Internet banking with a Bangkok Bank account

It's long ago and I don't remember all details.

But I started the process at an ATM (with my debit card).

Got some print receipt, but was it about...?

What followed was a phone call to their service phone answering a couple of questions on personal data (address, birthday), serial number of bankbook etc. No need to visit the branch.

I just searched and found a description how to apply via internet.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-iBanking/How-To-Apply

As lopburi writes it might be denied if the account is a "tourist" type (a written in description).

In this case a visit to the branch is due.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

The various ways to get your Bangkok Bank ibanking going is described at their below webpage.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-iBanking/How-To-Apply

Sorry to be pedantic and a bit off topic,  but 'below' is a preposition, not an adjective, so it should be webpage below and not as you put it. Cheers.

PS. You're not the only one, but if no-one points things like this out, where will English be soon. Same as people putting should OF, and could OF instead of HAVE.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 1

I opened an online account at the branch where I first opened it. No problem at all, I was even given a cup of tea. Suggest you go to the branch where you first opened your savings account.

19 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry to be pedantic and a bit off topic,  but 'below' is a preposition, not an adjective, so it should be webpage below and not as you put it. Cheers.

PS. You're not the only one, but if no-one points things like this out, where will English be soon. Same as people putting should OF, and could OF instead of HAVE.

And who in this forum knows the difference between 'there' and 'their?'

Edited by fantom
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fantom said:

I opened an online account at the branch where I first opened it. No problem at all, I was even given a cup of tea. Suggest you go to the branch where you first opened your savings account.

And who in this forum knows the difference between 'there' and 'their'.?

Not everyone. I am all for progress in the language and use txt msg and other shortenings. But BASIC English should be respected, and taught in schools, at least in UK & USA.

Oh, forget USA!

• Thanks 1

I had my agent include both the mobil and internet set up while opening my savings. Agent walked me thru both first time sign in procedures. I also had him include transfers to other bank accounts feature. I'm keeping my KTB with ATM as well. My Bangkok bank ow has my SSA from USA deposited into NY NYC bank. Cakewalk.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Not a bit off topic but TOTALLY off topic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Not everyone. I am all for progress in the language and use txt msg and other shortenings. But BASIC English should be respected, and taught in schools, at least in UK & USA.

Oh, forget USA!

Well, at least in the US we know not to use of a hyphen in "no one".

• Thanks 1

I have had BB ibanking on the first savings account I opened for many years. Pretty sure I did it online. Once you have that their website says you can add another account. The first account opened in Pattaya, ATM charges are higher out of region and I had moved to Kalasin so I opened a 2 nd account there.

No problems transferring money to it online and I signed up to get daily texts of the available balance.   Decided I wanted online banking for that account too. I tried and tried, first online several times, no luck, always got some error message. Went in to main Kalasin branch and explained. OK fill-up this form and we will send it off (to wherever this is processed). You should get email confirmation in a few days and then see your added account when you log on to your ibanking page. Thank You! But nothing came, not on my ibanking page either. Went back and explained again, not once but twice. Same form completed twice, still nothing. Went in one last time to explain nothing was actually happening. This time told we don't know, can do nothing more. Not the end of the world for me, but I would like to get online transaction statements, instead of updating the passbook to see them. Anyone else had the same? Did you get it resolved? How?

4 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Can't you just download their IOS or Android App or must you first have an internet account?

I have an account with Bangkok Bank and had no problem with getting Internet Banking and you will be given a PIN to access it.

If you have the right visa details entered on your file you can open online, but as I opened my account when on a tourist visa I have had to make 3 trips into the branch and every time the paperwork has been mislaid, they take another copy of my non-O visa, say come back in a week .....to find another staff member sitting in the chair who knows nothing ....start all over again.

• Sad 1