Saudi teen who fled family welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto

rooster59

12 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Okay, so far it looks like a happy end. But I hope that the Canadian authorities will provide her with a new identity and the girl will break off all contact with the family, because they will stop at nothing to restore the "family" honour. That is a sure fact.

Worried that Canada has a border with the USA, she could be abducted and smuggled into the USA so easy, nothing will save her in the land where oil talks... 

Great news ...Canada a really good country putting so much of the rest of the ugly looking world to shame. Canada the antithesis of Trump but I know so many Americans are not Trumpets. In Brexit Britain, so many of us are not isolationists or UKIP nationalists but welcome refugees and migrants especially from countries experiencing extreme oppression and awful lives. Humanity must fight the reactionaries and extremists wherever they are.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gudge said:

Of course Canada jumped on the oppurtunity to have her come to Canada. There is an election coming in Canada and you can bet Jihad Justine Trudope and Climate Barby will be there taking all kinds of pictures with smiles and apoligies with crocidile tears for what she has suffered with a big fat cheque to settle in hoping to win all the bleeding heart votes. 

Think you are missing the point also "Grudge". As far as the next election is concerned, if he gets back in it will be a sad day for Canada. But this story, imo, will have dick all to do with it!

If this is a genuine case well and good. If not i believe the government should monitor her and send her back, as this is just one more example for others who are so willing to move to countries like Australia and Canada - emotionally.

30 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Okay, so far it looks like a happy end. But I hope that the Canadian authorities will provide her with a new identity and the girl will break off all contact with the family, because they will stop at nothing to restore the "family" honour. That is a sure fact.

I see that a cousin has tweeted that he is going to kill her. Could that be the cousin that she was to have been married to, as this was one of her reasons for running away, to avoid an unwanted marriage.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

it is possible.  sleeper agent installed.  no one will ever suspect her after this.  next step invite close family and relatives of the same thinking.   Possible sure but that is our weakness.. Compassion. 

completely agree. An easy way to enter into Canada without any tests or whatsoever. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, tifino said:

they'd have to have been part of an armed crack suicide death squad, to have gotten anywhere near her; once she had squealed publically!

anyhows Canada finally got their 'one up' oo the Saudis... the proverbial middle finger in the air at them'n'all that!

this all worked out well for all parties, except for the camel dudes...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/i-needed-consent-to-leave-the-house/ar-BBSa3NW?li=BBnbfcL

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

As a Canadian I'm happy for the girl. As well, as a Canadian I am disgusted with the government of the Great White North because there are, by its own estimates, 2250 homeless vets wandering the streets living in fear and poverty. Where's the freaking government for them?????

Saddle life is luck, timing and connections..this woman won the lottery, does she deserve it ?? will she appreciate our Canadian hospitality and earn this??...many who deserve help get nothing...I am reminded of the Omhar Kadar 10+ mill human rights violation settlement ...My tax dollars to a known terrorist who Killed American troops...that is disgusting

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Good luck in Canada but reality will set in soon.  The family probably has cut off her credit cards and access to money in the bank.  Asylum doe not mean a luxurious lifestyle.  She might have to get a job.  At 18 I wonder what skills she can offer?  Will she live in public housing with other refugees in Canada?  Freedom is Not Free(literally).  

"The family probably has cut off her credit cards and access to money in the bank"

How do you know that she even had credit cards or even a bank account - probably was "looked after ' by her family, so why should she need money?

"She might have to get a job."

She would probably like to get a job, and I presume that there are plenty of jobs available in Canada for those who want to work.

Also, she is young, attractive, and will be willing to learn - unlike a lot of the "immigrants" that sneak through the back door into the UK for instance. Additionally, she will probably be wooed by the Canadian Government as she is such a high profile "immigrant". You can probably expect to see pictures soon of her adapting to her new lifestyle in her new home, and studying in her new University.

• Like 1

I'm happy that this one young woman escaped her prison in Saudi, but she's clearly just the tip of the iceberg. The oppression continues, and face it, the world isn't going to do jack sheit to change that except in isolated cases such as this one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The family probably has cut off her credit cards and access to money in the bank"

How do you know that she even had credit cards or even a bank account - probably was "looked after ' by her family, so why should she need money?

