When do you say, "Enough is enough?"

If I'm forced to buy a Thai health insurance policy for 40k/400k THB coverage that I don't need, or if I'm force to purchase out-patient coverage in addition to the inpatient coverage I already have that is at least 20 times more than Thai the mandated Thai inpatient coverage (and I don't need that out-patient coverage as I can easily cover the expenses myself) - then I'll say, "Enough!"  it will be time to leave.
So who's forcing you ,is that a prerequisite to get a visa ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is expected to become a pre-requisite for O-A visa in future. Not mentioned for extensions of stay.
Hmm I hope so, I will be on my 3rd extension in Feb even though I only spend 6 months of the year here in 2 X 3 Months duration , I take out travellers insurance in Oz , hopefully that will suffice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anythingleft? said:

So surely that would be one of the first loopholes to be abused when possible and ultimately reviewed and amended?.... I just dont see it stopping at the first thinking and will roll out to all long stay scenarios after the initial format has been ironed out...

That may be the case. However, those making the decisions on immigration matters are not the same as those making decisions on visas. The more sympathetic senior officials will not want to create a major immediate problem for a significant number of elderly retirees who have been 20 years in Thailand but could not reasonably get insurance. The rules for extensions may not change. Time will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

So surely that would be one of the first loopholes to be abused when possible and ultimately reviewed and amended?.... I just dont see it stopping at the first thinking and will roll out to all long stay scenarios after the initial format has been ironed out...

Insurance can be required for long term but not long stay. Requiring insurance for long stay and not long term would not make sense.  It is better for TI that long stay do not require insurance.

Edited by farangx

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

It's only a proposal. We don't know anything about the formulation, whether/when it will be implemented and who it will affect.

How about waiting for that before jumping up and down?

jumping to conclusions and then suppositions and then.and then....... is about all the exercise many of our esteemed members get 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Surely someone affected by this would have to make the decision not to come to Thailand before applying for the OA visa? Anyone already here is not affected.

I wonder how this would work with future non O/A applicants when it came to the time of applying for extensions. If they're processed on the same basis as existing extensions which don't require proof of insurance, what's to stop someone taking out a policy for the purposes of obtaining the initial visa, and then allowing it to lapse once they're in the country? 

Edited by lamyai3

Don't want to "fight" anymore,

tired, lazy, old.

I promised my wife yesterday ( Christmas Eve ) I will use all what is possible in Thailand, to be able to stay here.

This include bribery if necessary.

So no enough is enough for me.

Not particularly proud of it.

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I wonder how this would work with future non O/A applicants when it came to the time of applying for extensions. If they're processed on the same basis as existing extensions which don't require proof of insurance, what's to stop someone taking out a policy for the purposes of obtaining the initial visa, and then allowing it to lapse once they're in the country? 

That's it, if this becomes a regulation then people will find ways to get around it.

This subject has been discussed in this closed topic where I posted a link to the insurance for a Non-OX visa.

It was closed after after topic was posted in the news.

No need for another topic discussing the same thing.

This topic :mfr_closed1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1