Queen sends a Brexit message to UK politicians: end your bickering

rooster59

33 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I have yet to find any remainer who doesn’t accept the referendum result. It’s just another claim from the Brexiteers fantasy world. 

I did, but considering the mess it has created now, just cancel it and get back to normal.

One of the just under 50%'ers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the OP here,

Since the utterances of Old Liz has become an issue, it would be nice to know

what kind of leeway does she actually have re commenting on ongoing politics?

I assume that she, as other Brits, enjoys freedom of speech and can say what she wants.

However what is proper and what is not proper, considering her position?

Where is the borderline here?

37 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Brexititis, it is limbo/vacuum now

just don't understand why leavers (or remainers) do not fill the vacuum with some wise campaigning

hole detected? plug it!

don't sleep and miss opportunities

look at Barnier, alert 24/7, all over Europe, he understands the importance  of constant presence

Because we all know that our posts on this subject affect precisely nothing - and we are tired of going round and round in circles.

"Wise campaigning"?  Really???????

The 'hard-liner' posters on both 'sides' are convinced that the other 'side' is delusional (or from a few remainers pov - stupid, morons, uneducated etc. etc....)

Unless something drastic happens - neither 'side' are going to change their pov.

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Because we all know that our posts on this subject affect precisely nothing - and we are tired of going round and round in circles.

"Wise campaigning"?  Really???????

The 'hard-liner' posters on both 'sides' are convinced that the other 'side' is delusional (or from a few remainers pov - stupid, morons, uneducated etc. etc....)

Unless something drastic happens - neither 'side' are going to change their pov.

right DD,

but when I referred to leavers and remainers plugging holes with wise campaigning,

tuned to the situation at hand,

I did not mean to point to "campaigners" on TVF,

I was more expressing a view of what I think people in the UK ought to do

26 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Re the OP here,

I assume that she, as other Brits, enjoys freedom of speech and can say what she wants.

You just crossed it. You're in the minefield now...

3 hours ago, Loiner said:
2 hours ago, gamini said:

I think her message aims at brexiteers in particular because they don't want to compromise.

I think it was to the Remainers because they are still trying to subvert democracy in her country.

The Queen, of course, is her own person and as such she will have an opinion, just like the rest of us.

But neither you, nor I, nor anyone else will ever know on which side that opinion lies.

That's the beauty of our monarchy. Sage guidance, based on many years experience, from above politics and aloof from all opinions.

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The Queen, of course, is her own person and as such she will have an opinion, just like the rest of us.

But neither you, nor I, nor anyone else will ever know on which side that opinion lies.

That's the beauty of our monarchy. Sage guidance, based on many years experience, from above politics and aloof from all opinions.

Just like me ????

The queen says it very politely.
I would say that the politicians act here only selfishly and lastly not have the welfare of their country in the eye.
It was clear from the beginning, and there is clear experience, that trade contracts are complex and usually take 5-7 years to complete. In addition, there is still time needed to add the exit deal.

What have the losers really accomplished in 2.5 years?
Brexiteers are pissed (52%)
Remainers are pissed (48%)
The division of one's own country.
Investors, students, workers are unsettled.
Many UK citizens living in the EU and
many citizens of the EU who live in the UK do not know how to proceed.
Businesses and the economy can not plan.
The purchasing power of currencies (pounds, euros) weakened.
Existing friendly relations between the UK and the other 27 EU states damaged.

Pity that the queen does not have power anymore.
In the past, some politicians would have been publicly impaled and quartered.

The majority of them are cowards who are too cowardly to tell the population here, that a Brexit, without major economic damages, does not go so quickly because of its systemic nature.

We are not in a war here.

4 hours ago, gamini said:

I think her message aims at brexiteers in particular because they don't want to compromise.

I think it was to the Remainers because they are still trying to subvert democracy in her country.

I think it was aimed at everyone, stop bickering and sort it out.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

Re the OP here,

I know that I will be slated as a pompous fool, but you know, I would rather you didn't refer to Her Majesty as "Old Liz", if it is all the same to you.

I don't know what country you come from, (well, I think Norway but I am not sure), but plenty are quick to complain if, for example, one is to refer to the Federal Republic of Germany as "The Fourth Reich", or make derogatory comments about French martial prowess...

Incidentally, derogatory comments about French martial prowess are unfounded. They have been long at the cutting edge of things military, after all, they invented the beret, worn by just about every nation in the world. Imagine, an item of military headgear which doesn't fall off when you're running away!

14 minutes ago, JAG said:

I know that I will be slated as a pompous fool, but you know, I would rather you didn't refer to Her Majesty as "Old Liz", if it is all the same to you.

I don't know what country you come from, (well, I think Norway but I am not sure), but plenty are quick to complain if, for example, one is to refer to the Federal Republic of Germany as "The Fourth Reich", or make derogatory comments about French martial prowess...

Incidentally, derogatory comments about French martial prowess are unfounded. They have been long at the cutting edge of things military, after all, they invented the beret, worn by just about every nation in the world. Imagine, an item of military headgear which doesn't fall off when you're running away!

no sweat,

all the same for me, can refer to her as Queen.

