U.S. House passes bills that would end government shutdown, without wall funds

webfact

U.S. House passes bills that would end government shutdown, without wall funds

2019-01-04T031322Z_1_LYNXNPEF0307I_RTROPTP_4_USA-SHUTDOWN-TRUMP.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to reporters about border security in the Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, U.S., January 3, 2019. REUTERS/Carlos Barria/Files

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives, where Democrats now hold a majority, approved legislation on Thursday to end a partial government shutdown that began nearly two weeks ago at several federal agencies and fund the Department of Homeland Security through Feb. 8.

Under the bills, the departments of State, Commerce, Agriculture, Labor, Treasury and other agencies would be funded through Sept. 30, the end of the current fiscal year.

Hours before the vote, the White House said advisers to President Donald Trump would recommend that he veto the measure if Congress passed it without any additional money for Trump's proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

(Reporting by Richard Cowan and Amanda Becker; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-01-04

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So your claim is that the country is divided 50/50 about Trump? Really?

If I am so off the dems should pray Trump survives he should be easy enough to beat. However i remember them saying they would have a landslide against Dubya and getting beat twice.

Outside of the most liberal urban centers in the country Trump holds his own. Maybe if the dems can get a great turn out it isn't equal but last time the vote was close. So as far as people who are politically active the numbers are  much closer to 50/50 than you like to  admit. 

If you count how many people will want one democrat over the other and that division it is even closer. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Becker said:

Standing up to this disgrace of a president could destroy the Dems -how on earth do you figure that? On the contrary, that's something they all can unite around.

Anyway, let's hope the release of Mueller's report makes all this purely an academic exercise.

Then it goes to the brink which could destroy them both. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cooked said:

The public isn't as stupid or ignorant as the Dems presume them to be. Just as they understood very well what the Dems were trying to do in the Kavanaugh hearings, so they understand what is going on now. They won't win the next election by saying what they don't like and don't want.

Yes this is true. You need something other than hating Trump. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cooked said:

You're a hopeless case. The media have CHANGED since the days when they just reported facts. Breitbart? Who he? Have you any even very slight acquaintance with who owns these MSM sources that hysterically, pointlessly and sometimes without proof (forced to withdraw their drivel many times, not that most people will have noticed that) blame Trump for cancer, bad breath and modern music.

So where do YOU get your news?

Edited by Berkshire
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cooked said:

You're a hopeless case. The media have CHANGED since the days when they just reported facts. Breitbart? Who he? Have you any even very slight acquaintance with who owns these MSM sources that hysterically, pointlessly and sometimes without proof (forced to withdraw their drivel many times, not that most people will have noticed that) blame Trump for cancer, bad breath and modern music.

Yes you are right again! The big difference between Donald (and you), and the mainstream media, is that The Donald refuses to withdraw his nonsensical drivel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cooked said:

Sorry, I get simultaneously bored and annoyed with these kind of threads. PM me and I'll give you some very public links.

I'm out of here.

Great backout! Donald would be proud of you.

BTW. Thanks for the PM but sorry I can't oblige, I'm a married man!

Edited by Spidey
PM recieved.
  • Haha 2