UK PM May's government loses contempt vote over Brexit legal advice

webfact

34 minutes ago, rixalex said:

1) Bringing it down to zero would be totally immoral, not to mention stupid, that's why.

2) Partly the fault of the government. There are things that COULD be done. At the end of the day though, there is no getting away from the open door policy, that comes with being in the EU. I simply don't believe in it. I believe in properly controlled immigration, and by that i mean you check them before they come in, not after. It's really not that radical an idea you know.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your government policy is to get sub 100,000 per annum. Why is non EU migration so high? You yourself admit that most of these culturally diverse people do not come to work! They are a drain on our services and are social benefit scroungers !!!!!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, oilinki said:

If I have counted correctly, by now you ow me about 7 large beers. I can't wait to finally meet you.. and then forget that we ever met! ????

Yes, UK can be swamped with people outside of EU. It's already happening if the released statistics are correct. 

I wonder should we start learning Tagalog as it's going to be one of the major languages in the UK in the future. 

pinais speak English

its a choice really, hire them or leave the ailing/older part of the UK population without care

the heaps of physicians in Russia, Ukr and Kaz generally do not speak English,

but they ain't stupid and can learn quickly

Your government policy is to get sub 100,000 per annum. Why is non EU migration so high? You yourself admit that most of these culturally diverse people do not come to work! They are a drain on our services and are social benefit scroungers !!!!!
As are most of the eastern europeans in the UK

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

41 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Nothing personal about it. Ollinki's comments about Britain and British people are a matter of public record on this forum. If you haven't picked up on the resentment, bitterness and anger in many of his posts then it's either a reading comprehension issue or some sort of denial syndrome at play. See what your textbook says I guess.

I'm not sure if this even warrants a reply. I guess not a real one. So be it, silly boy. 

35 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Nothing personal about it. Ollinki's comments about Britain and British people are a matter of public record on this forum. If you haven't picked up on the resentment, bitterness and anger in many of his posts then it's either a reading comprehension issue or some sort of denial syndrome at play. See what your textbook says I guess.

not objecting to or protesting what you say

just want to add some elements for your consideration;

+ command of the English language, less than good command may lead to texts that

are not precisely in line with what you try to express/convey

(say I with my sloppy English)

+ style of debate / selection of words/phrases - varies quite a lot between countries

+ sarcasm - endless source of problems on forums - even between native E speakers

add a foreigner, more problems

+ same goes for jokes/humor

+ in my world it is not uncommon to use some harsh words just to provoke debate

oh oh

after all this I need a wee nip

5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

not objecting to or protesting what you say

just want to add some elements for your consideration;

+ command of the English language, less than good command may lead to texts that

are not precisely in line with what you try to express/convey

(say I with my sloppy English)

+ style of debate / selection of words/phrases - varies quite a lot between countries

+ sarcasm - endless source of problems on forums - even between native E speakers

add a foreigner, more problems

+ same goes for jokes/humor

+ in my world it is not uncommon to use some harsh words just to provoke debate

oh oh

after all this I need a wee nip

Thank you my Norwegian friend, who owns me 7 beers, which costs in Norway about 1200 USD?

Command of English.

Let it sink in, what Command of English means for the people of UK and for the rest of the world. 

Whenever we talk in these forums, we always should know that we really do not make any difference whatsoever. What we do here is, we learn from each other. We learn from each other's cultures, how they might think. That's all.

For the fun of these discussions, yes, we have fights about issues. During those fights we can learn a lot more of the inner, hidden thoughts, what other people really think. Provocation is a tool for digging in to others minds. I do it all the time. 

For the fun of it, we can have a spectacular forum fight on Thaivisa. It means absolutely nothing, unless we learn something from our opponents. 

What makes this forum interesting is the fact that here we are, people around the world, talking about various issues. We all represent some ideologies of our core identities. 

To get access to those core identities and the ways what, how and why people think they do, is the grand prize of all discussions. 

38 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

pinais speak English

its a choice really, hire them or leave the ailing/older part of the UK population without care

Filipino nurses do speak English and therefore they are in roll for employment. Not only in UK, but in all western countries. We all are able to communicate with each other in English these days. 

There seems to be a global need for nurses. If only there were a good way to invite them to our countries.. wait, better salaries and improved security of their future? Well, that might do it. 

Just had an MP on now. Says he's honoured to represent the VIEWS of his constituents. My god, even MPs don't understand their job. He needs to represent the BEST INTERESTS of his constituents! ????

He could be replaced with a few lines of BASIC.

7 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

not 1200 US

about 2400 baht in proper pubs

In Finland we tend to think and joke about how expensive a can of beer in Norway must be in these days. 

Should we ever meet, I would prefer to get beers from 7-11, sit next to it, watch the life flow by and talk philosophically how we think. 

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

In Finland we tend to think and joke about how expensive a can of beer in Norway must be in these days. 

Should we ever meet, I would prefer to get beers from 7-11, sit next to it, watch the life flow by and talk philosophically how we think. 

No vodka? No knives? What is happening in Finland?

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

finnishstereotypestitle.jpg.471cc87bd39d7c311655cd01a851d026.jpg

Don't worry. We don't really think you to be one of them. 

