Pressure rises on Gen Prayut to debate other PM candidates

webfact

16 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

He would get his arse burnt big  time in a political debate ( he probably doesn't even know where the countries are of some of the World leaders he's met as geography not taught in most Thai schools - pin the tail on the donkey etc

Are we talking about geography or Prayut?

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

I watched Prayuth once talking on tv and had to switch to another channel soon because the garbage that came out of the mouth of somebody so full of himself was just unbearable.
On the other hand I watched Thanathorn live on Facebook 2 days ago and could not stop watching him and his party leadership. He is charismatic, intelligent, witty and talks about a host of issues free from his heart.

He is one of the few idealists left in politics today and it shows when he talks - his phrase “ I come from the 1% but fight for the 99% “ is catching on with voters - because he means it.
Prayuth would look like the fake fool he is next to him - so he will never join a debate unless it is staged and fake like he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nominated POST of THIS THREAD (by me).

Thanathorn is the man that will rattle the system.

• Like 1

Why would that be pressure?

He would probably be up there with a bunch of bootlickers, who have nothing to say but "What he said!"

Everybody else, who might stand the ground against him and have the mental capability to do so,  will be out of the race for campaign rule- violations and other bogus made up claims!

Easy- peasy!

????

• Like 1

Reasons for Prayut not to take part in the debate and making a fool of himself are flying in thick and fast. 

Today, the Palang Pracharat party’s deputy leader Natthaphol Teepsuwan said he was confident that the current prime minister would participate in the debates, but the party would like to consult with the Election Commission first to ensure there would not be any legal issues if he were to do so.

The party’s spokesman, Mr. Kobsak Pootrakul, added that, as many people appear to want to find fault, his party wanted to make sure that it would be legal for a serving prime minister to help campaign for the party’s candidates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

his party wanted to make sure that it would be legal for a serving prime minister to help campaign for the party’s candidates.

Seems to me like he's already been campaigning for weeks, maybe even months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Absolutely. 

The widespread experience of participation in debates of this kind (except in the US where the custom is now entrenched) seems to be that participants will join if they perceive it be to their advantage in doing so. General Prayuth (correctly) probably sees no upside in debating with rivals - only downside, and therefore almost certainly will not do so.

• Like 1

Didn't he say before that if a persons disagrees with him, he will just punch that person in the face? I doubt he will debate. He has become increasingly totalitarian over his reign. He doesn't see a debate as necessary, I think because he doesn't see any positive in democracy. He wishes to have absolute control like Xi

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jayboy said:

The widespread experience of participation in debates of this kind (except in the US where the custom is now entrenched) seems to be that participants will join if they perceive it be to their advantage in doing so. General Prayuth (correctly) probably sees no upside in debating with rivals - only downside, and therefore almost certainly will not do so.

The EC got his back and they will now look into the 'legality' of his participation in the debate. ???? The EC verdict is predictable and he take no part in the debate as it's deemed illegal.  ???????? He will then react that he was actually looking forward to the debate but alas he has to accept the ruling. ????

• Like 2

Debate? He's too busy disqualifying them. Why would he engage with minds that are way more advanced than his? Even those running that are not so gifted could kick over one of his rocks covering some of his deficiencies, better to remain on the sidelines throwing rocks and denying everything.

• Like 1