Chinese tourist numbers increase following visa fee exemption

rooster59

Just now, Just1Voice said:

These idiots in Thailand don't seem to understand that people make their holiday travel plans MONTHS in advance, and not a sudden spur of the moment decision because of the exemption of a visa fee.  But TIT will grab at anything they think they can make sound good.  It really is sad to see grown people (supposedly) to constantly make such fools of themselves.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

although the growth is still negative, the Tourism and Sports Ministry reported.

If the "growth is still negative" (meaning visitor numbers are factually FALLING),  how the heck was TAT able to celebrate the RECORD 10 millionth Chinese visitor a few days ago? Every information that comes out of TAT seems to be totally contradictory and ought to be regarded with suspicion.

Either the country has just received a record number of Chinese tourists this year (in which case the growth CANNOT BE negative), or the growth IS negative (in which case receiving a record number of visitors is IMPOSSIBLE). It cannot be both. Jesus Christ! 

• Like 2

According to the headline Chinese tourist numbers have increased.

According to the article they're down 14% on the same time time last year.

So, they've increased from last month. Has there ever been a year when November tourist numbers haven't been larger than October numbers.

As for the overall 4.54% increase overall on last year I somehow wonder if they have changed the methodology of calculating arrival numbers as everybody in the tourist business seems to believe numbers are the lowest for some time.

This such a great news !!! I'm so happy for Thailand !!!

Just a little question : where does the TAT hide the millions of tourists ??? 

I'm living in Jomtien, it's supposingly high season, just 3 days before Xmas. Yesterday evening 10 pm Jomtien was empty...let's be honnest, less than 3 weeks ago but absolutely nobody in restaurants, beach bars massage shoos and other entertainment sites. Some little crowd in the pure thai cheap restaurants/night market, but you can easily park around, no traffic jam. In fact everywhere more staff than customers.

I went to an Indian restaurant where I'm used to go for years now, normally at that moment of the season you must book in advance if you want to have a chance to get a table. Yesterday night, 15 patrons only and the owner told me he was very pessimistic for the weeks to come...

But if the TAT believes in its own biased figures, I'm happy. They deserve what they get but I'm wory for the thai workers who highly depend of the high season success to survive, they are not trusting TAT BS at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manhood said:

With all these "tourist, stories" it's like a competition of who lies the best! Thailand hub of lies!!!!

It is called face.

Thailand has oodles of face.

But lacks honour.

TAT officials try to give themselves face, everybody knows their fabrications are rather beside the truth, nobody but the farang will say so because then you take away face.

And that is a nono.

Edited by hansnl

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

These idiots in Thailand don't seem to understand that people make their holiday travel plans MONTHS in advance, and not a sudden spur of the moment decision because of the exemption of a visa fee.  But TIT and they will grab at anything they think they can make sound good.  It really is sad to see grown people (supposedly) to constantly make such fools of themselves.

Sad? I find it amusing.