SEMI-FINAL ROUND FOR POSTER OF THE YEAR

Scott

Semi-final round POTY  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, NancyL said:

Yes, it's like trying to cheer for the entrants in a stationary bike race.  Wish we could change our votes at will just to keep it interesting and mess with the contestants minds.

Congrats in advance for that long awaited eighth dot ....

I'm not really sure what's going on here. I've just been on a thread that showed Marco, Oddy, and Andy D well placed. Now they are not even in any of the three groups.

Surely their votes were enough to see them through.

When does the final start?

You were lucky to find that thread, the majority haven’t been able to !! [emoji51]

Actually it was a mistake, when the nominees were put into groups someone ( no names mentioned eh Scott ) forgot to turn over the page and 14 nominees were missed and instead of adding them to this thread they were banished to POTY Part 2 thread which was hidden in the depths of TVF .

I’m not bitter because I know I’m an “ also ran “ but some of the others in the Part 2 thread stood a chance ( of coming 2nd obviously [emoji849] ).

Anyway all is good because I’ve just had an email from TVF boss “ El Queso grande “ that all nominees in Part 2 will receive a free dot !! [emoji851]
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyway all is good because I’ve just had an email from TVF boss “ El Queso grande “ that all nominees in Part 2 will receive a free dot !! emoji851.png

What is this 'dot' stuff Andy D? It's in so many POTY posts but I can't suss it out.

Well POTY is pretty tame this year....Noooo skeletons in the closet it seems..????

Or are folk waiting for the finals...

Has the final started yet..? I have been busy, hospital tomorrow for a couple of days too...But don't worry Colin...You will have gold dots...????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In your profile under your name are a number of black dots , when you achieve a certain number of posts then you get another dot added up to a maximum of 8 .
I see you have 6 , same as me.

It’s a bit of a pointless exercise and posters sarcastically post that dots are a status symbol and therefore want more , just something to joke about while we sit around waiting for the grim reaper !!

No, the wife.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In your profile under your name are a number of black dots , when you achieve a certain number of posts then you get another dot added up to a maximum of 8 .
I see you have 6 , same as me.

It’s a bit of a pointless exercise and posters sarcastically post that dots are a status symbol and therefore want more , just something to joke about while we sit around waiting for the grim reaper !!

OK,,, got it! 

And who gives out the dots, and how can a member get more? Are they an automatic award?

I've not been suspended or banned, but have been warned a couple of time and had many posts taken down (although not in the joke section). Would this work against me?

Concerned in Isaan.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

Well POTY is pretty tame this year....Noooo skeletons in the closet it seems..????

Or are folk waiting for the finals...

Has the final started yet..? I have been busy, hospital tomorrow for a couple of days too...But don't worry Colin...You will have gold dots...????

Agree with you Trans, bit tame, there are 1or 2 members who could dish the dirt on me, but thankfully they are quiet.????????

34 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

OK,,, got it! 

And who gives out the dots, and how can a member get more? Are they an automatic award?

I've not been suspended or banned, but have been warned a couple of time and had many posts taken down (although not in the joke section). Would this work against me?

Concerned in Isaan.

I lost a dot..

I can categorically assure you that the mod who did it will not be mentioned in my will-my property consists of 2 bamboo charpoys,one broken down Scoopy and a dazzling variety of wheelchairs and crutches.So he lost out big time.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I lost a dot..

I can categorically assure you that the mod who did it will not be mentioned in my will-my property consists of 2 bamboo charpoys,one broken down Scoopy and a dazzling variety of wheelchairs and crutches.So he lost out big time.

How devastating for you Ody. In fairness to the mods; they could have taken away my dots, and until you informed me about them, I wouldn't have noticed.

In next year's POTY (2019), I'm gonna give all three of my votes to just one person (a Pattaya bar-girl told me about the future rule changes and she says she got the info from a mod*). So there we have it. Going by the votes in so far (363) it looks like it's Colin's trophy and 100k prize.

Anyway; good luck in next year's POTY competition (2019) Ody.

* pillow talk

Edited by owl sees all
pillow talk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Although, I've got to admit there's not much going on with the Chiang Mai forum these days ever since Big Joke rode into town, took one look at the chaos that was CM Immigration, had a news conference or two, tossed some local administrators down to Bangkok and somehow the place is running like a smoothly oiled machine now, without the addition of any new personnel.  Just proves what I've been saying for years that they were deliberately "working to rule" and throttling the thru-put to push us all to using visa agents, but they don't give out tiaras for being right about Immigration corruption -- quite the contrary.

We in Chiang Mai have lost our major conversation topic, sadly.  And the place has gotten too large for a meaningful pizza or burger thread.

Never mind Nancy, there'll soon be weed cafes sprouting up as the nation goes green!!!!

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

What is this 'dot' stuff Andy D? It's in so many POTY posts but I can't suss it out.

Our esteemed commentator  Geronimo is the guy to speak to on the dots issue Owl .. He knows the value of them and how one might increase one's dot count and possibly even where black market ones may be found and had .. though given the value attached to them they probably won't come cheap under the counter .. 

Our esteemed commentator  Geronimo is the guy to speak to on the dots issue Owl .. He knows the value of them and how one might increase one's dot count and possibly even where black market ones may be found and had .. though given the value attached to them they probably won't come cheap under the counter .. 

Dots can be acquired, if you have both money and political clout. Of which I have neither.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1