Road fatalities halved when alcohol banned on major Buddhist holidays, safety centre finds

webfact

Another way is to register for a breath check at the start of your journey have a breath test, get to your destination have another breath test , pick up your free alcohol  go home and enjoy the holiday , 

then on return journey do the same have a breath test and same at arrival point receive a fuel voucher for x amount, 

This has to cost the county less , in all facets 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leeneeds said:

Another way is to register for a breath check at the start of your journey have a breath test, get to your destination have another breath test , pick up your free alcohol  go home and enjoy the holiday , 

then on return journey do the same have a breath test and same at arrival point receive a fuel voucher for x amount, 

This has to cost the county less , in all facets 

I read somewhere that the average road fatality in New Zealand costs around $5 million NZD (120 million baht) in social harm through a variety of things like lost productivity, loss of future earnings, tax etc, so you're probably not wrong there

• Like 1

Asians don’t know how to navigate on foot and haven’t figured out escalator etiquette, literally zero concept or awareness of other people.

50% less traffic on the road, is the logical reason for a 50% reduction in road traffic accidents.

Not brain surgery is it. <deleted>!

Edited by Snackbar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

In my mind it comes back as far too little enforcement against drunk driving. They do seem to check more during "dangerous" days but it should be ongoing and fines should be even higher and cops checked for taking backhanders to get people off.

Only then people are going to learn, I am quite open minded about all drugs alcohol included but that stops when people start driving under the influence and risking innocent people.

One would imagine that your heroes, with their absolute power AND article 44 at their disposal would be able to do something about this. They won't of course, it'd require money and effort. But I guess you'll still be impressed by them getting rid of a few beach umbrellas and bringing in draconian visa rules for law abiding foreigners.

There's none so blind as those that will not see.

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

One would imagine that your heroes, with their absolute power AND article 44 at their disposal would be able to do something about this. They won't of course, it'd require money and effort. But I guess you'll still be impressed by them getting rid of a few beach umbrellas and bringing in draconian visa rules for law abiding foreigners.

There's none so blind as those that will not see.

Oh god making something political that has nothing to do with politics. Go play little boy let the adults have a discussion. Your going OT so far its just not funny anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Road fatalities halved when alcohol banned on major Buddhist holidays, safety centre finds

They couldn't find their own backsides with both hands..........

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Haha 1