"She might have to get a job."

She would probably like to get a job, and I presume that there are plenty of jobs available in Canada for those who want to work.

Also, she is young, attractive, and will be willing to learn - unlike a lot of the "immigrants" that sneak through the back door into the UK for instance. Additionally, she will probably be wooed by the Canadian Government as she is such a high profile "immigrant". You can probably expect to see pictures soon of her adapting to her new lifestyle in her new home, and studying in her new University.

did you read all that in @Tony125 's Link? ... where, after finishing Uni, she's kept back inside home; and ends up on Benefits, as she cannot freely work...

Oh well! now back 'home' the Benefits for all subsequent girls in same position of unemployability, will be ceased!  fer sure!

All hail the conquering hero. A Canadian already and greeted personally by Foreign Minister Freeland no less. I am surprised that Trudeau didn't fly her in on a private jet. A soon to be a well-publicized photo opportunity with Trudeau is planned for a few days from now I am sure. I hope she enjoys the weather. I normally say no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice of clothing. But for her, coming from Saidi Arabia, it is going to be bad weather for the next three months. I see she wears a silly UNHCR promotional hat and Canada hoodie. Where is her Canada Goose down jacket? She is going to need it coming from a hot weather country. Reality will soon set in. Of course, she will now be able to do whatever she wants. Without any permission from men, she just will not have her father paying for her. Best of luck to her. Reality will slowly set in over the next couple of months. Once the fanfare is over, no family, no money, having served her UNHCR/Trudeau agenda, life will be difficult. As a poster child for the UNHCR and Trudeau, she will have more opportunities than most, but a tough road lies ahead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, tifino said:

hope the Canadians don't eventually realise that they were simply just more 'convenient' to her, than the Aussies! That she wanted Australia, and Canada was a lesser choice...

The choice was her's and not that of another critic.

• Like 1

This is one lucky young woman, considering that many Canadians cannot get a family member

into Canada from their home country. So many people get their applications rejected, meanwhile

here we go again with a refugee getting in, pfff, with the photo savvy PM, saying his welcome speech. As a Canadian born Canadian I am disgusted with the immigration department of Canada.

I am also not happy with the current PM and hope to have a new one when the next Federal elections are over. Good luck to this young woman, and I hope the Canadian government will take

precautions over the next several years to ensure that she does not get done in by somebody,

from her part of the world, or some person of her religion.

Geezer

????

a big thumbs up for Canada. If Saudi Arabia didn’t have oil everybody would have been scrambling for a piece of the action. 

Without their oil they’d be friendless and we’d be more inclined to call them out for their abuses. Can’t wait until the oil runs out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

don't want to sound negative but something is not right here, her body language, her expressions, always smiling, not showing any stressed out/worried face.... this is not the end of the story, something is coming, call me what you want but it just doesn't fit. Kashoggi was killed, dismembered & packed by the same people and here they let her go...they took her passport but didn't take the phone.... fishy almost like an hollywood movie!!! if it sounds to good to be true????

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

All hail the conquering hero. A Canadian already and greeted personally by Foreign Minister Freeland no less. I am surprised that Trudeau didn't fly her in on a private jet. A soon to be a well-publicized photo opportunity with Trudeau is planned for a few days from now I am sure. I hope she enjoys the weather. I normally say no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice of clothing. But for her, coming from Saidi Arabia, it is going to be bad weather for the next three months. I see she wears a silly UNHCR promotional hat and Canada hoodie. Where is her Canada Goose down jacket? She is going to need it coming from a hot weather country. Reality will soon set in. Of course, she will now be able to do whatever she wants. Without any permission from men, she just will not have her father paying for her. Best of luck to her. Reality will slowly set in over the next couple of months. Once the fanfare is over, no family, no money, having served her UNHCR/Trudeau agenda, life will be difficult. As a poster child for the UNHCR and Trudeau, she will have more opportunities than most, but a tough road lies ahead.

She flew first class ,posting tweets eating cavier and drinking champagne..she is now Canada's darling little poster child...but,when her novelty wheres off and she is forgotten ,then who will she be?...earn this gift young woman, earn this .

Edited by mok199
  • Like 1