Renewed at CW Immigration - No Bank Book in 3 Mths

5 hours ago, erymax said:

Thanks Jacko45K for your reply. I have over a 1Mil on saving acc but not an other 800K. I have funds on my UK acc but I would not transfer anything to Thailand at this time with low rates. I wait until the pound goes more up. It may go further down if there is a no deal Brexit.

Well, I am not going to risk my ext and better just to leave it at savings acc. I will ask immigration if they would accept transfer of 800k to FD acc after I got the renewal.   

I opened a fixed deposit account and moved 800k from my savings account immediately after getting my extension.  So the 3/6 month post seasoning will be totally using the new FD account.  My Imm. officer said there would be no problem doing that... it does not need to be in the same account as used for pre-seasoning.

If you do move your cash in the (2 or) 3 month pre-seasoning period, you'll need bank letters and statement for both accounts, and make sure the cash is credited to the new account on the same day at it left the other account. 

Something that the doomsayers have missed. When you extend on monthly income you provide proof of last year's deposits. Your extension is given on a promise just as is the cash deposit. Is nobody worried sick that Immigration may check at 90 days that you kept your promise?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Your extension is given on a promise just as is the cash deposit. Is nobody worried sick that Immigration may check at 90 days that you kept your promise?

I see no reason for them to even think about it. If you did not continue doing the transfers you would not be able to get your next extension done.

Please forgive me for a non related question, my ext based on retirement expires 26 May 1019. I have the funds on my saving acc in BKB. I would like to open a FD acc and transfer the funds on that acc.It would be seasoned for 2 months before filling the ext. Would it be accepted in jomtien IO ? I am still not sure about the seasoning 2 or 3 months? Thanks for help>

You have the funds and have had fo three months and can prove it by showing the defunct bank account book and the FD account book.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I see no reason for them to even think about it. If you did not continue doing the transfers you would not be able to get your next extension done.

Could the same not be said wrt the money in the bank retirement extension? 

We already have cases of Jomtiem requiring those granted new recent extensions to return with updated bank passbooks after 90 days. 

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We already have cases of Jomtiem requiring those granted new recent extensions to return with updated bank passbooks after 90 days. 

I would guess that Jomtien is doing that since there are many reports of agents being used there. Perhaps a way to end that being done.

Where are you getting 90 days from. The stamp on the notice was 3 months from the date of application. There is a difference between 90 days and 3 months.

Calling it 90 days make people think is tied to a 90 day report.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Could the same not be said wrt the money in the bank retirement extension? 

According to an early report of a conversation with an agent, this is to maximize agent-revenue under the cover of the new-rules.

He said if they will fix it 3 months before now, then they will fix it 3 months after (for a fee)

he admitted it will give him and the IO opportunity to charge twice maybe even four times with the 400 too

he did not know what the fee would be but suggested it might be in line with 90 day ED visa reports

Remember how the used the cover of the "ED Crackdown" to make 3x the money from students?  This looks similar.

Other offices have been reported to be re-setting 90-day reporting, and telling people to bring their bankbooks when they do those reports - though they are 2 separate things, so even if you did your 90-day reporting online or by mail, you would still need to come in to do your "90-day-money-checkup" visit.

Chang Wattana in Bangkok, OTOH, is not setting follow-up dates, per this thread's OP - but they suggested if you come in for anything, you bring an updated bank-book, just in case they want to see it. 

Note that CW is already requiring updated bank-books to pick up "under consideration" marriage-extensions - in a reported-case extending it a 2nd month - so requiring 4 months seasoning, vs the 2 which are stipulated in the rules.  But, that could be just because they hate doing those extensions (and, in some cases, that we are married to a Thai at all), so are applying extra pressure to discourage them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Note that CW is already requiring updated bank-books to pick up "under consideration" marriage-extensions - in a reported-case extending it a 2nd month - so requiring 4 months seasoning, vs the 2 which are stipulated in the rules.  But, that could be just because they hate doing those extensions (and, in some cases, that we are married to a Thai at all), so are applying extra pressure to discourage them.

I have only seen a report of them wanting to see a bank book at the end of 30 day under consideration period. That cannot do one for more than 30 days after the current permit to stay date.

There might of been case where the application was not approved yet at the end of the 30 days.

I have recommended to people that they keep the 400k baht in the bank during the approval period since immigration had contacted to confirm it was still in the bank.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would guess that Jomtien is doing that since there are many reports of agents being used there. Perhaps a way to end that being done.

Are you suggesting the 3 month return slips are being given to agents to pass on to their customers, as I have not heard of this yet? Agent customers mostly collect their passports from agent's offices.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are you suggesting the 3 month return slips are being given to agents to pass on to their customers, as I have not heard of this yet? 

No I was not.

I saying that the reasons Jomtien is doing it while others are not is to catch those that never had the money in the bank any longer than the day they applied.

Earlier in this(?) thread I promised to share information about "show bank book after 3 months" if I could get it from Jomtien Imm. Here's what I was told today:

1. Confused of the difference "90-day-report" and "show bankbook after 3 months" I was told "just show your updated bank book on your next 90-days-report.

2. The I asked then what would happen when I'd be abroad at that time and could not show the bank book. After calling a (maybe) higher ranking supervisor and some discussion between them he told me "no problem. You show bank book on your first 90-day-report after you come back. But we will check if the 800k were untouched the first three months after your extension of stay"

Is this a reliable information? I'm not so sure. It seemed to me they are disunited about the procedure and not yet knowing how they will handle the new rules.

28 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Earlier in this(?) thread I promised to share information about "show bank book after 3 months" if I could get it from Jomtien Imm. Here's what I was told today:

1. Confused of the difference "90-day-report" and "show bankbook after 3 months" I was told "just show your updated bank book on your next 90-days-report.

2. The I asked then what would happen when I'd be abroad at that time and could not show the bank book. After calling a (maybe) higher ranking supervisor and some discussion between them he told me "no problem. You show bank book on your first 90-day-report after you come back. But we will check if the 800k were untouched the first three months after your extension of stay"

Is this a reliable information? I'm not so sure. It seemed to me they are disunited about the procedure and not yet knowing how they will handle the new rules.

Thanks for report. That would then mean if you do zero 90 day reports due to say travel, then your bank book would be checked at time of your next extension.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That would then mean if you do zero 90 day reports due to say travel, then your bank book would be checked at time of your next extension.

That would be the logical conclusion. But this is Thailand, who knows?

I'll know it next year when I have to do my next extension. Probably with no 90-day-report between now an then.