Urgent : Parked rescue ambulance spooks Bangkok family

webfact

Urgent : Parked rescue ambulance spooks Bangkok family

By The Nation

264475735a6ded09860e1fa7bf8a0f48-sld.jpe

Photo : Nirun's facebook

A rescue worker with the Ruamkatanyu Foundation was upset this week to find a handwritten note on the windshield of his ambulance asking him to park elsewhere because the homeowners there were frightened by its presence.

The woman who left the note might share a common aversion to rescue vehicles because some have been used to transport corpses. Not this one, though.

Without identifying the woman or the neighbourhood, Nirun Boonplien, 44, posted photos of the note on Facebook.

“May I ask you not to park this car in this area,” it said. “Everybody in my family felt scared. We did not even dare open the doors or windows.”

Nirun’s van has signs up front saying “ambulance” and “Rescue Ruamkatanyu Foundation”.

The rescue worker, who lives in Pathum Thani but has worked in Bangkok’s Don Mueang area for more than 10 years, wrote that he’d always used a red Toyota car on his charitable missions, but about a week ago bought a white van and mounted the signs on it. 

“I usually park in the same spot waiting to help people in accidents or other emergencies,” he said. “This is the first time I’ve received such a request. I understand that the complainer thought my vehicle is used to transfer dead bodies.”

But Nirun stressed he only carries injured people and delivers first aid, and never transports corpses. 

See for yourself, or call him in an emergency, at 081 648 8208

Nirun said he will look for new location to park his ambulance.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30365571

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-11
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

Why is the word, “Ambulance” printed in English and reversed on the front. Presuming most drivers are Thai speakers, not English speakers, it seems pretty ridiculous. 

Your question is irrelevant; most drivers only look in the mirror to check how they look before they set off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Have you ever seen a ghost? Have you ever seen God? Just more superstitious nonsence validated only by faith and not by science or rational thought.????

Faith doesn't have to be validated, it can move mountains, especially when your contact lenses start swimming about on your eyeball.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

Why is the word, “Ambulance” printed in English and reversed on the front. Presuming most drivers are Thai speakers, not English speakers, it seems pretty ridiculous. 

Reversed to allow drivers in front to read in their mirrors what vehicle is trying to get through. In English because usually made for Western ambulances where people avoid blocking them.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

If your statement is correct, according to you, why have so many been documented around the world and are mentioned in the Holy Bible?

'nuf sed.

I would say that they have been taking/smoking drugs/weed. No Ghosts No Spirits! The only Spirit What one can see and drink comes in a Bottle.    ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

If your statement is correct, according to you, why have so many been documented around the world and are mentioned in the Holy Bible?

'nuf sed.

Nowhere near "'nuf sed" [sic]. 

Ghosts have not been credibly documented anywhere because they do not exist and you're really killing your argument by suggesting that if it is in a bible it must be true!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Thanks 2

Claiming it is an 'Ambulance' is far fetched. On the TV news the owner was shown opening the rear door and inside are rows of seats 'minibus' style!

Can anyone start a private ambulance service? No licence or training required....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

'nuf sed.

Many, many credulous people in the world is why. 99.9% of those "documented" cases have the same problems with the "documentation" process.
And which "Holy Bible" are you referring to?
You are entitled to your beliefs, the same as the Flat Earth Society folks. ????

'nuf sed.

Edited by Bill Miller
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Many years ago my Thai son told is wife's older sister that his father (me) doesn't believe in ghosts.

Older sister in law reacted in panic saying that non-believers will bring continuous severe bad luck and death to the family they live with.

My Thai son countered by saying. 'Well I also don't believe in ghosts and I totally forbid ghosts to enter my property so there's no problem'.

Sister in law sat quietly then disappeared to the room she was sleeping in. Some hour later she emerged to the living room and said 'Its true there are no ghosts in the room where I'm sleeping'.

Situational haunting. ????

• Haha 1

My wife and many members of her family are great ghost believers, usually or mostly deceased family members, the older the better. She chides me for being a non-believer in anything except a nice mattress and a good blanket. When I become aware of being in another state (spiritual) I will adjust my attitude. I do require that 191 be notified before they start throwing dirt on top  of me.

• 9 months later...

i like the one where there is a reason for them not showing rear lights on their scooters, is so a ghost cannot follow them home, to create mischief, these are young people,  this is the 21st century. is it not? (but its ok for a 12 wheeler to mow them down)