Angry over Brexit delay, 'Leave' supporters march through London

rooster59

Put your pro eu leanings to one side for approx 90 minutes..google " brexit the movie "..then tell me exactly how many bills any eu mep can propose..put forward..propose to be debated etc

Time to learn how the EU bodies work:

- Council of ministers, in which every EU member state is represented, e.g. the minister for that subject (e.g. agriculture) or the prime ministers = leaders of governments.

- Council of directories, with at each a Commissioner representative of one of the EU member states in charge

- European parliament, with.. 75 British members.

Civil servants, appointed by the government.. yes, same as in the UK, are not voted positions.

But.. any member of the House of Lords voted for ?  Any member of the Winsor family... becoming Duke becasue of the place they are born ?
Mr Barnier, a professional negotiator for the EU, is appointed buy the 27 heads of state. Who voted for David Davis to be the British negotiator ? Only because he was the winner in the constituency  Haltemprice and Howden this amateur had to lead the Brits...  According to Bertie Ahern, Davis did not understand the implications of Brexit for Ireland's border with Northern Ireland . No wonder... 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Put your pro eu leanings to one side for approx 90 minutes..google " brexit the movie "..then tell me exactly how many bills any eu mep can propose..put forward..propose to be debated etc

The commission defines a workprogram according to the strategic agenda of the Council (representing elected governments), and in agreement with the EP.

They propose regulation according to this workprogram. The Council can pass or not the proposed laws, same for the EP. The EP can also propose and vote amendments to the proposed laws. What is undemocratic about it? At the national level, most laws are proposed by governments, not so often by national parliaments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Typical biased Reuters. What an earth has this guy got to do with the Brexit march. Nothing. So Reuters continue to try and link far right people with brexiteers and show just how biased they are as a news organisation when it comes to the EU and referendum.

They are as bad as the independent and guardian newspapers.

Yaxley-Lennon works for UKIP, so he has a lot to do with it; unfortunately.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

1. The UK gdp per capita is one of the highest in the EU. Then think about who is responsible for the distribution of the gdp. That's right, it's the UK government. You (ignorantly) blame the EU for a situation where the EU has no influence whatsoever. Read something about the GINI coefficents.

2. Who sets the income tax rates in the UK? Right it is not the EU, but the UK government as a sovereign state.

3. Who enables the tax loopholes for the super rich to evade taxes? That's right the government of the UK who cares for and defends their tax havens.

4. In this regard, your criticism of the EU is completely misguided.

OK, and I sympathies with you  but please when you put an argument forward ensure the facts support your argument. In this instance your statements regarding the UK GDP being one of the highest does not support your argument so expect to be challenged. In fact the UK is in 15th place below Malta Ref. this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2

The french..dutch..and italian people are sick to their back teeth of the eu.
Macron..giving tax breaks to the rich and taxing the man/women on the street.
Tell you what..we can have this chat again after the populist parties of various eu member nations run amok in the mep elections come may

1. The UK gdp per capita is one of the highest in the EU. Then think about who is responsible for the distribution of the gdp. That's right, it's the UK government. You (ignorantly) blame the EU for a situation where the EU has no influence whatsoever. Read something about the GINI coefficents.
2. Who sets the income tax rates in the UK? Right it is not the EU, but the UK government as a sovereign state.
3. Who enables the tax loopholes for the super rich to evade taxes? That's right the government of the UK who cares for and defends their tax havens.
4. In this regard, your criticism of the EU is completely misguided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Can you honestly blame people for saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
I strongly suggest the above is a strong valid reason why the LEAVE vote was victorious.

That is Kindergartenbehaviour. 

Grown ups would change the system but not by leaving the club and complaining about bad treatment but by raising voice and working within the different groups. 

And.... With a vote. 

We never had a better life since EU. 

I admit not everything is working properly in EU, but EU is not Brussels only but EU parliament with elected members. There jurisdiction is made! 

I would be happy with United States of Europe giving everbody the opportunity according his skills. Without borders, without different legislation or taxes. 

Better to have a prime minister called Macron or Merkel than a Stubborn old wrench. 

The parliament in Strassburg "rules" about all EU members with laws which UK has to follow.... Within or without EU..... If you want commercial connections and trades with EU members. 

You cannot be better off alone than together with 500 millions. 

• Sad 1

Yip..sacked by the eu for not signing off what in her opinion fraudulent accounts!!!!
Have you read her book?, or are you just happy to badmouth a very educated Lady???

Opinionated tripe. More facts from Macedonia olive farmers. She is an Argentinian, sacked by the Eu, had a grudge so joined the UK conservative party and eventually lost her seat. Just another typical loser with a chip on both shoulders.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Yip..sacked by the eu for not signing off what in her opinion fraudulent accounts!!!!
Have you read her book?, or are you just happy to badmouth a very educated Lady???

