Where to buy tyres in Pattaya

Kees1948

I drive a Mazda CX5. Very happy with it.
But it needs new tyres, and my Mazda dealer quotes me almost 9000 baht per tyre, for TOYO Proxes36  225/55 R19.

Does anyone know where to get these at best price in Pattaya or nearby?

I know nothing about tyres. I like my safety, however, the price quoted seems a bit high.

Is there any other tyre, of reasonable quality, that will give me similar product as lower price?

Heaps of tire shops on Sukhumvit road.

Drive around and check the prices but you should have a rough idea which brand you want and size.

Make sure to check the manufacturer date on the tires, they deteriorate really fast here in the tropics, so max 6-8 month old. Tell the shop you want to check the date before fitting. 

Yes 9000 baht per tire is way over the top.

Edit: For some strange reason I can't edit my post, but I just checked http://www.b-quik.com/en/index

and I can't seem to find the Mazda CX5 on there, also the ratio of 55 isn't listed as an option for the 255 Width only listed are 35,65 and 70.

But maybe they just don't list them on the site for some reason

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

What about fitting and balancing?

Either buy them off Lazada then take them to any tire shop willing do it for a fee 

or

Compare the prices off Lazada and see how they compare to the tire shops.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I know that, but it's likely to eat up the saving made by buying online in the first place. So what's the point?

The point is; if concerned about getting the best price then compare the costs from online shopping + mounting fee vs the cost from a tire shop that sells and mounts all in one.  If it's just a small cost difference, then forget it, but if it's a substantial difference then why not purchase online?

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

The point is; if concerned about getting the best price then compare the costs from online shopping + mounting fee vs the cost from a tire shop that sells and mounts all in one.  If it's just a small cost difference, then forget it, but if it's a substantial difference then why not purchase online?

I know that too. What I'm asking is, how much is the saving online and how much does the fitting/balancing actually cost if you have to pay for it?

Another point to consider is that many tyre shops here do "4 for 3" offers.

One of the better places for tyres is on Sukhumvit Road, Sattahip bound, when coming from Banglamung it is where the road goes left a bit, has a great big Bridgestone sign above it, it is about 200m before a PTT petrol station and 700m or so before mini Siam.

They have a huge selection of tyres with a massive warehouse full of them just up a little soi from the main shop, usually very good service and in my experience will beat B-Quip on price by some margin.

Given the price, are they Runflat tyres?

37 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I know that too. What I'm asking is, how much is the saving online and how much does the fitting/balancing actually cost if you have to pay for it?

For that answer, folks are going to have to go around and ask, different shops means different prices.  

Edit: I just asked a question about this in the TV Motor Forum, my tires on my truck will be in need of replacing in about 6 months, I'm pricing early...555.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/78-thailand-motor-forum/

Edited by bbko

Thank you, Guys. I have made a few notes, and will now go to town and is it three or four places mentioned here. I am a bit reluctant about Lazada, since I realise that the cost of installing and service will add an unknown amount. But I will download the Lazada info, to have with me in discussing price with the various  suppliers....

• Like 1