After the honesty comes bitter reality! Two thieving Thai maids arrested in Pattaya

webfact

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well it was a condo, a hotel would likely have a safe. Still not without risk though.

Was it their condo or were they renting it like a hotel room hence the maid service? They had stole the week before and these people are either too wealthy or brain dead to notice 2k euros missing then? Don't blame the Thais trying to come back and do it again, hell they must of thought they could afford it with no alarm raised the first time lol. My original point is that with all the hacks on youtube concerning breaking into room safes, locks, doors etc, keeping large amounts of cash on hand is a fools game. And you know what they say about a fool and his $  

• Like 2

Was it their condo or were they renting it like a hotel room hence the maid service? They had stole the week before and these people are either too wealthy or brain dead to notice 2k euros missing then? Don't blame the Thais trying to come back and do it again, hell they must of thought they could afford it with no alarm raised the first time lol. My original point is that with all the hacks on youtube concerning breaking into room safes, locks, doors etc, keeping large amounts of cash on hand is a fools game. And you know what they say about a fool and his $  
Most condos have Maids. They get business by either being approached while cleaning or word of mouth. They are cheap so most farang use them weekly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Likely renting if it came with maid service and sounds like the guy didn't have a bank account. Presuming he stashed the money and left it alone, an older guy may not check it daily as  would! I agree stashing a lot of cash is foolish, I did it once and some was peeled off it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

I don't see why all the negativity is pointed at the victim.  He stashed a few Euro in clothes (pant pocket, sock, who knows), in a wardrobe, in his condo.  He noticed it missing, requested CCTV footage, told the police.   Who doesn't have cash kicking around for an emergency or a planned (or unplanned) purchase?  

especially if wife lives as a 'Cash Only Society'

• Like 1