Patong beach road to close for New Year party

webfact

Patong beach road to close for New Year party

By The Phuket News

1545880947_1-org.jpg

Top US DJ duo ’Breathe Carolina’ will be playing at the Patong Beach Countdown 2019 New Year party. Photo: Syndicate Nation / Twitter

PHUKET: The Patong beach road will close for one hour as Phuket’s party town ushers in the New Year 2019, police have confirmed.

Thaweewong Rd will be closed from 11:30pm to 12:30am, Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee told The Phuket News.

During the hour, Thaweewong Rd will be closed to traffic from Prachanukroh Rd at the southern end of the beach, near the Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort, to Hatpatong Rd, near Loma Park.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-beach-road-to-close-for-new-year-party-69813.php#DaHzDDKAsy2qB2cD.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-27

Or to be precise; the road will be closed between 23.30 hours to 00.30 hours (though for the life of me why anyone would want to be driving/riding up beach rd just before the bewitching hour or anywhere near it is beyond me) either stay home with the Mrs or get in a good bar with your mates beers in hand and ready to roll! 

On 12/28/2018 at 2:19 AM, Hummin said:

Patong is the craziest place I have been new year, hands down. It is a war zone! Bring your safety gear. 

Yep, full of drunks, idiots and fat bellied older geezers spraying everyone with foam and plastic string, causing the occasional fight by those who object, so perhaps dinner out and get out of the mainstream in a bar somewhere away from the maelstrom............or out tonight with friends to celebrate under my terms!!

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yep, full of drunks, idiots and fat bellied older geezers spraying everyone with foam and plastic string, causing the occasional fight by those who object, so perhaps dinner out and get out of the mainstream in a bar somewhere away from the maelstrom............or out tonight with friends to celebrate under my terms!!

I ment Patong beach at new year eve, but patong itself is crowded, and not especially a good place to relax around new year. Been there, done that

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1