PM calls for unity among Thais

rooster59

PM calls for unity among Thais

Thammarat Thadaphrom

a85510242a4cbf2a6d3cde08b491f1c7.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Prime Minister has sent a message to political parties and all Thai citizens, reminding that them the purpose of forming a coalition government is to unite to do good deeds for the Kingdom and its people while preventing ill-intentioned individuals from doing harm.

The message from current Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha also asked members of the media to present the news in a positive light, to create a peaceful atmosphere in the nation, and to help gain confidence from investors and the international community.

General Prayut also stated that political dispute is a major obstacle to peace and development that prevents Thailand from reaching its full potential. He asked all Thais to consciously consume information from various media outlets, by considering all available facts. He said they should steer away from disinformation that may become threats to society.

The Prime Minister’s also said that democracy places importance on the common good and the next government must work to the best of its ability to foster unity among all Thais. He deemed that such an approach will pivot Thailand toward prosperity honorably and steadily.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-03-31

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

reminding that them the purpose of forming a coalition government is to unite to do good deeds for the Kingdom and its people while preventing ill-intentioned individuals from doing harm.

While he supposedly only represents old wealth elite and his military to control all. I wonder what would happen if generals and ex generals were not allowed to sit on government, corporate or company board controlling positions. What does he mean? For all intensive purposes it spoke at the elections and such that more than half of Thailand +++ seem to think he is ill intended and they are sick of him, his group and all the assumed deceit. But noooo, cannot call them corrupt.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

General Prayut also stated that political dispute is a major obstacle to peace and development

The general has already created unity in Thailand, the people are united in wanting him gone.

The only obstacle being him not leaving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And why doesn't he think that he and his elite and military cronies aren't the root cause of all this? Hold a new and free election and put your $4million dollars where your mouth is for who will win hands down. Might even be FFP.

Is that the Farang Freedom Party

He just can't stay off the television.

How disingenuous.

Looks to me like all the smaller parties are quite unified 555.

I'm not at all certain there won't be pre coronation shenanigans resulting in coupmeisters never relinquishing power. In fact, I expect it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nong38 said:

I am told he has asked that people wear yellow on April 1st, I will look on with interest how many supporters he has.

Thai expats in Paris who comply with this request will no doubt find themselves staring down the barrel of a soldier's shotgun, then...

"the purpose of forming a coalition government is to unite to do good deeds for the Kingdom and its people while preventing ill-intentioned individuals from doing harm."

The UK had a coalition government from 2010-2015. It didn't unite to do any good deeds and instead of preventing ill intentioned individuals from doing harm, it ended up actively encouraging them. I suspect Thailand will find the same...