Didn't bad mouth her. Just stated facts that you appear to be unhappy with. Like most Brexiteers, facts most often defeat their arguments. Quite what her education levels has got to do with her displaying a grievance which she claimed were fraudulent accounts, refuted by the way by a team of internationally renowned auditors, is a poor reason for believing her. So trawled her skills to UKIP and the Conservative party and as I said lost her seat. Clearly the voters saw through her but not you. And where exactly is she now ?

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't a clue..by the way..which team of renowned experts are you referring to?

Didn't bad mouth her. Just stated facts that you appear to be unhappy with. Like most Brexiteers, facts most often defeat their arguments. Quite what her education levels has got to do with her displaying a grievance which she claimed were fraudulent accounts, refuted by the way by a team of internationally renowned auditors, is a poor reason for believing her. So trawled her skills to UKIP and the Conservative party and as I said lost her seat. Clearly the voters saw through her but not you. And where exactly is she now ?

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Haven’t you been reading any of the previous posts in TVF?
Mortgage fraud that it appears the banks didn’t even know or care about.
Contempt of court instances that nobody else was charged with, lead to his illegal imprisonment.
He is being politically persecuted because the establishment is so afraid of the potential implications.

Get over it...

he is a low life with a criminal record as long as your arm.

You keep posting crap that fools nobody but yourself (and possibly one two others).

Edited by Basil B

1 hour ago, Spidey said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Yaxley-Lennon works for UKIP, so he has a lot to do with it; unfortunately.

Actually there to make speeches from the UKIP stand.

Actually a paid rabble-rouser...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Typical biased Reuters. What an earth has this guy got to do with the Brexit march. Nothing. So Reuters continue to try and link far right people with brexiteers and show just how biased they are as a news organisation when it comes to the EU and referendum.

They are as bad as the independent and guardian newspapers.

He was hosting the "Make Brexit Happen" rally and you think it "biased" to "link" him to Brexit.  Good grief.

17 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Where did you pick that little gem up from.

Just googled that and the nearest statement came from Macron on Wednesday as reported in the Indipendent:

France would block a delay to Brexit unless it had a “clear objective” based on a “new choice” by the British. Emmanuel Macron has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-article-50-extend-macron-merkel-theresa-may-france-germany-eu-talks-a8799506.html

Not exactly:

'No more extensions as France has made it clear and will veto any further extension requests'

Looks like more fake news...

Edited by Basil B

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

OK, and I sympathies with you  but please when you put an argument forward ensure the facts support your argument. In this instance your statements regarding the UK GDP being one of the highest does not support your argument so expect to be challenged. In fact the UK is in 15th place below Malta Ref. this 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Depends on which source you look at.

International Monetary Fund or World Bank or United Nations.

Valid data is available for 2017.

2018 und 2019 are asterisked estimates.

But I gladly accept your criticism.

With high, I mean in the upper half of the EU. But it is good if such numbers become clear to all. By reading some postings here, you get the feeling like we are talking about Albania and poverty would be unbearable in the UK, due to the EU.

My point is, the problem is in the distribution policy of the UK government and not the EU.

1 hour ago, tudorc said:

And so project fear is actually project reality.....

...the real project fear was the leave campaign about the bogey man called the EU....

Cost of Brexit so far :-

https://costofbrexit.netlify.com/

63.5 Billion pounds and rising

a list of companys planning or have already planned to leave UK shores

https://www.compelo.com/companies-leaving-the-uk-after-brexit/

more links from brexit supporting papers:-

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1045243/Brexit-cost-how-much-has-brexit-cost-uk-june-2018-500-million-pounds-a-week

Barclays bank shifts 190 billion of assets to the Republic of Ireland:-

https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/barclays-prepares-to-shift-e190bn-of-uk-assets-to-ireland-20190130

Transferwise relocates out of London :

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-fintech-transferwise-brexit/brexit-prompts-transferwise-to-move-europe-headquarter-from-uk-to-continent-idUKKBN17E1KC

Thx for the runing Clock.

But I think the UK's asset loss in the international currency comparison is much higher than $ 64 billion through the exchange rate. If you take the assets of a country (M2 money, real estate, life insurance, stocks) and deduct the debts, you get the net wealth of an economy in domestic currency. If you now calculate a 10% loss in value over the exchange rate, you are clearly in the 3 digit billions range.

1 hour ago, tudorc said:

Snip ....

Barclays bank shifts 190 billion of assets to the Republic of Ireland:-

https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/barclays-prepares-to-shift-e190bn-of-uk-assets-to-ireland-20190130

190 billion.

That is a very big firecracker.

Barclays Bank manages total assets worldwide from 1,133 Billionen GBP.

That is a Shift from 17%.

Holy crap.