Man arrested at Manchester Airport had been in Thailand to try and get a film of his life made

webfact

Man arrested at Manchester Airport had been in Thailand to try and get a film of his life made

Richard Parry of Lombard Street, Porthmadog, told police he had friends in showbusiness in the country when he was apprehended

ByDerek Bellis

DSP_MEN_060717_AIRPORT01JPG.jpg

Terminal 3, Manchester Airport (Image: Dominic Salter)

A man who was arrested at an airport when he touched down in the UK told police he had been in Thailand because he wanted to make a movie of his life.

Richard Parry of Lombard Street from Porthmadog in Gwynedd was arrested at Manchester Airport on Friday after visiting the Far East.

The 42 year-old appeared before a special weekend court in Llandudno yesterday where he pleaded guilty to posting offensive and threatening messages over social media.

Full story: https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-manchester-airport-been-15915746

-- Daily Post 2019-03-04

• Confused 1

Porthmadog eh?

I've been there several times ( I enjoy the Festiniog and Welsh Highland Railways, and as a child my Godfather came from that neck of the woods). I like the place, and the people, but I must say, it is "different"!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

I think I met this guy in a bar the other night. He has lived quite a life. SAS, SBS, Royal Marines, MI5, he'd done it all. 

Can't wait for the movie.

theres a lot of that type in pattaya.

I don't know what the attraction is.  :burp:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

I think I met this guy in a bar the other night. He has lived quite a life. SAS, SBS, Royal Marines, MI5, he'd done it all. 

I know him, single handed just recently undertook a major cave rescue in Northern Thailand.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

You could now be in a snuff movie after blowing his cover????

my little anecdote about the place, went there years ago for the RAC rally, we pulled up to look at a map and noticed a big chimney fire, knocked the door, old lady, she could not speak english, pulled her out up the garden path pointed (it was going like a blow torch) she went back inside. NEXT we try the neighbours, got exactly the same response, so we drove off, we were tempted to go back that route to see if the two houses were still standing lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Clearly a misprint. Should have read "shoplifter". My take on it is that he got arrested for shoplifting, flew to Thailand to escape justice then proceeded to post on the police Facebook page, how they had tortured him into making a confession and he would blow their heads off when he returned to the UK.

Meanwhile, he entered Thailand on a 30 day tourist waver and overstayed. He came to the IO's attention when he reported that a gang of ladyboys had robbed a 50k baht gold chain from him after drugging and raping him when he invited them to partake in a few drinks in his hotel room.

Shoplifter or shirtlifter?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Yep. I knew an old bloke,now deceased,REAL ex-SAS man ,and I told him once "You must have been in the biggest regiment in the world .I've met SO MANY  Ex-SAS blokes in Thailand ! " He laughed

• Like 1