Man City game.

I also agree that Barca are having anal disturbances. 

If all this comes to pass the beers on me and the bookies take a good hiding. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Impressed, you CAN post more than 5 words. And i love the calling me "son" bit, kin hell. 

Still waiting for the day though when i see you post something meaningful and poignant rather than your usual snipes. 

1. So you never saw Paul Moulden play did you. Very talented player, a Robbie Fowler type in front of goal, but sadly the broken leg in his first season in City's first team did for him. Just so you know.

2. Paul Moulden "poached" his own son. What a stupid statement. Maybe City poached Louie Moulden (werent we cleared of Liverpool's  accusation by Premier League investigation?) but Paul Moulden didn't 'poach' his own son. Dad and son are Boltonians. Dad went through City's youth system to first team. It's most likely, though i don't  know, that Moulden's kids are City fans. Dad may have influenced son but son was probably keen to join his dad's old club. Plus our academy facilities are second to none. 

Anyway thanks for your contribution wilia.

How about they are Bolton fans, cos they're from Bolton?

On 4/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, BangrakBob said:

Watching Barca here, shithouse until the Messiah came on. Contain that <deleted> and we'll bone these <deleted>

Take one for the team and put him in the front row of seats. Leaves the ground on a stretcher.

2 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Liverpool will win the Premier league title and champions league this season. 

Leceister City will take a point from the Man City game.

I also agree that Barca are having anal disturbances. 

If all this comes to pass the beers on me and the bookies take a good hiding. 

Something like this?

Barcelona 1-2 Liverpool

Tottenham 1-2 Ajax

Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool

Man City 2-2 Leicester City

Liverpool 2-0 Barcelona (4-1)

Ajax 3-1 Tottenham (5-2)

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves

Brighton 0-2 Man City

CL Final - Ajax 0-2 Liverpool

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Something like this?