UK PM May's government loses contempt vote over Brexit legal advice

webfact

15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I don’t.

Although I really enjoy travelling around Europe as a British citizen.

Nor I. Even though when I was working in the EU when I was asked by people where I was from I always replied that I was British and there was NO animosity apart from when I worked in Paris. Outside Paris in rural France was another story and they didn't care where I came from.

Most rural French people I met and talked to kept saying that Paris is not France, though they like to think so.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, oilinki said:

Yes, I understand that you want to control the people. You want to control the European people who are productive to your country, just like Thailand does.

However you fail to understand that the people who actually are productive and wish to improve your country, have minds of their own and don't wish to be treated as mindless herd of sheeps, like Thailand does. 

You also fail to understand that these people who have moved to their new home country wish to feel that their new home country is their real home. They wish to feel to be part of the society and be productive part of the society. We all want that. 

When you take away their basic security to exists in your country, bad things tend to happen. 

The best skilled people will move to another country as they can do so. Some can't due family and other reasons.

The lesser skilled workers might hold on and keep on working. But guess what happens to their motivation to improve the country they are living in. When the people feel unwelcome by the natives, the working people no longer care what happens to the country. The ground has been poisoned. Xenophilia won.

You did this. Your attitude did this. After few years, don't complain how bad things are as you are responsible of the future what UK had become. 

There was an article that Thailand had become the most unequal country in the world. UK have still goals ahead. Give it all to the richest 0.1% of people. 

Question directly to our 74 years old member @billd766

Why did you left one of your contempt marks to this post?

56630486_Screenshot2018-12-0818_44_50.png.98a5a83f964b11230113edf5b5264f3c.png

As I still think you are a thinking person. I'm so wondering what kind of legacy you wish to pass forward to the future generations and why. 

I really can not understand the way you think. Do you simply wish total destruction, like some of the nutters in the USA?

Who you really are and what are your real values?

6 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Perhaps you live in a country that is not over-populated, that is a net benefactor of the EU, and where there is still a good standard of living.  Alas, none of this applies to the UK, so leaving the EU is more an act of desperation than anything else you want to imply.

Maybe you'd think much the same if the situation was reversed.  UK is in a bit of a mess.  Personally, I think leaving the EU was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but you can understand why it's happened, because the present system does not allow an individual country to put the brakes on EU migration, even though there may be good grounds to do so.

On the point of EU workers in the UK: yes maybe some settle in the UK. However, how many merely spend as little as possible and send their money back home?  That's not good for the UK economy.  It would be much better if UK workers were employed, though it seems they are unable or unwilling to do as much.

All this notwithstanding, the UK has a massive job to do in restructuring its economy, whether in or out of the EU.

Several points here

1) There are controls available to us. We don't use them. We already have absolute control of non EU immigration; it's rocketing! Why?

2) I'm glad you agree that Brexit was a protest vote. We have the worst inequality in the EU. Our government's fault.

Did you sea the MD of Motorbility has resigned? GBP 1.7M salary! A Quango! This is why we have no money. Too many obscene salaries. I include vice chancellors in that.

3) Very high population density should enable new control levers. Good for us and Netherlands for example

4) The more I listen to our politicians, the more dishonourable they are. See Question Time. That Labour Woman Chakrabati is a terrible example. None of them REALLY act in the best interests of their constituents. The Scot that called May a liar is good. 

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Question directly to our 74 years old member @billd766

Why did you left one of your contempt marks to this post?

56630486_Screenshot2018-12-0818_44_50.png.98a5a83f964b11230113edf5b5264f3c.png

As I still think you are a thinking person. I'm so wondering what kind of legacy you wish to pass forward to the future generations and why. 

I really can not understand the way you think. Do you simply wish total destruction, like some of the nutters in the USA?

Who you really are and what are your real values?

If you really want to know, I liked a lot of your earlier posts but for the last month or so you seem to have lost the plot and the argument and your posts are more like rants than posts.