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

plenty of Koskenkorva, not many knives though

perhaps way up north, the sami guys, they use knives

re outside 7/11 , matches my style - comfortable with that

anyway, or at any rate as we say in yorkshire,

Helsinki University, high rise building downtown, been there many times for nordic research meetings

first floor the building sported a huge Alko, large government booze store

could ot resist,

each day after meeting - had to buy smth from Alko, sitting outside enjoying it

15 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

plenty of Koskenkorva, not many knives though

perhaps way up north, the sami guys, they use knives

re outside 7/11 , matches my style - comfortable with that

anyway, or at any rate as we say in yorkshire,

Helsinki University, high rise building downtown, been there many times for nordic research meetings

first floor the building sported a huge Alko, large government booze store

could ot resist,

each day after meeting - had to buy smth from Alko, sitting outside enjoying it

The life lessons I have learned is that I have always been able to trust my scandinavian friends. When I was traveling through Europe, who did I trusted the most? The Nordic people, even if I didn't knew them personally.

Why? We simply shared the common background together. 

Later on I have learned to trust the people in Colombia, Singapore and here in Thailand. Only because I have learned these cultures and the people who have shown to be trustworthy. 

Wherever we visit, we find people who are worthy of our trust. We learn to filter the bad from the good, but it takes a bit time. 

On 12/5/2018 at 4:33 AM, vogie said:

Spin it as much as you like chomper, the majority of the British Electorate voted for brexit, I know you are not big on democrasy, what suits chomp, but I agree with you on the lies.

IMG_20181202_181530.jpg

You may spin and deny but the Tory party and all those who voted leave are responsible for the cluster.You own Brexit all of you who voted leave.P.S the majority of the British electorate did not vote leave 37% of the electorate voted leave

6 minutes ago, adammike said:

You may spin and deny but the Tory party and all those who voted leave are responsible for the cluster.You own Brexit all of you who voted leave.P.S the majority of the British electorate did not vote leave 37% of the electorate voted leave

foggy islands are in a sorry state

just incredible that people cannot take in that the referendum concluded with a majority for leave

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

pinais speak English

Pinais can bring their families over as well - quite a few work in the local branch of my Selco and their kids and we are robbing a developing country of much needed health care workers, They are all good sorts though.

9 hours ago, adammike said:

Maths has never been the remainers strong point has it.????????????

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

But not now. Most immigration is not EU. I am advised that these interesting people do not come for work

Interesting information concerning migration to the UK from European Union (EU) member countries (2017) https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/eu-migration-to-and-from-the-uk/  :

• The number of EU-born migrants living in the UK stood at 3.7 million;
  • There were 3.8 million EU citizens living in the UK, including children born here;
  • 8.5% of the workforce in the UK was born in an EU country (2.4 million);
  • EU migrants have higher employment rates than the UK born: 81% vs 75%;
  • 1,686,000 or 45% of the EU born were from EU-14 countries that joined the EU before 2004 (Figure below)

EU1.JPG.05071ad162a4a9985db37bc05096f3c4.JPG

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

So why do we fail to control immigration??

Failure of politicians plays a big part but as things stand, even with the best politicians in the world, having an open door to 27 other nations makes controlled immigration impossible regardless.

11 hours ago, oilinki said:

Are you able to understand the concept of personal pride and identity? 

I certainly have that, so does every other EU person. We all have personal pride and identity.

When we do not feel welcome to a country, which previously was a welcoming country and said (by the general people's voice) "Hey, welcome here and welcome to improve our country and be part of our society", that was welcoming message. 

Currently the message is "Go away, unless you make this much of money, you are no longer welcome here."

There is quite an change for people who are both professionals and want to have the freedom to change jobs. If you change your jobs and take few months vacation, you might not fulfill the bureaucratic requirements what UK requires. Then what? Get out of the country. 

Having a good life is having a freedom to live and make one's own decisions. Having a good life, no matter how professional one is, is not becoming a squirrel running rounds in  bureaucratic wheel what UK's post brexit rules require. 

Would I choose freedom in the EU or becoming a squirrel in UK? It's not really that difficult choice at all. 

The message from the leavers and Brexiteers has been consistently that we want to have CONTROLLED borders, not CLOSED borders, and that we want to treat all immigrants equally in how we vet them. It's not that complicated, and if it makes EU people feel unwelcome, sorry but how do they think non EU people have been feeling the last 15 or so years as they get subjected to testing whereas EU people don't. Why is it EU people are happy with a system that treats immigrants so differently? How would EU people feel if they had to be tested to come to Britain while non EU people could walk in freely? THEN they might have real justification for feeling not welcome.

58 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Failure of politicians plays a big part but as things stand, even with the best politicians in the world, having an open door to 27 other nations makes controlled immigration impossible regardless.

You continue to miss the point. 

41 minutes ago, rixalex said:

The message from the leavers and Brexiteers has been consistently that we want to have CONTROLLED borders, not CLOSED borders, and that we want to treat all immigrants equally in how we vet them. It's not that complicated, and if it makes EU people feel unwelcome, sorry but how do they think non EU people have been feeling the last 15 or so years as they get subjected to testing whereas EU people don't. Why is it EU people are happy with a system that treats immigrants so differently? How would EU people feel if they had to be tested to come to Britain while non EU people could walk in freely? THEN they might have real justification for feeling not welcome.

Where are you from? Somalia?

It's already been shown that most EU migrants come to work and are a net economic benefit.

EU immigration is dropping like a stone under the twin levers of a collapsing pound and English nasty xenophobia.

And that's without us applying ANY of several controls available to us.

Amber Rudd has just stated that EU immigration  is no longer an issue and thus she proposes Norway plus.

Now, please drop your nonsense 

Archived