Hot : NACC finds Prawit innocent in relation to luxury watches

snoop1130

No surprise at all - decisions like this separate a banana republic from a civilized nation adhering to the rule of law.
I suggest to hold a yearly award ceremony selecting the most corrupt in a fun show for all to watch! A packed venue with thousands of corrupt from every government agency and the private sector. Millions of lesser corrupt who did not make it into the finals cheering their favorite corrupt on live tv - and for a special twist this year includes the “anti corruption commission”!!!
Never a shortage of nominees - awarded not with oscars - but bananas!
And the banana goes to .....the best thing is the winners can not even loose face - they never had any to begin with.
Fatty can wear his borrowed watches without embarrassing himself and gets a life time achievement banana! And when the ceremony is over the guest of honor- the PM can through his banana - which he is awarded automatically because of his position - at the attending journalists !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well you got to hand it to Ole Fatty and cronies, in other countries there are comedies/ comedians to entertain the public, here the clowns are in government.

Anybody in need of a dose of laughter, just tune in to the goings on at government house, priceless comedy.

Not just Thailand - look at the US, an even bigger clown in charge  :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I echo the many comments here about this being a farce. We all predicted this result and as such demonstrates what I have said and continue to say that the junta will do what it wants, when and how it likes and there is no to stop them. Well, I mean...that's Junta is all about...fill their own pockets and s*d the rest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public scrutiny intensified because Prawit is part of the coup-installed regime that had pledged to combat corruption.

Yes, and not surprisingly, given Prawit's form and his 'spend-now-pay-later' approach to Junta military procurement, this finding by the much discredited NACC only serves to drag the entire NCPO deeper into the corruption mire. That it has taken the best part of a year for the NACC to come to the simple - but the world believes suspect - verdict that (A) the watches were borrowed from a friend who, it was said, died recently, and (B) the watches were still in this friend's house when the NACC went-a-calling, will be like adding yet another fuse to this time bomb of frustration and anger that must be growing within the Thai population. Rich or poor, there must be only so much that a Thai, with any degree of pride in his nation and heritage, can take - a groundswell of feeling that is made graphically clear by one of my recent reads, 'Thailand's Corruption Time Bomb', whose author, Huw Jones, paints a frighteningly clear picture as to how Thailand has risen to the top of the world's most corrupt countries chart.

If I was Prayuth, Porky - or the NACC for that matter - I'd be looking for ways to make the next two months as innocent-looking as possible for the NCPO, not the opposite, as this NACC verdict has served to do . . . and as its popularity as a posting topic makes only too clear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

With such impeccable integrity he will surely qualify for "Person of the Year"! Maybe he will enter the monkhood to endorse that integrity.

Time  will  tell .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well you got to hand it to Ole Fatty and cronies, in other countries there are comedies/ comedians to entertain the public, here the clowns are in government.

Anybody in need of a dose of laughter, just tune in to the goings on at government house, priceless comedy.

Plenty of clowns in other governments. Today the clowns in the UK have protested about likening MPs to clowns as it gives the clowns a bad name ????

• Haha 2