Imm Officer Asked To Keep Money & Show Bank Book To Get 1-Year Marriage Extension 1 Month After Application!

On 2/7/2019 at 2:16 PM, brokenbone said:
On 2/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, orchidfan said:

From what I read..changing IO can be a nightmare if you're not living in their jurisdiction. ...and not "known" to them.

I'm still curious if an Embassy letter from your home country but located outside Thailand  (like Hong Kong )would work ???

On 2/7/2019 at 2:16 PM, brokenbone said:

what embassy the letter comes from should not matter

in the slightest, its written in english either way,

and either way needs a stamp from bkk.

but the immigration officer makes all the difference,

since its up to that person to grant extension or not.

TOL

From a UK perspective.

(From 1 January 2019, the British Embassy Bangkok will no longer be providing British Nationals with letters confirming their income. This letter has previously served as a supporting document for obtaining a Thai retirement or marriage visa. The British Embassy Bangkok is stopping the certification of income letters because it is unable to fulfil the Thai authorities’ requirements to verify the income of British Nationals.)

An Embassy letter would still not do what TI expect of it, it would not prove Pension or Income. Could end up getting a letter from HK, then they turnaround and say, it does not have verification either.

The only option I can think of, as way forward on this subject, would be to get a bank statement (on the FCO list) and probably pension entitlement letters (which an agent company said was do-able), notarized, then legalized by the FCO and the Thai Embassy in London. But at potentially £70 a document, something I would not toy with, unless a real need arises. The legalized docs would have to endure for far more than 1 year to be worthwhile. 

Present the legalized proof of the pension for the previous years bank statement and the ongoing pension entitlement! (which have been recognized by Thailand)

"The Royal Thai Government is working to improve our immigration system and visa application procedure, by introducing E-visa application. Like UK visa application"

Perhaps visa & extension periods longer than a year then? (or maybe not ). But with the inconvenience of the UK system for those not staying in Bangkok/London perhaps. Details awaited with interest, can I book a upgrade with my frequent flyer miles, or shall I need them all to book flights for a Visa application???? in next year?