You ramble on without addressing the subject and TBH most of your posts are not worth reading any more.

You keep on about the wonderful EU and how it has done so much but you live in Thailand. Why are you not living in the EU and supporting it from there, pay taxes like all good citizens do?

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you really want to know, I liked a lot of your earlier posts but for the last month or so you seem to have lost the plot and the argument and your posts are more like rants than posts.

You ramble on without addressing the subject and TBH most of your posts are not worth reading any more.

You keep on about the wonderful EU and how it has done so much but you live in Thailand. Why are you not living in the EU and supporting it from there, pay taxes like all good citizens do?

A few on 'ere need similar critique Bill????

6 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Then leave it at that.  Do you honestly think that the vast majority of Brits are as you portray them to be.  Most Brits are easy going, and tolerant, and not so different from your own country.  Does yours really have no faults by the way?

Sadly, perhaps, Brits want out.  It really is a question merely of how much they want out, because the desired independence is coming with a big price.  Why add your insults to a difficult situation?  Like you say- no skin off your nose!

Sorry your infantile notion of the UK has been shattered.  Do you think you can get over it?

I don't think it is infantile. A little overblown but not far off. I'm appalled at how low the UK has sunk in so many ways. We used to command respect everywhere. Now? Nowhere.

Sometimes here I speak a bit of German in case someone thinks I'm English! How embarrassing is that. We've become 2% massively wealthy and 98% underclass. It's our fault; nor the EU.

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

My point was more directed at lower paid jobs needing to be supplemented by benefits - a ridiculous situation!

But otherwise, I agree.

Yes, ridiculous indeed. Just supplements miserly employers. Minimum wage should be calculated differently. 60% of mean income for the area. Maybe guaranteed income for all? Let the robots do the work.

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

Most Brits are easy going and fun people to talk with. I fully agree with that. 

Currently the Great Britain is showing the middle finger towards Europeans (we are the EU). Do you agree with that?

I am incredibly disappointed what UK has become or perhaps what it has been all along over decades. I had no idea how much hatred there really was towards our EU and therefore Europeans. 

On personal note, I don't mind being called as childish. I actually cherish it. It's one way how I try to keep my brain young and flexible to learn new ideas ????

Ha! You may be childish but they are churlish!

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

What a laugh..the eu giving back to UK farmers a small fraction of the money that the UK gives to corrupt fraudulent brussels.
Get your facts right re financial handouts!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So we have all this grief so you can have control of 0.4% of our GDP

Do the maths. Someone. Anyone?

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

UK has constantly said lesser people by saying that the people from EU countries should have less rights than the people who were born in British grounds. 

How is that not saying, you folks are lesser people than we are?

EU tries to get rid of these limitations, which our governments created. 

Finland needs more work force at the moment. Don't feel afraid when you see this. It's just a typical day in Finland.De3tzRt.jpg.6063f75fe17dd1b6e30f8102e50e555a.jpg

True enough! Every hotel ROOM  I stayed in Finland had a private Sauna. (not all with blonde bird sadly)

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

True enough! Every hotel ROOM  I stayed in Finland had a private Sauna. (not all with blonde bird sadly)

hmmm,

have only been to 1 hotel i Helsinki with private sauna, but stayed there several times

but,

more often than not I took overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki,

top notch cabin with sauna and balcony - enjoyable

blonde bird ebb though

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

First, why the fruck you talk like British politician?

Could you say that same in plane English?

48 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What? You better tell me the names of these places which didn't provide the blondies. I'll make sure theirs managers will be shot. / vlad 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Finally, Finally you are there to be reached!

What I really want is to live in peace. That's what I really want.

I want to place my stone on to the ground and yell to the world, this is my stone. 

I want to do that in Portugal or in Croatia. I want to say, this is my land and there is nobody who can take it away from me.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, billd766 said:

You don't have to spend a year working in a country. I was paying tax in France after 4 months, Germany was after 3 months, Thailand after a couple of months, Pakistan I was paying a withholding tax after 2 months.

