Hot : NACC finds Prawit innocent in relation to luxury watches

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

Still haven't announced who the mysterious deceased billionaire is or was and his relatives should any exist look like never getting the borrowed watches back !

For your info, the 'other paper' names him as a certain 'Patthawat Suksriwrong'.

Does the name ring a bell for anyone, as having studied at St Gabriel's College together with the frog, and wealthy enough to have like a million USD. of watches, ...to lend out to 'good' friends...?

Ever wonder why there is no outstanding Thai on the world stage ? Because there is not a single bone of integrity in their bodies. I wonder if there will come a day when an upright and honest thai politician rise above this quagmire political landscape ? A sad day indeed. 

Some will invoke the example of Khun Anand Panyarachun the subject of a recent lengthy and turgid biography which I have actually read.Despite the author’s efforts it doesn’t really make a convincing case its subject was much more than a competent bureaucrat - and a rather indifferent one (the usual Thai problem of equivocation and avoidance of hard decisions )if the opinions of his international colleagues at the UN are to believed.

Still he is an intelligent, honest and civilised human being which can hardly be said of other Thai PMs in the last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

NACC chairman Pol Gen Watcharaphol Prasarnratchakit recused himself from the case and didn’t attend the meeting of the commission today on the grounds that he was seen as having a close relationship with General Prawit.

He took no part in the actual voting which went 5 - 3.

3 agreed the evidence available was not sufficient and suggested that more evidence should be collected.

Very dodgy!  Verdict annulled?

Oh, silly me!

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

... But the sheer in-your-face arrogance and chutzpah of the whole thing beggars belief...

What truly beggars belief is anyone with a semblance of appreciation of how things work here, thinking for one nanosecond that somehow there would be a different ending to this sideshow?

I won't comment on the "sheer in-your-face arrogance and chutzpah" of foreigners that perpetually chose to voice their righteous indignation and some sort of holier than thou attitude either.

Now, I am sure that a few of the usual TV vagrants, gadflies and guttersnipes will be along shortly to throw out that relatively new but fatally dated chestnut about my virtue signalling (again).

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Thai social media is bursting with negativity and mockery of Prawit’s innocence. This will definitely hurt the pro junta parties election chances. Sweet karma. 

Sorry to disagree Eric.

This announcement has been timed perfectly. By the time the election is held most Thais will have forgotten about the Prawit watch scandal.

By my reckoning there will be, at least, three new scandals or national security threats (real or invented) to capture their attention before the (fixed) election.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, z42 said:

The NACC think by pulling this outrageous BS stunt that they've pacified the issue, I think that WHEN this whole business is actually proved to be a cover up (that no rational person could argue) that some serious repurcussions will ensue.

Eradication of corruption efforts under the NACC from here on in (under any circumstances / on any sides) will have absolutely no merit whatsoever. They've completely shattered whatever reputation they might have had after this. It's just so pathetic and wrong. Utterly shameful

This was evident when they flat out refused to handle the Suthep-abisit case, where a civilian government used the army to handle a demonstration. They are in someone's pocket. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Sorry to disagree Eric.

This announcement has been timed perfectly. By the time the election is held most Thais will have forgotten about the Prawit watch scandal.

By my reckoning there will be, at least, three new scandals or national security threats (real or invented) to capture their attention before the (fixed) election.

You underestimate the Thai, rest assured the watch man will never loose his stigma. 

• Like 2