Drunk and mangled big biker: I wanna go home - I've got no money

webfact

1 hour ago, impulse said:

While I don't disagree with your characterization, I can't help but recall the hundreds of times I've seen good ol' (English speaking) boys climb down from their barstools in Thailand and onto their scooters after bidding farewell to all their drunk buddies at the bar- who will soon follow suit.  I wonder how many of them are dissing this guy?

I actually assumed it was a foreigner, though I realize the article didn't actually mentioned it. I feel the same way about those dirtbags, though, and would never drive drunk myself. Unfortunately, many foreigners seem to think that the common sense they use at home no longer applies when they reach Thailand.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SammyT said:

Enough money to get drunk though?

No doubt plenty of suckers will donate to the GoFundMe page his family inevitably sets up...

agree, but what i dont get is why do these suckers donate to all these go fund me pages, i dont !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No insurance (even if he had it) will cover accident resulting from driving while drunk.

these idiots like him and that Kevin in Thailand are going to screw us all here who dont have insurance. i did have insurance but they kept sticking it to me with the premiums and the thought of how they just love to refuse a claim i decided to take care of my own medical bills if necessary and also the risk of them not paying out, i will cover myself if anything happens to me.   its a rip off cos they keep on increasing the premiums and dont pay out half the time. the way things are going insurance  is going to end up being compulsory and half the retired people here wont be able to get insurance or cover their own medical bills and will have to leave.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And rent a large bike rather than a smaller one at about 150 baht.day. 

Drunk riding a machine like that, lucky just to break a leg!

Broken wallet coming up from the bike rental company..

Totally voided insurance cover. 

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

Totally voided insurance cover. 

Well the insurance that comes with the rental is going to be the simple compulsory CTPL, Don't know much about it but at such a low cost must be limited. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well the insurance that comes with the rental is going to be the simple compulsory CTPL, Don't know much about it but at such a low cost must be limited. 

30k to 50k depending. 

Depending on what i haven't quite worked out yet.

But no cover for DUI'S. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:23 PM, smedly said:

not sure the nationality of the rider of the bike but unless I am reading this all wrong the driver of the pickup was stopped at the lights (Indian) and was rear ended by the bike rider who was drunk. 

"...the driver of the pickup was stopped at the lights (Indian)…"

I think you'll find that the lights were Thai, not Indian.

What do the nationalities of those involved matter?

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

ordinarily not a jot but this is Thailand and it is well understood by most people that foreigners especially to do with road accidents rarely get fair treatment

But hey, you carry on questioning stalking my posts just for the sake of it - again I care not a jot 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

these idiots like him and that Kevin in Thailand are going to screw us all here who dont have insurance. i did have insurance but they kept sticking it to me with the premiums and the thought of how they just love to refuse a claim i decided to take care of my own medical bills if necessary and also the risk of them not paying out, i will cover myself if anything happens to me.   its a rip off cos they keep on increasing the premiums and dont pay out half the time. the way things are going insurance  is going to end up being compulsory and half the retired people here wont be able to get insurance or cover their own medical bills and will have to leave.

I have suggested many times that expats should be able to buy into Thai National Healthcare or just charge everyone (millions) coming into Thailand a minimum fee of say 500baht that will cover all those that need it

It is also worth noting that many of the serious accidents foreigners get involved in are not necessarily their fault - many instances they are victims but still end up with hospital bills

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, A1Str8 said:

And who owns? If you think its indians that are the actual owners then go check again.
He probably also knows all the right people, thats why he moans about not having enough money to even pay a hospital bill. And who you went to school with counts as much as who you stood next to at 7-11 last night.

Are you really this obtuse?

The driver of the Fortuner is Indian. The bike rider is likely Thai.

As an aside; 

11 hours ago, smedly said:

It is also worth noting that many of the serious accidents foreigners get involved in are not necessarily their fault - many instances they are victims but still end up with hospital bills

I would like to add 'incidents', like being thwacked over the head with a bottle! 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:48 PM, Jip99 said:

Personal accident/Travel cover may well satisfy the hospital...

Not a snowballs chance in Hell! Damned fool was drunk and odds are that if he actually did have insurance that they will dump him straight away! Som num na!!

17 hours ago, smedly said:

ordinarily not a jot but this is Thailand and it is well understood by most people that foreigners especially to do with road accidents rarely get fair treatment

Why do some people continue to promulgate such inaccurate nonsense?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, Just Weird said:

How to check? Look for a traffic cop, if you see one playing Candy Crush then it is was a Thai light

or was there a officer dancing?

Edited by donim
  • Sad 1

On 3/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, Just Weird said:

You are right about the lights, Thai or Indian, it doesn't matter they are the same.

traffic-rules-rest-of-the-in-india-world-check-stop-12037076.png.0476b75d9d22fa8988927fca2b56c64b.png

Thailand is not the rest of the world. Green here is GO EVEN FASTER

The-Meaning-Of-Traffic-Lights-In-Thailand.jpg.1b1fb7a6857aac514e6e6f35cca7ee2a.jpg

Edited by donim
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why do some people continue to promulgate such inaccurate nonsense?

Because it happens, I have heard of  number of incidents. I guess I heard of them as they were promulgated. 

On 3/13/2019 at 10:54 AM, brokenbone said:

he is honest and tells straight up he dont have money for hospital,

what more do you want ?

Mandatory insurance for tourists or how about 800,000 in a Thai bank 2 months before you arrive for your holiday ????

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Because it happens, I have heard of  number of incidents. I guess I heard of them as they were promulgated. 

Your quote said, "...foreigners especially to do with road accidents rarely get fair treatment.."

There's a bit of a difference between foreigners rarely getting fair treatment as a generality and the "number of incidents" that you claim to have heard of.  Which incidents are you referring to that would justify your claim? 

On 3/13/2019 at 6:26 PM, puukao said:

6 Billion people on the planet, and growing

OK, so some travel without any money.  Should we persecute them?

OK, some want a better life and some fun with no money.  

OK, some aren't 100% prepared.......you were prepared during your life?

OK, they thought it wouldn't happen to them.......

OK, they ask for help

OK, they drove drunk.... you never did that even once?  

Luckily he didn't kill anyone.  If we get mad at him, when will you stop getting mad?  Jail and fine for driving drunk, blacklisted, and if caught driving drunk again maybe years in jail.  But I'm not going to lecture this guy

I nominate you for Sainthood on the next go around.       ????