You really ought to travel more and live in other countries than your beloved EU.

FYI I don't really give a rats horlicks whether you believe me or not?

I  have no problem believing that you are well traveled person. I'm like you, well traveled person.

I do however have problem with the numbers you presented earlier. 

I thought, having seen the world, would humble some of us explorers.

The UK needs to monitor all labour records. If tax returns don't show that someone is at least making minimum wage, say GBP 15k per annum they should be kicked out. Problem is, we don't monitor immigrants. Most countries do. Just who's in, who's, out and who's gaol will do. Easy. Automatic.
Yes and as I've said before, bringing into effect such laws would be a good start no doubt, and i share your frustrations that British politicians for whatever reasons haven't done so, but in truth, once you let people in, it's a devil's own job keeping track of them and come on, really, let's get serious, this notion of just "kicking people out" if they aren't pulling their weight, we all know that the process of deporting someone is extremely complicated and costly, and if you have seen some of the outrageous cases in which it has proved impossible to remove certain low-lifes, what possible chance is there to remove someone for the crime of not making minimum wage? It's just not going to happen. You either control people before they come in or you open the door, wave them in and accept they'll do as they please.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Yes and as I've said before, bringing into effect such laws would be a good start no doubt, and i share your frustrations that British politicians for whatever reasons haven't done so, but in truth, once you let people in, it's a devil's own job keeping track of them and come on, really, let's get serious, this notion of just "kicking people out" if they aren't pulling their weight, we all know that the process of deporting someone is extremely complicated and costly, and if you have seen some of the outrageous cases in which it has proved impossible to remove certain low-lifes, what possible chance is there to remove someone for the crime of not making minimum wage? It's just not going to happen. You either control people before they come in or you open the door, wave them in and accept they'll do as they please.

So your contribution to this forum is to copy texts from other sources? How original of you!

16 minutes ago, rixalex said:

I doubt you have travelled much and certainly not worked in many countries

26 minutes ago, adammike said:

I don't do maths I just quote actual numbers and percentages,as usual brexiteers try to blame everybody but themselves for the cluster and refuse to accept their responsibilities and ownership.

But that is the whole point, you quote cherry picked numbers. Tell the full story.

I guess the only questions are: What kind of Brexit some people want?

Is it true that most of the people simply wish to go on with their lives as it is.

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Is it true that most of the people simply wish to go on with their lives as it is.

I guess most people want the life that they had prior to 2008. It's a pipe dream- in or out of the EU the economical model we all hitched is failing.  No growth, or insipid growth, is about what can be expected at best.  And the GDP figures they come out with don't apply to ordinary folk at all- many millions are getting progressively poorer.

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

A few on 'ere need similar critique Bill????

It is not a critique as such, but a few weeks ago oilinki used to make posts that made common sense but now he seems to have the urge to answer every post that he can, but he keeps churning out the same old responses as though he is going for a maximum number of posts irrespective of content.

Slow down oilinki, read the post, think if you really need to answer it or have you answered it before, and if you have then let it go.

If you have something new to add then by all means add it.

We know that you think the EU is the bee's knees, we know that you like individual Brits because you keep telling us, we know that you want the UK to leave the EU, so do we but we don't need reminding every other post what you think and you want. 

You have told us that many times.

30 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Yes but none of the possible brexits is going to give you that. Whichever one happens there will be years of chaos and uncertainty after.

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

First, why the fruck you talk like British politician?

Could you say that same in plane English?

That is plain English.

I can explain it to you (which I did) but I cannot understand it for you.

I don't talk like an English politician. I speak as I see and read.

You asked me a question and I answered it.

If you cannot understand it perhaps it is because English is not your first language.

I am sorry but as I have never been to Finland I have never bothered to learn the language, so you will have to accept English which is the lingua franca of TVF or do a copy and paste, and translate it into Thai which is the other language acceptable on the forum.

Archived