help required with long overstay

hi there i am in shit street dont know which way to turn etc and hoping for some advice please......I had my pp stolen of a ex gf and she was demanding large amounts of money from me which i did not want to pay so she kept the pp....so i am in need of a new pp and also now i am on a long overstay of 2 years what is the best way to clear this without getting banned and able to stay here in Thailand. PLEASE ONLY SENSIBLE ANSWERS EVEN THOUGHT IT IS NOT A SENSIBLE THING TO DO IS OVERSTAY.

You have 2 option:

- you leave the country by yourself and receive a 3 year ban

- they catch you while you in Thailand and then you receive a 10 year ban

Without blacklisting I don't think you will be able to handle it!

• Like 2

Just now, scorecard said:

That sounds like you end up with a 'new' passport which is fake.

That in itself is a recipe for further trouble. 

the pp will be real i know that for sure its just what been said on here making me wonder is it possible now for the overstay and blacklist to be fixed at a price or is a scam/ easy money for them to make for them not to do etc?

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

Your first steps are:

1. Obtain a police report for your lost passport
  2. Go to your embassy and get a new passport issued

Whatever happens you will need a new passport, unless you intend to hide in Thailand on overstay forever without being detected. Get your passport sorted out first.

ivegot the police report today.....is the British Embassy still open in BKK as i thought/ told it was closed and now have to do pp online ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whats the crack said:

the pp will be real i know that for sure its just what been said on here making me wonder is it possible now for the overstay and blacklist to be fixed at a price or is a scam/ easy money for them to make for them not to do etc?

You say the passport would be real, so why can't you go ahead and personally apply for a new passport from your home country?

Sounds strange. In fact is it possible for an agent to apply on your behalf for a new passport? For my old country the person involved must apply personally for a new / replacement passport.  

Seems to me you answered your own question whether the blocking of overstay and get a new 30 day visa is legitimate. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Just now, scorecard said:

You say the passport would be real, so why can't you go ahead and personally apply for a new passport from your home country?

Sounds strange. In fact is it possible for an agent to apply on your behalf for a new passport? For my old country the person involved must apply personally.  

i heard and been told that the british embassay in bkk is closed dont know how true that is....and the company who can help said its 5k for there help and then the price of pp and handling fee/ delivery charge...and if the uk embassay is still open is a 1001 questions and likely to be locked up from there ?

When you went to the police station to get a police report re theft of your passport how come the police didn't take action for overstay?

When you apply for a new passport at UK embassy or perhaps online seems to me there is risk that the embassy would alert the Thai police about the overstay (but that's an assumption). The British Embassy, the US embassy, all embassies would not not want to get into games / turn the other way and ignore the dates etc. All embassies strive to keep good relations / good cooperation with the local government. 

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When you went to the police station to get a police report re theft of your passport how come the police didn't take action for overstay?

A police report is a very simple affair done at a desk at the front of the station. Nobody checks your ID or status.

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When you apply for a new passport at UK embassy or perhaps online seems to me there is risk that the embassy would alert the Thai police about the overstay (but that's an assumption).

There is no risk. The British Embassy has no knowledge of your immigration status in Thailand. Thsi immigration does not tell the British Embassy if you do or do not have an extension if stay.

Further, British citizens do not go to the Embassy to obtain a passport. Instead they go to a third party provider called VFS at an office block in Bangkok.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When you apply for a new passport at UK embassy or perhaps online seems to me there is risk that the embassy would alert the Thai police about the overstay (but that's an assumption).

Your assumption is wrong, unless you are wanted in your home country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whats the crack said:

thanks A1Str8 for advice she wont meet me in person she wants me to transfer the money to her then she will post pp to me....i have spoken to a company said they can get me a new pp for a price and for 70k thb they can clear everything an i will get a 30day visa now after what you said making me think is this easy money for them or is it possible its real? 

In most cases, a fixer cannot help you with a genuine new passport. The big problem you have now is that your embassy almost certainly will not issue you a new passport without a police report. I think you are going to have to risk reporting this to the police, hoping they do not arrest you. There are fixers who can resolve overstays once you have a genuine passport. There is also a good chance of being cheated by someone who claims they can fix the problem but does not come through. I would be very suspicious of someone claiming they can, say, get you a genuine UK or US passport without you needing to do anything.

• Like 1

Assuming that you don't need to stay in Thailand or to come back for a few years, then you don't have a (major) issue. Get a new passport in Bangkok as advised above, and fly home. Don't transfer any money to the thief, because you almost certainly still won't get your passport back, she will have sold it by now.

British embassy is still there, by the way.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, whats the crack said:

i want to get a new passport, then if it genuine and not a scam fix the visa and overstay issue without getting arrested or being banned from Thailand

Do not go ahead with that! That is fake and a scam for sure!
Nobody can clear overstay for you, except a member of the group that runs the country. And they wont do it, especially not for a joke 70k thb.

Thailand is directly linked to US immigration databases, for this specific reason. Nobody can meddle with stored data, because its backed up and stored on US immigration servers. Even if you changed anything, it is still there and very very few have the power to make that disappear.

I already explained it to you, how you can do it, but you think you can outsmart the system:)
The girl doesnt wanna talk to you. Again, nobody is interested what she wants. If you know where she lives, you go get it. Or if not possible, then go to the police and report it. Name, conversations, everything you have. And tell them, she stole it. And yeah, if you are British, then you dont get the pass at the embassy, but Trendy.

• Haha 1

thanks A1Str8 for advice she wont meet me in person she wants me to transfer the money to her then she will post pp to me....i have spoken to a company said they can get me a new pp for a price and for 70k thb they can clear everything an i will get a 30day visa now after what you said making me think is this easy money for them or is it possible its real? 
Maybe try a legit visa agency, and see if they can wangle something, but it will cost you