I visited Chiangmai Immigration today - retirement

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why on earth would members give this a LIKE. Geezus OP you could condense this to a paragraph. Perhaps your bored to relate tale of zillion words. Challenge~ list facts in point form. Leave out io outfits and attitudes, that will save few hundred words. Just relate facts that assist members doing an extension. 

I will tel you why it was well written and informative not like your negative coments it was refreshing to have a post with a positive message, posters like you are the reason people tend not to post or read Thai Visa all you want to do is complain.

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

Turning up so early that it's still dark? Bugger that!

Glad I don't live there......

I turn up at around 2 pm for all business and rarely have to wait more that 30 minutes in Phuket.

Too right, going all that way on my little bike in the dark with all the drunks driving around! I too think arriving later works better, well for Jomtiem which is usually very efficient. Not last week sadly as there has been a retirement ext, panic rush and a lot of tourists.  I still can not conceive that some actually hang around in some IO (or worse, out in front of one) for periods like 5 or more hours! Unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Yes, and yes. Thanks.

Do you, or someone else, know how late you can arrive and still manage to get a queue number for the retirement extension?

I arrived on a Tuesday at 1pm and was in and out in under an hour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

Cut the lad a bit of slack, he's just staving off boredom, there's beggar-all else to do in Chiang Mai. Actually, what he's getting all orgasmic about, is perfectly normal at Pattaya immigration.

Except that the retirement extension is still a two-day exercise in Jomtien.:sad:

• Haha 1

Walking out with the "visa" on the same day??

My extension of stay based on marriage has a 2 week waiting period (usually including a home visit by IO's) and on the day of application is stamped with a "come back and see us again on such and such a date"

Obviously different from a retirement extension??

Edited by orchidfan
mis-spelling

Goodness, the amount of  herded masochist farang cattle in this country. 

Thailand immigration is great, Thailand immigration is great and by the way did I tell you that despite all the fines, fee's, and hoops I have to jump through how great it is! Oh yes and one more Thailand immigration is so great.

Meanwhile in Chachoengsao a guy I know that has been working here for 4 years no problems went to renew his visa to work another year and they straight up told him that it's time for him to leave despite nothing changing and him doing nothing wrong. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why on earth would members give this a LIKE. Geezus OP you could condense this to a paragraph. P

Maybe he did just for you knowing your impatient. I enjoyed the read that gave all the details. He could’ve said went to Immigration handed them passport and papers and off I went..... then what? 

Bustin your balls because you needed it after yiu woke up grumpy 

cheers enjoy the day

Edited by DJ54
Had correct you that I hit wrong key didn’t want to talke too much time. Didn’t want someone to get their panties in a wad for too long of a reply to post. Krup
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Bundooman said:

I steadfastly refused to use an agency because of what it represented

It represents doing things the Thai way. Nothing more. That’s how this country operates. You should know that after 14 years of being here. 

It amazes me how many of you choose to do things the hard way here. It’s no wonder so many of you struggle with visas and immigration.

Going to stand in a line at 4am.... ????????????

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why did you bother to respond to it then? You could have read the first few lines and then skipped over the rest.

I do that quite often. I enjoyed reading the post even though I don't live in CM or use the Office there.

Granted my words were harsh could of been far more polite. However look at the times of posts. The OP was about 23hrs ago. My reply was FIRST some 11 hours ago. The thread had a few views and zero replies for 11 hours. Daytime hours. It certainly got a bump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1