New Year road toll appears to be good news

snoop1130

SHAME SHAME SHAME , How embarrassing in the eyes of the world , 5,000 caught for Drink Driving , 410 fatalities oh Good news!!!

The Minister should resign with these Statistics and Introduction of  Booze busses which  should be in Operation 365 days per year to catch these scumbags who  cause accidents and maim poor innocent people minding there own business.

Impound every Vehicle of a Convicted Drink Driver for the time of the Court penalty 1st offence. 2nd Offence Impound the vehicle then Crush the vehicle, 3rd offence 5 years Daily Community Service.

That may fix the problem other than Educate offenders which will never happen as long as my Arse points to the ground!! 

• Like 1

Road toll is good news <deleted> they are pleased with the fact less accidents don't worry about the other bit more deaths, there is no deterrent for drink driving, drugs, and speeding pointless taking there license so many don't have one, wake up Thailand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anupong spouting off about additional measures will be discussed.... Absolute BS.

Discuss all you like, it wont make the slightest bit of difference.

410 deaths that is SHOCKING, 1 death is 1 too many, yet these morons think 410 is acceptable, words fail me.

Who cares if the deaths are all Thais!  

Most have a teenage daughter

knocked up from a worthless boyfriend who has no education, 

no job, and no money, to replace the one that got killed!

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not about 410 dead Somchais; consider how many families and companies are affected, how much hardship is brought to thousands by sheer ignorance of .... those dead.

You want to bring this figure down - seriously - then you have to strictly enforce the law. Confiscate all vehicles and keep them at the point of confiscation for two weeks. Then get the one caught in person to collect the car against a payment of B 10K, for every day late charge another B 500. This on cases between 0.5 - 1.0 o%. Exceeding 1.0 o% double the fee and keep the drunk fellow in custody for 48 hours. 

Wonder if this would not work; would bring in millions of Baht which could be used to pay for the three submarines this country so urgently needed ???? 

• Like 1

Until the police get off their fat backsides, get out of their cozy tents in these ridiculous roadblocks, and get themselves on the road to enforce traffic laws, then nothing will change.  But of course that means the police having to work!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anupong spouting off about additional measures will be discussed.... Absolute BS.

Discuss all you like, it wont make the slightest bit of difference.

410 deaths that is SHOCKING, 1 death is 1 too many, yet these morons think 410 is acceptable, words fail me.

Words don't fail me Colin. This is Thailand. Most Thais do not have the brains for any education, your'e wife and mine being exceptions, you can see it all around you and not just on the roads. You could never educate most Thais in how to use the roads in a million years.

Crushing the cars and motorbikes of the drunk driving morons is the only way the road fatalities will decrease, and we all know that will never happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, masuk said:

Yes, but in the UK, as in Oz and other countries, there are highway patrols, a highly visible police force out on the highways

So what you're saying is mentally the drivers are the same as Thai drivers?

‘7 Dangerous Days’ Kill 463 On Thai Roads During Holidays

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

39676-696x392.jpg

A car accident on New Year’s Day in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Phimai district kills five people.

BANGKOK — Nakhon Ratchasima remained the province with the most fatalities during this year’s holiday season, while overall road deaths increased in comparison to 2018.

The Road Safety Directing Center said Thursday that 463 people died on the roads Dec. 27 through Thursday – infamously called the “Seven Dangerous Days.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/03/7-dangerous-days-kill-463-on-thai-roads-during-holidays/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-03

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

It's not about 410 dead Somchais; consider how many families and companies are affected, how much hardship is brought to thousands by sheer ignorance of .... those dead.

You want to bring this figure down - seriously - then you have to strictly enforce the law. Confiscate all vehicles and keep them at the point of confiscation for two weeks. Then get the one caught in person to collect the car against a payment of B 10K, for every day late charge another B 500. This on cases between 0.5 - 1.0 o%. Exceeding 1.0 o% double the fee and keep the drunk fellow in custody for 48 hours. 

Wonder if this would not work; would bring in millions of Baht which could be used to pay for the three submarines this country so urgently needed ???? 

That would be too complicated for them. This is Thailand.

on a short trip out today, (as i was bored) i counted 43 scooter riders not wearing helmets, ( a lot of female riders with a child on the back )  START THERE , 1000 baht fine, and no scooter for 30 days, this will make them think, (then i woke up)