126 Thais arrested for tourist harassment

webfact

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes, too bad the story does not say what happened with them after they were rounded up. If they were punished somehow (especially the taxi drivers that refused to turn on the meter). The story does not tell us much about htis.

500 baht fine and a wai.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If people don’t wanna be ripped off, they shouldn’t come at all.

Flock dude, we shouldnt even leave our homes! Its dangerous out there. Bet the Lemonade girl is packing an Uzi. 

One time, I was walking home from Bali hai to Jomtien hill in the middle of the day. Completely sober.

The taxi drivers closest to WS, Bike drivers, were asking for 200. I told them no, and walked to the corner near Bali hai, to the next group of moto-taxis. Usually, telling them no makes them beg you to come back and offer something reasonable. These particular ones didn't. I know the cost should be around 60-80, but I usually settle for 80 just to make them happy.

On the way, was a tuk-tuk taximan in front of Family Mart. Figured I'd ask him. He told me "Uhh.. 500 baht" I laughed in his face, hysterically. Didn't even give him a chance to save face. Told him he's insane and should never operate a taxi again, "This isn't Bangkok, friend".

Walked 20m down the road to the corner, asked a moto-taxi to take me home. 80 baht.

Some of these taxi drivers are outright criminals in orange uniforms.

13 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes, too bad the story does not say what happened with them after they were rounded up. If they were punished somehow (especially the taxi drivers that refused to turn on the meter). The story does not tell us much about htis.

Perhaps they were given a reward and a few pointers on how to get more from the tourists and perhaps a few pointers on where to put the X on the upcoming ballot.

• Haha 2