Shampoo rip off

owl sees all

15 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Not easy to see from your photo, but are you sure that it doesn't say 1000g rather than 1000ml?

1000g of dense shampoo could have a volume of only 800ml.

I'm going to check this out KK. My wife says it is 1 litre but she doesn't share my fact-finding enthusiasm in all this. And could be saying anything 'cause she don't use it; or care even. 

I've just checked the mouthwash and some of the water bottles. They are fine. It's just the shampoo. And this container is also used for conditioner; but I don't use that.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

Its used in Thai salons (misses is a hairdresser).

In western world salon grade means its a quality product. In Thailand congratulations you have found the cheapest product available.

Edited by BigT73
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

They can be like that. But

I take it the compliments are not coming from your disinterested wife then?

Bang on the money NL. 

The trick is to use the shampoo as a body wash and not to actually wash off the shampoo. Otherwise, what's the point of any smell. Let it dry and go out amongst the people.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Not easy to see from your photo, but are you sure that it doesnt say 1000g rather than 1000ml?

My daughter is off school today and she confirms that it says 1000 milli-litres. There is a little 'u' followed by a letter, that looks like a scribbled 'n'.

shampoo-04.jpg

Just now, beau thai said:

If you think that's a rip off then dont buy a quart of ice cream for 299bht at swensen. it's less than 1/8th-until they redined the term quart from quart(er) of a gallon.

In another thread this week a member proposed a club where we (TVForum members) could form as a pressure group. It was suggested that the group be called FART (shortened). Your post is precisely where the group/club could be used.

I have set a target of 8k per month to live on. I couldn't afford swensen.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

My daughter is off school today and she confirms that it says 1000 milli-litres. There is a little 'u' followed by a letter, that looks like a scribbled 'n'.

Fair enough. It was worth checking.

In that case I suspect that the problem may be that they changed the bottle size without updating the label details (or vice versa). That doesnt help you, of course. I've noticed that Head and Shoulders do all sorts of different bottle sizes, sometimes with just 10 or 20 ml difference between two types of the same brand of shampoo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I've noticed that Head and Shoulders do all sorts of different bottle sizes, sometimes with just 10 or 20 ml difference between two types of the same brand of shampoo.

I don't think I've had two H&S bottles the same size in 14 years here (ok, slight exageration, but I get the point). Not sure why, marketing ploy, buying up stock destined for other markets, who really knows?