Israel, Germany upset by BNK48 singer’s swastika shirt

webfact

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a rehearsal without an audience right?

Did the concert rehearsal take place in Israel or Germany?

If a person is that thin skinned they need to go back to their own country where they will feel more comfortable.

2 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

If a person is that thin skinned they need to go back to their own country where they will feel more comfortable.

What "person" are you talking about ?

Anyone in particular ?

7 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Aaaaah...the good old "if you don't like it- go home"- number!

There always has to be one!

Ignorance is bliss!

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Just watching this circus on the morning fantasy Channel 3 news

As my wife openly admits, until she came to the US as a teenager she had no notion of WW2, let alone what the Hell a Nazi or swastika was, or meant.

She's also pretty open to the fact that until history classes in her US High School she really didn't understand the Pacific war, Japan and Thailand's part in it.

So small wonder a bunch of pretty girls have absolutely zero sensitivity to what this symbolizes for most of us

I know from our past discussions on world matters --  my Thai uni educated wife has pretty much zero knowledge of WW II or anything related to that.

It's not just this one girl -- it's Thai systemic.   Doesn't make it any more excusable, however....

5 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Israel could have stopped it and didn't. Therefore, it was blamed and rightly so.

Yes ,and anyone who could have stopped the Thai woman from wearing her Nazi t-Shirt should be blamed as well , as its their fault for not stopping her wearing it and she is  entirely blameless 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There it is folks. Don't be surprised. It's predictable. 

You are absolutely right!!! Here is another denier of historical (unfortunate) facts. I would also like to know where are the Jewish people denying the holocaust. Maybe in his nightmares (or dreams???). Anybody denying the holocaust is an antisemite (probably from the right wing, ala Mr.Orban and co.)

2 hours ago, M71 said:

What a crock of crap - if you really study WW2 you will find the mainstream narrative is wrong, Germany was actually the good guys, not the "allies" - you only need to listen to what the US generals said soon after the war.

There are so many young Jewish people coming out now seriously questioning the holocaust - do your own research and make up your own mind don't be bullied by these self righteous pretenders.

If someone can come up with some actual real proof that the Jewish holocaust actually happened I'm more than willing to listen - I've been wrong before and I'll admit to being wrong in this case if so proven. By proof I mean actual solid proof and not some third hand witness 'testimony' or a seriously tortured German officer's 'confession' story.

You are one of these antisemitic deniers. You ask for proof, may I suggest you go and look at the sites of the concentration camps, Auschwitz, Bergen Belsen and others, look at photos taken of the survivors when Auschwitz was liberated, read the protocols of the Nuremberg trials, just to mention few of the unfortunate true facts of the Holocaust, which you stupidly and viciously deny. I wonder what your reaction would be if members of your family had been murdered in one of the camps, the existence of which you deny. It's a pity you don't live in Germany, you would be criminally prosecuted for uttering such denials. 

6 hours ago, HalfLight said:

No it wasn't. The swastika used in religions was (as far as I'm aware) not the 'black. (anti-clockwise) swastika version which the Nazis adopted, changed and then used. The Nazis incorporated a lot of occult symbols and ideas in their development, this was one of them.

Yes it was.  In fact some historians date it at 12,000 years.  You will find it in black and red as well as other colours, both clockwise and anti-clockwise, tilted or not.

Do a quick google and you'll find it to be true.

1 hour ago, Disaantri said:

Just that as a leader I would expect him to know the significance and hurt it might cause, whereas I would not expect that of such a teenager

Well, leader in some senses, yes. I guess I should concede the point though Prince Harry being a dick doesn't excuse anyone else from truing to be a similar dick.. I accept that this lady did not know what she was doing, but she should have done. If you don't know what you're doing then stop doing it is my advice, though I am a bit older and am not given to trying to attract boys.

31 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

You are absolutely right!!! Here is another denier of historical (unfortunate) facts. I would also like to know where are the Jewish people denying the holocaust. Maybe in his nightmares (or dreams???). Anybody denying the holocaust is an antisemite (probably from the right wing, ala Mr.Orban and co.)

David Irving (writer and denier) didn't do very well in the courts who found that he'd misrepresented history by inventing facts.

2 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Yes it was.  In fact some historians date it at 12,000 years.  You will find it in black and red as well as other colours, both clockwise and anti-clockwise, tilted or not.

The clockwise version and the anti-clockwise version mean the same thing?

2 minutes ago, HHTel said:

OK, you go and find a non Nazi identical to the Nazi swastika used by people other than the Nazis and post it on here .

(BTW , Hitler himself designed the Nazi swastika)

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK, you go and find a non Nazi identical to the Nazi swastika used by people other than the Nazis and post it on here .

I'm not going to do it for you.  I'm not your aide.  However in 5 mins you will find the symbol in various colours including red.  I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find a tilted one also in red.

Hitler designed it....... what hogwash.

10 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Yes as used in various religions. However one is predominantly in Bon and Buddhist and the opposite in Indian religions.

You will even find it on Christian artifacts. 

Yes, I did know thatabout the cChristian artifacts, However I thought the clockwise and counter-clockwise versions meant different things. Ah well, no day is a waste if you learn something new.

