Embarrassing moments with the wife when traveling to Europe

davidst01

Nothing as fraught as the OP, thank goodness.

Was going through the security check at Edinburgh airport for a flight to LHR. My wife went through and the warning lights came on. The guy at the x-ray arch indicated he wanted my wife to take off her 'coat'. Problem was, it did look like a coat but it was actually a dress, and she was just about to take it off before I managed to stop the show and explained to the guy why it might not be such a good idea. Had a good laugh afterwards as my two boys were also there!!

First trip to UK in mid 80's. Arrived at LHR and was unsure on procedure. So, I went through UK passport lane and the (to be) wife was pointed to the 'others' section, which was busy as ever. So I got through and was all set for a long wait when I noticed an Immo guy gesturing at me to go over to him. My wife had somehow bypassed the queue and was stood in front of the guy, clearly flummoxed by his questions. Anyway, I went over and got it sorted out. Still never found out how she did it....!!

A number of other 'experiences', but I can certainly sympathise with the rice issue. Trying to find a supply of cooked rice at 8am in a wee town in Scotland was not too easy!! 

Edited by dabhand
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Accidentally dropped a cup of tea in front of everyone..... humiliating to say the least...... you sound like fun to be with.... not.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I know all to well, mine did exactly the same but only did it once because never took her back to Europe again and never will.... we give them a nice life, money and so forth treat them nice and respect them but we can not change their education and unfortunately they don't have much of it

WOW! Lovely type of persons to spend a happy family life. They are educated too!

(not surprising they cant find a woman from their home country)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Cut her some slack. She has virtually zero knowledge of what the norms are outside Thailand. Take that into account.

The thing is some Thais do have an idea through education, however someone out of nakon nowhere jungle with with a few months seeing pattaya or phuket, what else could be expected

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This could be any person from any country.

The positive reaction on the bag is super easy to fix, throw it away and buy a new one, no need to buy the best quality in the world, most people go for OK quality on discount.

So there's so continuing action re the bag and drug positive, I would be very quickly taking every further action possible to ensure a positive can't happen again in terms of the bag contents, throw them all away.

Sure it's going to cost a bit but better safe than sorry. 

44 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Maybe it's different generations, but aside from bar girls and such I don't find most Thai girls to be that uneducated or ignorant. They're actually more "westernized" than, say, Japanese girls. Of course the bar girls are a different story, but you wouldn't wanna marry one anyway...

Not true. Once I dated a Thai girl back in my country... relatively rich and on a student visa. Decent enough English. First she asked me to carry all bunch of crap in the suitcase for her family on the way to Thailand. I asked her that if she is on a student visa would she still need to attend school. No problem. I quit visa still valid. Of course, on the way back she gets stopped and I spend night at the airport while she the immigration was drilling her about the school she quit and bunch of crap in the suitcase she brought from Thailand. Fortunately she had an immigration lawyer which bailed her out.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I know all to well, mine did exactly the same but only did it once because never took her back to Europe again and never will.... we give them a nice life, money and so forth treat them nice and respect them but we can not change their education and unfortunately they don't have much of it

So why not marry an educated woman instead?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No it's not just you. I'm never ashamed of the woman I'm with (even if I'm paying for her company).

Some of them might not want to be seen with me though.

Are you one of those guys who makes a fool of himself by walking  around Sukhumvit looking all proud of his whore du jour?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2