However, I'd like to say that she should be happy that people conn phrases like Old Liz,

it is in no way derogatory, more an expression of respect, fondness, closeness, appreciation, what have you.

yes, Norway, monarchy, we refer to our king as king Harald or just Harald,

his father that perished in the early 90s as king Olav or just Olav

neither had nicknames neither would have minded if they had

(note I write king and not King, these two are quite different semantically and legally)

both very much down to earth and very colloquial and likeable chaps

and extremely good at their job

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Goldman Sachs will invest less in the United Kingdom if there is a difficult or hard Brexit, Chief Executive Officer David Solomon said

So yet another gold plated establishment business warning and threatening what will happen if there is 'no deal'. No Deal being a misnomer as there would actually be WTO rules and regs to work with as with most of the rest of the world uses, rather than a failing corrupt undemocratic bullying EU. This should have been a lot smoother process but having a remainer in charge who's idea of negotiating is to say yes and tug the forelock at everything the EU orders has led to this outcome. UK will be fine.

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Nobody has the right to be little

are you sure? check between your legs. What the heck did the queen said that was so special and what makes her special anyway.... do you know she poops and take a leak/squirt the same way as all of us do

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

are you sure? check between your legs. What the heck did the queen said that was so special and what makes her special anyway.... do you know she poops and take a leak/squirt the same way as all of us do

Careful. The pro Royals won’t take kindly to that kind of assumption. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Careful. The pro Royals won’t take kindly to that kind of assumption. 

it's fine, they just have to sit on the stick and if it hurts they can add some vaseline

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

no sweat,

all the same for me, can refer to her as Queen.

However, I'd like to say that she should be happy that people conn phrases like Old Liz,

it is in no way derogatory, more an expression of respect, fondness, closeness, appreciation, what have you.

yes, Norway, monarchy, we refer to our king as king Harald or just Harald,

his father that perished in the early 90s as king Olav or just Olav

neither had nicknames neither would have minded if they had

(note I write king and not King, these two are quite different semantically and legally)

both very much down to earth and very colloquial and likeable chaps

and extremely good at their job

Private Eye, probably the best known satirical paper in the U.K. Always refers to The Queen as Brenda ???? And Buckingham Palace as Buck House.

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Private Eye, probably the best known satirical paper in the U.K. Always refers to The Queen as Brenda ???? And Buckingham Palace as Buck House.

I hazard a guess that user JAG is not a subscriber

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

How very dare you! Don't speak in such a churlish way about the Queen!

1 hour ago, jinners said:

So yet another gold plated establishment business warning and threatening what will happen if there is 'no deal'. No Deal being a misnomer as there would actually be WTO rules and regs to work with as with most of the rest of the world uses, rather than a failing corrupt undemocratic bullying EU. This should have been a lot smoother process but having a remainer in charge who's idea of negotiating is to say yes and tug the forelock at everything the EU orders has led to this outcome. UK will be fine.

Does it not give you Brexiter types pause that all the top people are pro Remain? Why would that be? Why is the average remainer taller, more handsome, more successful and much richer than a typical leaver?

I would want to know why?

While we're at it, and more seriously, why can leavers only tell us what they don't like? None of you can say precisely what you actually want!

What do YOU dislike about the CU and why?

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

why? he has the right to his opinion even if it's different than yours

Quite agree, It's not his fault that he's a stupid little man, he was probably born that way.

Her Majesty certainly does not do those disgusting things, she has people to do that for her.

She most certainly does not!!!

????

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Does it not give you Brexiter types pause that all the top people are pro Remain? Why would that be? Why is the average remainer taller, more handsome, more successful and much richer than a typical leaver?

I would want to know why?

While we're at it, and more seriously, why can leavers only tell us what they don't like? None of you can say precisely what you actually want!

What do YOU dislike about the CU and why?

That is not completely right, maybe exceptions prove the rule.
Vacuum Cleaner Dyson is a Brexiteer and well off. That's the one who wants to relocate his company headquarters to Singapore and has already built a research center there. In an interview, he said he finds the best trained staff in Singapore.
His Brexit is moving towards Asia. He is not stupid.

Or

Rees-Mogg as "very religious", lives in a million-dollar estate, demands less social spending and tax cuts for the rich, doubts the man-made climate change, hates the EU and rejects same-sex marriage.
The son of wealthy parents visited the elite boarding school Eton and the elite Oxford University and later made a fortune in London's banking district.
Fund founded by Rees-Mogg sets up post-Brexit vehicle in Dublin.

Somerset Capital will be able to serve EU-based clients after UK withdraws from bloc.

His Brexit is moving towards Dublin. He is not stupid.

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

How very dare you! Don't speak in such a churlish way about the Queen!

reminds me of our present king, a keen competitive yachtsman, blue water racing

he had got himself a new IOR racer (some years ago this), he was  pretty proud,

msm interviewed him and photoed / filmed boat inside and outside,

looks slick outside, looks shit inside, very very spartan - this was a racing machine

journalists; can you make food for 12-13 people on that there?

king; yes

journalists; there is the toilet, no wash basin, no curtain for privacy?

king; rulez specifiy we must have a toilet, there it is, we are not crazy, we don't make holes in the hull

for a toilet, that is not specified in the rulez,

we shit in plastic buckets and throw the crap overboard

journalists; oh, I see, hmmm

Archived