Samui "song thaew" driver agrees to pay foreigner's 6,000 baht hospital bill after fare "misunderstanding"

webfact

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Agreed, but it would be a catch-22 situation. How can it be solved without inflicting physical harm on the perpetrators?

How would assaults on human beings not being tolerated stop us from beating up Thais?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, seahorse said:

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired as usual. 

First it says Mr Fagin went to the police and then it says that the police arrived at the scene. 

Which is it? 

And little detail of the 'misunderstanding', 800 each or 800 for the group? Was it ever established whether the students misunderstood? 

Perhaps there really was misunderstand and maybe, just maybe the driver was offering a fare of 800 for the group? Who knows?

Did the reporter try to get some clarity? 

Probably not, just write down whatever has been heard, no check for logic or correct details.

Poor reporting, as always.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Hmmm .... "Misunderstanding..."

I was thinking , possible  "Wet Road" as I started  reading.

The saffa appears to have come out of it better than the TT man anyway ...

Edited by zaZa9
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And little detail of the 'misunderstanding', 800 each or 800 for the group? Was it ever established whether the students misunderstood? 

Perhaps there really was misunderstand and maybe, just maybe the driver was offering a fare of 800 for the group? Who knows?

Did the reporter try to get some clarity? 

Probably not, just write down whatever has been heard, no check for logic or correct details.

Poor reporting, as always.

I think it's almost impossible that it was a misunderstanding. Samui taxi mafia doesn't play around.... Specially not on New year's .. 

• Like 2

On my way to early Golf I saw a large group of Farangs who were concerned about the workings of the ATM machine. I drove to station at Threpasit & Sukumviit to report what I considered a suspicious gathering. Irate at being awoken I was told to report to Police at Jomtien Beach. Again waking up officers was required to fill out statement. Meanwhile the gang of farangs an their Thai accomplish I'm sure had long gone. No more citizen concern from me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1