My own limited exposure to the swastika came from a syncretic version of Christian mysticism. Didn't really like it then, don't really like it now, though that may be a bit of consciousness from WW2.

Worthwhile exchange, thanks.

6 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I'm not going to do it for you.  I'm not your aide.  However in 5 mins you will find the symbol in various colours including red.  I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find a tilted one also in red.

Hitler designed it....... what hogwash.

"In his 1925 work Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler writes that: "I myself, meanwhile, after innumerable attempts, had laid down a final form; a flag with a red background, a white disk, and a black swastika in the middle. After long trials I also found a definite proportion between the size of the flag and the size of the white disk, as well as the shape and thickness of the swastika."

When Hitler created a flag for the Nazi Party, he sought to incorporate both the swastika and "those revered colors expressive of our homage to the glorious past and which once brought so much honor to the German nation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Nazism

19 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Nowadays everybody is upset about everything every time again. Get a grip on your live and respect also other cultures.

The problem is, the styling and colors used on the girl's shirt were clearly a representation of the Nazi version of the symbol, and not any other.

This isn't a case where some Hindu symbol was mistaken for resembling a Nazi symbol. This is a case where the girl was wearing a clear and unmistakable Nazi symbol -- whether she realized it or not.

And there's no good apology or dismissing the abhorrence of that -- unless you happen to be a modern day Nazi or white nationalist.

FYI - The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia, used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions.[1][2][3][4] In the Western world, it was a symbol of auspiciousness and good luck until the 1930s, when it became a feature of Nazi symbolism as an emblem of Aryan race identity and, as a result, was stigmatized by association with ideas of racism and antisemitism.[5][6]

Total ignorance once again. Get out the flowers give them plenty of wais and job done. Education here is pathetic  it's all aboit Thainess and nothing else. As for the t-shirt she was wearing it was  at band practice  I believe not at the concert but remember none  of these people were alive in 1921 when the nazi flag was invented. And obviously never taught at school but the t-shirt looked cool so wear it no worries that's what the do. .  My gf the other day bought a t-shirt with a anonymous photo (guyforks)  giviing the middle  finger I asked her do you know what this means the answer was no. When I explained it in thai she gave the t-shirt to me lol. 

They are clueless here in all aspects of life  amazing country just uneducated  but the all have a uni degree work that out 

12 hours ago, Lingba said:

The country of Thailand should apologize for not properly educating their children world history

It is one of the most common symbols on Mesopotamian coins. The icon has been of spiritual significance to Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. The use of the swastika by the Bön faith of Tibet, as well as Chinese Taoism, can also be traced to Buddhist influence.

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is one of the most common symbols on Mesopotamian coins. The icon has been of spiritual significance to Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. The use of the swastika by the Bön faith of Tibet, as well as Chinese Taoism, can also be traced to Buddhist influence.

Would almost fly if hitler scarfs and ss helmets were not freely sold at the markets 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is some humor in it. Obviously the pop star is not a literal Nazi or Jew hater. That's more than I can say for some of the posters here. Personally, I think any efforts to crush Nazi and Hitler images to be seen as cool and high fashion particularly in Asia are inevitably futile. I question the wisdom of making a thing about every incident. ON the big incidents like the infamous Nazi school parade in Chiang Mai, sure, but I don't think an occasional t-shirt here or there or anywhere really rises to a high priority for any embassy in Thailand, including Germany and Israel. It's almost like giving attention to these ignorant fashionistas feeds the trend. 

I was horrified the other day that I saw several tee-shirts for sale in market with images of Hitler on them

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Would almost fly if hitler scarfs and ss helmets were not freely sold at the markets 

But it still has another significance to it.

I agree about the Hitler paraphernalia available >>offensive on all levels

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

but I don't think an occasional t-shirt here or there or anywhere really rises to a high priority for any embassy in Thailand, including Germany and Israel. It's almost like giving attention to these ignorant fashionistas feeds the trend. 

The problem with that approach IMHO, Jing, is that these kinds of girls and groups, for better or worse, are emulated (followed) by lots of impressionable youths here. And so once you start down that road, it begins potentially to multiply, because other ignorants see it and want to emulate their heroine...  Plus, Thailand as a country has a pretty sorry record of allowing and using those kind of representations.

So in this case, under these circumstances, I'm glad the two embassies spoke up...  And if nothing else, at least one ignorant Thai girl now will be a little less ignorant.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Ah, the failed artist. I guess he took his Aryan wannabe thingy (Aryans actually means Indians, Persians and some East Europeans, not really mustached Austrians) and stylized it a bit. I prefer the eagle ( Reichsadler ), that one looks like a proper symbol.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The problem with that approach IMHO, Jing, is that these kinds of girls and groups, for better or worse, are emulated (followed) by lots of impressionable youths here. And so once you start down that road, it begins potentially to multiply, because other ignorants see it and want to emulate their heroine...  Plus, Thailand as a country has a pretty sorry record of allowing and using those kind of representations.

So in this case, under these circumstances, I'm glad the two embassies spoke up...  And if nothing else, at least one ignorant Thai girl now will be a little less ignorant.

Great. Only 10 million or so to go now.

And I learned that impressionable is the modern form of wasteofspace.

Archived